Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
And an article is going to prevent Qatar from buying United?

The point is Delaney has been critical of Newcastle and City's sportswashing, so to suggest that he's critical of Qatar's sportwashing bid because he's being paid seems a massive reach.

please read my previous post. Let me tell you one thing though. There's nothing more powerful then a journalist who is able to successfully portray himself to the people as an independent journalist

The point is Delaney has been critical of Newcastle and City's sportswashing, so to suggest that he's critical of Qatar's sportwashing bid because he's being paid seems a massive reach.

It's not just reaching, it's embarrassing. From crying 'racism' to sketching out detailed conspiracies, some of our fans have demeaned themselves.

It's not just reaching, it's embarrassing. From crying 'racism' to sketching out detailed conspiracies, some of our fans have demeaned themselves.

If you think that media influence can't be bought then think again

Happy glazerhog day

Nothing happy about it unfortunately!

Man united have lost over £200m in the last 2 years of trading, both years with huge annual turnovers. That’s a concern for any incoming CEO/Owner.

You would not spend £2.6/2.7bn on gaining controlling shares without doing due diligence, SJR does not have an instant financial fix, he’s not paying £2.7bn then paying off the debt of £665m through Ineos to lose money. He’s already made it clear in the media that he won’t go any higher with his bid after the third entry.

The Ineos Board would expect the club to be self sufficient as soon as possible and probably would want the debt absorbed into the parent company paid back. The benefits of their ownership would be no more dividends and no £40m of annual interest payments to service the club debt, crippling our clubs finances but an agreement to repay the capital borrowed from Ineos to clear the debt.

SJR is 70 and he probably has a 10 year plan to turn united around both on the pitch and off the pitch, but it won’t be a quick fix, the club is in such a state financially, Of course it would worry him, yes if he takes over he’ll throw £200m this summer in amortised transfers at the club and try and make them better next season, the problem is three fold ;

1. Stabilise the financial turnover and expenditure to make it sustainable within the new 90% rule this season declining to 70% by 25/26 season. The club would need to level out at £650m with new sponsors and control the wage bill at max of £325m going forward. He then has the added financial concerns of Building or redeveloping a new stadium, How, When and the cost and how would he finance, probably more debt ?

2. To employ an Elite DOF, that has the experience and expertise to oversee this 10 year plan, where top targets like Caciedo are not just identified but purchased for £4-5m and maybe sent to parent club Nice First. We know he favours Paul Mitchell whose young but is he truly best in class and can he create a conveyor of elite young talent to support the manager, can he identify the next superstar before the price rockets?

3. Improve the football team on the pitch, support the manager, maybe change him; that’s a worry right there, a top united side doesn’t lose 8 or 9 games away from home from 19 played and it certainly doesn’t bottle top 4 when it only needs 13 points from last 8 games.

As you can see there is an awful lot for a 70 year old billionaire to worry about and I haven’t even mentioned the feeeback from the fans should he take control with Avram and Joel staying in some capacity !

Please stop posting things like this it's extremely upsetting.

So really makes you wonder. If the likes of Abu Dhabi are ready to go so far then surely they would use all their influence in the media to portray Qatar as the devil. Which may explain why someone like Delaney who works for a company owned by Oligarchs and Saudi sheikhs is so vocal against United being bought by Jassim.

I wonder how much they're paying Harry P?

I'm completely baffled by Delaney in all honesty

Does a good job of raising awareness against the middle east which is fair enough but works for a company owned by A Saudi and a Russian oligarch which to me completely condescends his view.

He also praises City to the hilt which is hilarious

Let me tell you a story of a certain journalist/editor/owner of a newspaper in my country. I won't write his name here because I don't want to put redcafe in any risk however I'll pm it if you want. This guy runs a newspaper whose got a reputation of being investigative and independent. He hits both the government and the opposition party. The opposition party had previously accused him that he tend to attack them more, something he rubbished as something 'politicians' would say to cover his arse. I myself believed him.

Recently however a piece of information had been leaked were it showed that thousands of euros (ie at least 2m) were placed in his coffers from taxpayer's money. The government is fighting tooth and nail to avoid more information from going out. Is he compromised? I don't know. Is there the potential of him being compromised? I bet there is.

Very interesting but i don't understand why that's relevant when we discuss Delaney.

This saga is another example of why you should consider a wide array of news sources instead of relying on just one for a story.

That Jonathan Liew thing (which was laughably ridiculous) the other day was a perfect example of why you can’t trust certain journalists.

‘Manchester United being state owned would be the beginning of the apocalypse in world football, but hey how about Haaland and them City boys having a top season after years of building?!’

Talk of the Devils said Ineos are confident. And they said that they expect movement in the next couple of weeks

please read my previous post. Let me tell you one thing though. There's nothing more powerful then a journalist who is able to successfully portray himself to the people as an independent journalist
Regardless of what some journalists have done in your country and elsewhere, you are basing these accusations on absolutely nothing at all.

He doesn't agree with what you on wanting Qatar, so he must be on the take, even though his position is completely consistent with his position on City and Newcastle's owners.

This saga is another example of why you should consider a wide array of news sources instead of relying on just one for a story.

That Jonathan Liew thing (which was laughably ridiculous) the other day was a perfect example of why you can’t trust certain journalists.

‘Manchester United being state owned would be the beginning of the apocalypse in world football, but hey how about Haaland and them City boys having a top season after years of building?!’

Read the Liew article too and found it pretty baseless and full of the usual hyperbole about the club selling out. Other than the emotive grabbing headline it was just all rhetoric.

Well, most journalism is just degrees of clickbaitery these days, so there's that.

But in general, this sort of argument doesn't really work. For one thing, I'm pretty sure Liew has written pieces that were explicitly critical of City's owners, i.e. the sportswashing angle. And for another, there isn't anything inherently contradictory about praising Pep and/or Haaland while at the same time being critical of the people who pay their salaries. I mean, what's the alternative for a sports journalist? Refuse to talk about Haaland because...sportswashing? Or pretend he's shit?

Regardless of what some journalists have done in your country and elsewhere, you are basing these accusations on absolutely nothing at all.

He doesn't agree with what you on wanting Qatar, so he must be on the take, even though his position is completely consistent with his position on City and Newcastle's owners.

Some people are mature enough to support a bid while not being completely biased in favour of it. For example I don't think that Qatari lead clubs are managed wonderfully + I doubt that Jassim's bid is not financed by Qatar.

However this has nothing to do with the bid especially with INEOS. This is about foreign countries being scared so much of Qatar getting their hands over United to such extent that they are ready to use their influence to devalue the currency of a foreign neighbouring country to achieve that goal. Anyone going to such extent will surely be willing to use his connections in the media to throw as much mud towards Qatari bid as possible. Whose better to get that goal then a proven 'holier then you' journalist especially one who doesn't seem to mind from taking money from anyone really

I just want the sale to complete. Jim with debt and minority Glazers or SJ without I don’t care, just get the Glazers (majority/control) out!

EDIT: Although your post gave me an amusing thought…

“BREAKING: Sources close to Raine say that Sir Jim Ratcliffe has withdrawn his bid citing comments he read on Redcafe!”

Imagine the meltdown!

:D

Talk of the Devils said Ineos are confident. And they said that they expect movement in the next couple of weeks
I understand when you get to Jim's age you can get a bit irregular, and need a bit of help in that department, but a couple of weeks, the man needs a doctor, surely he can afford to buy some senokot

To be fair, the Athletic lads haven't been anywhere near the front of the queue when it comes to exclusive news on the takeover.

Very interesting but i don't understand why that's relevant when we discuss Delaney.

A- If a nation is so scared about United's takeover from Qatar to be ready to try and cripple a neighbouring country's currency so that doesn't happen then surely they are ready to use their media connections to portray that takeover in a bad light.

B- In that case if they are able to find someone with a reputation of being independent then the better as such journalist would surely hit stronger among the audience then a biased one. Think of let's say Henry and Souness. If Henry says something against Pogba then you're more likely to believe it as opposed to Souness.

I am not saying that Delaney is in Abu Dhabi's pockets. However I find it awkward that a holier then you journalist would work for a company who is owned by such people.

Last edited:
A- If a nation is so scared about United's takeover from Qatar to be ready to try and cripple a neighbouring country's currency so that doesn't happen then surely they are ready to use their media connections to portray that takeover in a bad light.

B- In that case if they are able to find someone with a reputation of being independent then the better as such journalist would surely hit stronger among the audience then a biased one. Think of let's say Henry and Souness. If Henry says something against Pogba then you're more likely to believe it as opposed to Souness.

I am not saying that Delaney is bought off. However I find it awkward that a holier then you journalist would work for a company who is owned by such people.

This was back in 2017, nothing recent.

This was back in 2017, nothing recent.

fair enough. However for someone to go to such extent is quite scary tbh and show their reluctance to see Qatar delving deeper into football. If Abu Dhabi can go to such extent then surely they can plant a couple of articles against Qatar buying their rival club

Mitten is genuinely one of the worst Utd 'journalists'.

He does get interviews and that but he doesn't ask the right questions and can't interpret information accurately. His judgement is poor and he's a painful listen. One of the rare poor hires made by The Athletic. I would definitely dismiss anything he says about the Utd sale process.
Yeah much better to listen to Goldbridge and Howson. They know what’s up!

It's always shite mate. Never know why fans buy into transfer news or this type of reporting. Only time it's true is when you can tell there has been a briefing.

true but this takeover had certainly delivered the killer blow especially after the 'INEOS/Jassim placing a bid when it wasn't the case' mess

The more I think about it, the more I believe that your standard sports journalists (who can give the inside line on transfers) aren’t going to be much help on what is basically an M&A story.

It’ll be a business journalist who’ll get the scoop first if anyone. It’s their bread and butter especially since United is a publicly traded company too. Someone from Raine Group is more likely to have a business/finance journalist in their rolodex as opposed to a sports journalist.

The run of the mill sports journalists are just posting opinion pieces on this to gather easy clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.