Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand the Glazers can't really argue about leaving a good side behind with solid foundations if we still end up in the Europa league
You're obviously correct. But they've already got a World Record offer on the table despite the amount of work that needs doing on the infrastructure and squad through their mismanagement and neglect.

I'd stake my car that Glazers/Raine have been pushing the potential of the club and the price set is based on what a competent owner could make this club. A Manchester United with a sparkling new stadium, training ground, the best players and fighting for titles on top of their ridiculous ever-growing fanbase is going to be worth a lot of chips. Something I can't see another year of Europa League stopping.

We've removed some tweets with low quality sourcing. Please stick to known journos, ideally those affiliated with the tiered system in the transfer forum.

Even before this latest news about SJR offering the Glazers a way to stay, from purely a footballing perspective there was no doubt that the Qataris would be better owners for us.

They can put the funds to renovate the training ground and the stadium without needing to borrow. This latest news just confirms in the long run that even billionaire businessmen can't compete with state backed funds, hence SJR looking at alternative approaches to win.

So if you look at it logically, what benefit is there to be owned longer term by businessmen when even during the bidding process they make it clear they can't compete with State backed funds? Even if SJR wins this just shows he can't really compete with the likes of City, Newcastle etc and sooner or later majority of the top clubs in the PL will be owned by oil funds. So what benefit is there in being owned by him?
This is right. In a few years time most of the top clubs will be backed by oil billionaires.
What happens if the Quatari's lose out and then buy Liverpool instead. Would the fans like that.

Irrespective were it goes, sports journalism will come out the worst out of this takeover. Their reputation is in ruins after so much backtracking and stating the obvious. Maybe we should listen to historians from now on raymther then journalists. My favourite is nurse

You get more from Twitter spaces than some of these journalists. :lol:

I don’t see any different between the two? Maguire literally makes stuff up to fit an article months ago that’s still regarded as ffp fact on here.
All these sports fiancé sources are as reliable as each other.
just pointing it out

I don't know what you are referring to specifically, but Kieran Maguire uses publicly available financial details to compound his opinions and give explanations where necessary. That's what I've seen in his Twitter threads.

I don't know who the bloke in the article is, but he makes a prediction based on his expert opinion that the Glazers will accept the highest offer and Qatar are able to offer the most. And in turn that's what the article is based on.

Hasn't it been 10 days since the last bidding round already? Yet we don't hear anything. The Glazers are really trying to sabotage our summer transfer window!

You'll fit in right with them based on your posts here tbh. Lots of fiction, huge leaps of assumptions written as facts and speaking as if you've just had a converstation with the people you're writing about (with a bit of mind reading thrown in as well).
Totally the opposite, I like the media have no idea of what’s happening and think the club has its work cut out , who ever takes control due to the negligence in ownership over the last decade in particular, but their negligence has created divisions in the fan base as proven by your post which wishes to claim the higher ground by refusing to understand anyone else POV.

Mind reading, that’s an urban myth and the more united fans continue to argue about whose going to buy the club or when the club is going to be sold , however inconsequential is what will soon make Manchester United an Urban myth too!

You're obviously correct. But they've already got a World Record offer on the table despite the amount of work that needs doing on the infrastructure and squad through their mismanagement and neglect.

I'd stake my car that Glazers/Raine have been pushing the potential of the club and the price set is based on what a competent owner could make this club. A Manchester United with a sparkling new stadium, training ground, the best players and fighting for titles on top of their ridiculous ever-growing fanbase is going to be worth a lot of chips. Something I can't see another year of Europa League stopping.

I recently bought an exquisite property in a prestigious area in Malta. Unlike most areas of that kind who tend to be in the middle of nowhere this area is relatively central which makes it both prestigious and also convenient to live in. Needless to say these properties are rarely on the market and when they are, it happens because either those who live in them want to downsize due to age or else their owners died.

When I visited the property I noticed it was dated which came to a surprise considering that it was owned by a middle aged man. These houses are the pride and joy of those who owns them and while elderly people might close an eye to the place being dated (they usually don't), that's simply doesn't happen to someone of his age. A quick search on the internet was enough to learn that the guy had applied for various planning permits yet he had never done anything about it. But what broke the camel's back was a leaking bathroom. It was evident that the guy couldn't afford this property and was desperate to sell. I threw a carrot and stick deal to him. On one hand I chipped the price substantially arguing that the place need huge renovation as I couldn't trust anything in this house (ie pipes, electricity, tiles, bathrooms etc). That move would take me months and meanwhile I would have to rent. It was BS of course as I happened to know a good turnkey contractor who was able to do all the works in 1 month and a half. On the other hand if he agreed with the price then I'm 100% taking it as a loan wouldn't be an issue considering my credit rating etc. That topped the deal to my favour. My confidence in sealing the deal wasn't down to the works that needed to be done. If I did that to the typical elderly couple who were downsizing then they would probably send me on my way home. These people tend to be rich and can easily buy elsewhere while still keeping their property. My confidence was fuelled by the fact that the guy needed the money and he needed it fast.

United is worth tens of thousands more then my house. However Ratcliffe/Jassim are tens of thousand times better negotiators then I am as well. These people have seen United's books, they know that the club is losing money, that interest rates are on the way up and that the Glazers can't afford to hold their asset for long. If United doesn't make it to the CL then the situation will get worse and considering FFP then reduced revenue will probably make it more different for United to throw money at the problem and get out off that hole on their own. That something they will exploit.

So really makes you wonder. If the likes of Abu Dhabi are ready to go so far then surely they would use all their influence in the media to portray Qatar as the devil. Which may explain why someone like Delaney who works for a company owned by Oligarchs and Saudi sheikhs is so vocal against United being bought by Jassim.

So really makes you wonder. If the likes of Abu Dhabi are ready to go so far then surely they would use all their influence in the media to portray Qatar as the devil. Which may explain why someone like Delaney who works for a company owned by Oligarchs and Saudi sheikhs is so vocal against United being bought by Jassim.

That's a very nonsensical conspiracy theory. Get real.

That's a very nonsensical conspiracy theory. Get real.
Not a conspiracy theory when there's clear evidence of previous occurrences:

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/...rief-uk-journalists-qatar-brotherhood-attacks

It's quite possible if you ask me

The Independent is owned by Evgeny Lebedev (41%) and Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%). The former is said to be an oligarch while the latter is said to be someone close to the Saudi crown.

The Independent is owned by Evgeny Lebedev (41%) and Sultan Muhammad Abuljadayel (30%). The former is said to be an oligarch while the latter is said to be someone close to the Saudi crown.

What does that have to do with Abu Dhabi?

Delaney opposed the Newcastle takeover aswell.

The weirdest thing I've seen on this forum during this whole shameful affair is that I can remember the days of "Please Sir Jim, save us!" and am astonished to see how the opinions have swung to "Stay away Jim, we hate you"

I personally am no great fan of either bid, and definitely no fan of the Glazers either. If you held a gun to my head though I would side with INEOS as long as they get control of the club's decision making and are putting all current and future debt on INEOS and not United.

I just want the sale to complete. Jim with debt and minority Glazers or SJ without I don’t care, just get the Glazers (majority/control) out!

EDIT: Although your post gave me an amusing thought…

“BREAKING: Sources close to Raine say that Sir Jim Ratcliffe has withdrawn his bid citing comments he read on Redcafe!”

Imagine the meltdown!

What does that have to do with Abu Dhabi?

Delaney opposed the Newcastle takeover aswell.

Don't you think that someone who get paid from a Saudi Sheikh close to the crown and a Russian Oligarch would find money coming from Abu Dhabi disgusting?

And he's called out about City/Abu Dhabi sportswashing. There are plenty of writers that Abu Dhabi already has assisting their sportswashing, so this really makes no sense.

Abu Dhabi bought City and an article won't change that. Qatar has yet to buy United.

Irrespective were it goes, sports journalism will come out the worst out of this takeover. Their reputation is in ruins after so much backtracking and stating the obvious. Maybe we should listen to historians from now on raymther then journalists. My favourite is nurse

It's always shite mate. Never know why fans buy into transfer news or this type of reporting. Only time it's true is when you can tell there has been a briefing.

And he's called out about City/Abu Dhabi sportswashing. There are plenty of writers that Abu Dhabi already has assisting their sportswashing, so this really makes no sense.

Let me tell you a story of a certain journalist/editor/owner of a newspaper in my country. I won't write his name here because I don't want to put redcafe in any risk however I'll pm it if you want. This guy runs a newspaper whose got a reputation of being investigative and independent. He hits both the government and the opposition party. The opposition party had previously accused him that he tend to attack them more, something he rubbished as something 'politicians' would say to cover his arse. I myself believed him.

Recently however a piece of information had been leaked were it showed that thousands of euros (ie at least 2m) were placed in his coffers from taxpayer's money. The government is fighting tooth and nail to avoid more information from going out. Is he compromised? I don't know. Is there the potential of him being compromised? I bet there is.

Abu Dhabi bought City and an article won't change that. Qatar has yet to buy United.
And an article is going to prevent Qatar from buying United?

The point is Delaney has been critical of Newcastle and City's sportswashing, so to suggest that he's critical of Qatar's sportwashing bid because he's being paid seems a massive reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.