Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I believe that your standard sports journalists (who can give the inside line on transfers) aren’t going to be much help on what is basically an M&A story.

It’ll be a business journalist who’ll get the scoop first if anyone. It’s their bread and butter especially since United is a publicly traded company too. Someone from Raine Group is more likely to have a business/finance journalist in their rolodex as opposed to a sports journalist.

The run of the mill sports journalists are just posting opinion pieces on this to gather easy clicks.

The business journos definitely seem to be the first to the post on the exclusives

This thread is quite sad, it's like starving masses squabbling over crumbs and turning on each other in the delerium caused by malnutrition.

This thread is quite sad, it's like starving masses squabbling over crumbs and turning on each other in the delerium caused by malnutrition.
Considering this has been a 6 month slog of a saga about something much more important for the future of United than any transfer, with still no end in sight, I'm surprised it's not been worse

Considering this has been a 6 month slog of a saga about something much more important for the future of United than any transfer, with still no end in sight, I'm surprised it's not been worse

Sometimes you just have to wait and see. This discussion is pointless. All based on the whiff of spin.

Talk of the Devils said Ineos are confident. And they said that they expect movement in the next couple of weeks

Just listened and Mitten basically says nobody knows but he 'thinks' INEOS are very confident and that he 'thinks' there will be movement in the next few weeks. It's all a guessing game still.

Every bidder is going to brief that they're confident. Meaningless.

I am not saying that Delaney is in Abu Dhabi's pockets. However I find it awkward that a holier then you journalist would work for a company who is owned by such people.
TBF, You strongly implied that he is bought, and continued to argue the point, even if you didn't outright say it.

While your second sentence that I quoted is fair, it is hardly an indictment. People need jobs and can't always just quit on moral grounds over the ownership. Does that mean they can't criticize them?

I'm no Delaney fan, and don't like defending him, I just took issue with your implications that he is being paid to be against the Qatari considering he calls out City and Newcastle.

"Speaking to the Liverpool Echo in 2015, former Liverpool chief executive and current EFL chairman, Rick Parry, revealed he shook hands on a deal to sell the Reds to DIC. He claims that it took 18 months for DIC to present a deal that Moores accepted"
And even then, DIC ended up pulling out

TBF, You strongly implied that he is bought, and continued to argue the point, even if you didn't outright say it.

While your second sentence that I quoted is fair, it is hardly an indictment. People need jobs and can't always just quit on moral grounds over the ownership. Does that mean they can't criticize them?

I'm no Delaney fan, and don't like defending him, I just took issue with your implications that he is being paid to be against the Qatari considering he calls out City and Newcastle.

I am implying nothing really however I do find it hypocritical and strange that someone who take money from oligarchs and Sheikhs would go so tough on a Qatari bid. It's also strange how his organisation allow him to do that as well. I am sure that Delaney can easily find another job if he wanted to just as I am pretty confident that they could replace him at a moment notice if he steps on the owners/owner mates toes. So it's not that outrageous to believe that everyone is quite happy with their arrangement.

Really wish this sale would go through like now.

Might take away from the depressing fact that Liverpool are gonna pip us to top 4.

Maybe the real big day was the friends we made on the way.

To be fair, the Athletic lads haven't been anywhere near the front of the queue when it comes to exclusive news on the takeover.
Yep. The United athletic lot have been utterly shite on information. Only David Ornstein from Athletic gave well timed and meaningful updates.

I reckon when exclusivity breaks it would come from Ornstein. Not Mitten or Whitwell. 90% of what they say is pure conjecture.

Mitten is genuinely one of the worst Utd 'journalists'.

He does get interviews and that but he doesn't ask the right questions and can't interpret information accurately. His judgement is poor and he's a painful listen. One of the rare poor hires made by The Athletic. I would definitely dismiss anything he says about the Utd sale process.

It's rare that I disagree 100% with a post, but you have managed to do so here.

Andy is by some distance one of the most reliable, connected and sensible United journalists out there.

I'd go so far as to say there are few who can be trusted for United news more than him, especially because he refuses to engage in pure speculation.

Each to their own though I guess.

Transcript from twitter of that video

We are confident that our bid will be accepted. We have held meetings with the Glazers and we believe this will be resolved in due course.

When we take over we believe that everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves. That goes for the players, the manager and the staff

We're not here to spend money but to extract the maximum we can from the club.

Wait do/did people actually think hes not a real person? Or is this some running joke?

Early on, nobody knew who he was and he was often mistaken for other people. Someone also whipped up a wiki page that seemed sketchy at best.

Then there was that time when his dad was asked about his and responded by saying "who"

Turned out he was just doing an impression of an owl though.

Any more rumours about Elon being back in for us?

Please save us from self destruction, Elon.

Can we get the redcafe Twitter to tweet at him? It's important, for the future of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.