Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where the feck is all the sources close to Raine group now?
Transparent, manipulating bull shit is all that is. Can’t wait until Keegan breaks news, Times follows up and the Telegraph minutes later as per usual.

I think you could bet on today not benig the day and not be in much danger of losing your money.

This will not be done by the end of the month. The Glazers will prefer to wait now and see if we get CL football in the hope it will push up what they can get for the club. Quite a gamble given United are currently on course to piss top 4 away

I think you could bet on today not benig the day and not be in much danger of losing your money.

This will not be done by the end of the month. The Glazers will prefer to wait now and see if we get CL football in the hope it will push up what they can get for the club. Quite a gamble given United are currently on course to piss top 4 away
I bet all of my money on this being the day. Why didn't you tell me this yesterday? Then I would have bet all my money on this not being the day.

"Speaking to the Liverpool Echo in 2015, former Liverpool chief executive and current EFL chairman, Rick Parry, revealed he shook hands on a deal to sell the Reds to DIC. He claims that it took 18 months for DIC to present a deal that Moores accepted"

Source: Liverpool Echo

I guess this kind of deals take time. This is just one example. Remember reading the book written by Simon Jordan, it even took a hell of a long time to buy a small club like Crystal Palace.

I guess this could drag on over the summer...

I think some people are wrongly thinking that the Chelsea deal was a normal length of time. It wasn't, Chelsea are the exception not the norm.

I'll be very surprised if a full takeover is completed before the start of next season now.

Stalling just makes the Glazers look extremely incompetent, maybe they’re incapable of making important decisions even with a room full of advisers?
No doubt amongst the bickering the truth lies somewhere in between, sibling rivalry etc, no doubt Joel and Avram will be basking in the media circus like the spoilt rich brats they really are. Hopefully they’ll get bored and give in soon.
I imagine them in a boardroom, surrounded by Raine advisors, while the advisors pitch the offers to them in great detail, highlighting what they believe to be a great offer bid, and as a group they strongly recommend accepting this offer.

Avram and Joel sit calmly listening the whole time.
Avram calmly responds - No.... More.

They both get up and leave.

Ineos also offered an option for the Glazers' full 69%. And where do you get that the 51% worries him?

Man united have lost over £200m in the last 2 years of trading, both years with huge annual turnovers. That’s a concern for any incoming CEO/Owner.

You would not spend £2.6/2.7bn on gaining controlling shares without doing due diligence, SJR does not have an instant financial fix, he’s not paying £2.7bn then paying off the debt of £665m through Ineos to lose money. He’s already made it clear in the media that he won’t go any higher with his bid after the third entry.

The Ineos Board would expect the club to be self sufficient as soon as possible and probably would want the debt absorbed into the parent company paid back. The benefits of their ownership would be no more dividends and no £40m of annual interest payments to service the club debt, crippling our clubs finances but an agreement to repay the capital borrowed from Ineos to clear the debt.

SJR is 70 and he probably has a 10 year plan to turn united around both on the pitch and off the pitch, but it won’t be a quick fix, the club is in such a state financially, Of course it would worry him, yes if he takes over he’ll throw £200m this summer in amortised transfers at the club and try and make them better next season, the problem is three fold ;

1. Stabilise the financial turnover and expenditure to make it sustainable within the new 90% rule this season declining to 70% by 25/26 season. The club would need to level out at £650m with new sponsors and control the wage bill at max of £325m going forward. He then has the added financial concerns of Building or redeveloping a new stadium, How, When and the cost and how would he finance, probably more debt ?

2. To employ an Elite DOF, that has the experience and expertise to oversee this 10 year plan, where top targets like Caciedo are not just identified but purchased for £4-5m and maybe sent to parent club Nice First. We know he favours Paul Mitchell whose young but is he truly best in class and can he create a conveyor of elite young talent to support the manager, can he identify the next superstar before the price rockets?

3. Improve the football team on the pitch, support the manager, maybe change him; that’s a worry right there, a top united side doesn’t lose 8 or 9 games away from home from 19 played and it certainly doesn’t bottle top 4 when it only needs 13 points from last 8 games.

As you can see there is an awful lot for a 70 year old billionaire to worry about and I haven’t even mentioned the feeeback from the fans should he take control with Avram and Joel staying in some capacity !

Last edited:
This isn't happening for a while yet. I doubt we will see an announcement before the summer transfer window kicks in.

People need to reign in their expectations on this and try not to get wound up. If you don't expect anything, it's easier to keep a level head.

Wouldn't surprise me if this saga isn't done until the new year.

Stalling just makes the Glazers look extremely incompetent, maybe they’re incapable of making important decisions even with a room full of advisers?
No doubt amongst the bickering the truth lies somewhere in between, sibling rivalry etc, no doubt Joel and Avram will be basking in the media circus like the spoilt rich brats they really are. Hopefully they’ll get bored and give in soon.

they don’t give one flying feck about how they look. Incompetent or not.

The weirdest thing I've seen on this forum during this whole shameful affair is that I can remember the days of "Please Sir Jim, save us!" and am astonished to see how the opinions have swung to "Stay away Jim, we hate you"

I personally am no great fan of either bid, and definitely no fan of the Glazers either. If you held a gun to my head though I would side with INEOS as long as they get control of the club's decision making and are putting all current and future debt on INEOS and not United.

I bet all of my money on this being the day. Why didn't you tell me this yesterday? Then I would have bet all my money on this not being the day.
He used ‘not’ twice so that’s a double negative. Therefore it is a statement of positive affirmation.
He was in fact telling us all to bet all our money on today being the day, today.
Thanks for the tip @GaryLifo :D

I imagine them in a boardroom, surrounded by Raine advisors, while the advisors pitch the offers to them in great detail, highlighting what they believe to be a great offer bid, and as a group they strongly recommend accepting this offer.

Avram and Joel sit calmly listening the whole time.
Avram calmly responds - No.... More.

They both get up and leave.
Yeah they’ll just be playing candy crush on their phones or something, while the board is trying to discuss the negotiations.

Been 10 days now since the last deadline was set...BIG DAY TODAY :p
Keep saying it my friend. Hazard a guess the Glazers have changed their collective mind(s) without letting on and now just want to keep kicking the can to delay until all the offers are withdrawn.
None of the family seemingly possess the intelligence or rationale to deal with business transactions of this magnitude, remember it was daddy Glazer who bought it for them.

What does Kieran Maguire have to do with any of this?
I don’t see any different between the two? Maguire literally makes stuff up to fit an article months ago that’s still regarded as ffp fact on here.
All these sports fiancé sources are as reliable as each other.
just pointing it out

Last edited:
Good source.
A lot of journalists are backtracking from SJR last week, the reality is no one knows but they assume because it’s taking so long that Qatar have been in direct talks with the Glazers, we might have a situation that they pick a preferred bidder, either SJR or SJ and they want another £200m to sign the deal, if this is the scenario, their more likely to get that from Qatar and therefore they may actually be under pressure from both bids to speed up their decision in naming a preferred bidder.
Top 4 and CL football is in the balance and both parties probably want it to be known that they are the preferred bidder.

If this was Qatar, it would probably start to scare some of the players and the coach, knowing that our last decade of sheer incompetence is about to come to an end and the new owners are so wealthy they could literally put you in the reserves until your contract ends or worse sell you to Sporting Braga in Portugal after paying up your contract just to jettison you from the Club, to be fair, Martial would probably like that!

A lot of journalists are backtracking from SJR last week, the reality is no one knows but they assume because it’s taking so long that Qatar have been in direct talks with the Glazers, we might have a situation that they pick a preferred bidder, either SJR or SJ and they want another £200m to sign the deal, if this is the scenario, their more likely to get that from Qatar and therefore they may actually be under pressure from both bids to speed up their decision in naming a preferred bidder.
Top 4 and CL football is in the balance and both parties probably want it to be known that they are the preferred bidder.

If this was Qatar, it would probably start to scare some of the players and the coach, knowing that our last decade of sheer incompetence is about to come to an end and the new owners are so wealthy they could literally put you in the reserves until your contract ends or worse sell you to Sporting Braga in Portugal after paying up your contract just to jettison you from the Club, to be fair, Martial would probably like that!
:lol:

You'll fit in right with them based on your posts here tbh. Lots of fiction, huge leaps of assumptions written as facts and speaking as if you've just had a converstation with the people you're writing about (with a bit of mind reading thrown in as well).

I don’t see any different between the two? Maguire literally makes stuff up to fit an article months ago that’s still regarded as ffp fact on here.
All these sports fiancé sources are as reliable as each other.
just pointing it out
He really didn't.

He really didn't.
If I remember correctly he said United have a meeting with UEFA but nobody knows why but let’s say it’s for FFP..
if it was someone else then i apologise to him but I’m pretty sure it was Maguire

Irrespective were it goes, sports journalism will come out the worst out of this takeover. Their reputation is in ruins after so much backtracking and stating the obvious. Maybe we should listen to historians from now on raymther then journalists. My favourite is nurse

Never believed that rumour, but good to know

United should be bought as a Champions League club regardless, as that's where they should be every year with competent owners

On the other hand the Glazers can't really argue about leaving a good side behind with solid foundations if we still end up in the Europa league

If I remember correctly he said United have a meeting with UEFA but nobody knows why but let’s say it’s for FFP..
if it was someone else then i apologise to him but I’m pretty sure it was Maguire
Its ironic because now you're making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.