Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @LawCharltonBest and what a name!, also @DOTA who i reckon is a solo mid laner :cool:

My reading here and brief news googling ended in confusion when read about exactly such 'minority bid'.
Is that a clever (as in solution oriented clever) instrument, aligned with best interests from the club, or did I get it right that it's more of a clever (as in squeezing the lemon clever) seller's strategy? Is that known?
Sheesh, is Google translate broken?

:lol: It definitely contributes to a thread already full of gibberish
I went on to edit said post, mind letting me know your take in return? Although, reading up a bit sort of answers it, it's perceived to be a fallback strategy at best, or the default strategy to pressure the bidders into overpaying, if I got that right.

Yeah can't see how it's possible because Jassim is only meant to be worth around £1bn
He is not buying the club with his own money. He is buying it either through Al-Mirqab capital (his father's company) or via QIB (he is the chairman of QIB) or by both. He did not go all the way to round three without proof of funds.

Last edited:
Thank you @LawCharltonBest and what a name!, also @DOTA who i reckon is a solo mid laner :cool:

My reading here, and my brief news googling, ended in confusion when I read about exactly such 'minority bids'.
Is that a clever (as in solution oriented clever) instrument, aligned with the club's best interests, or did I get it right that it's more of a clever (as in squeezing the lemon clever) seller's strategy? Is that known?
It's hard to tell whether it was always for show but certainly most of us are expecting a majority sale at this point.

I went on to edit said post, mind letting me know your take in return? Although, reading up a bit sort of answers it, it's perceived to be a fallback strategy at best, or the default strategy to pressure the bidders into overpaying, if I got that right.
Well, I don't know what you mean with "lemon clever", but it sounds like something one finds in a kitchen.

Still, I'm sure your assumption is right. Especially about @DOTA being a solo mid laner. I've always had my suspicions.

Well, I don't know what you mean with "lemon clever", but it sounds like something one finds in a kitchen.

Still, I'm sure your assumption is right. Especially about @DOTA being a solo mid laner. I've always had my suspicions.
I am assuming this is something about computer games but I know very little of them...

Watch them get this deal done quickly now top 4 is under major threat.

Bidders can easily pull out or delay afterall. Paying 5.5bn for us should we finish 5th wouldn't be terribly wise. That's a hell of a lot of money the club would be missing out on with no CL footy. £100m a year is what it's estimated to be worth.

Bidders can easily pull out or delay afterall. Paying 5.5bn for us should we finish 5th wouldn't be terribly wise. That's a hell of a lot of money the club would be missing out on with no CL footy. £100m a year is what it's estimated to be worth.

Tbf you don’t invest 5.5bn based on short term gain. I agree that everyone involved obviously want us to reach CL though.

Not this old chestnut again. If they really cared that much about not getting embarrassed, they wouldn't have let this thing get to round 3 against a geriatric and rely on weak PR with the Mail. It's already embarrassing. Glazers gave a number that they refused to match.
And still we know nothing, the British media know very little, they are guessing, it’s not embarrassing when your dealing with the Glazers, no one is matching the Glazers numbers, it makes no sense whatsoever given their disastrous ownership of the club in the last 10-11 years, last 11 seasons, 7 CL and 4 Europa league, it’s not even a top 4 side, the average position is 5th during the last 10 years and average points barely 70 with average goals scored 63 in those 11 seasons including our last PL win in 2012/13, why on earth would anyone pay £6bn for that, when you have to spend £1bn to just to trade in the black and another £1.5/2bn to build a fit for purpose stadium. The club lost £115m last year and £100m the season before when they came second!

Tell me why SJR, is not paying anything more than £2.6-2.7bn because he only wants 51% control, and even that worries him given the huge debt of the club!

I don't think so. People have had it in their heads that the Glazers would respond to the final bids in 7-10 days. It's been 10 days.

Yeah, there must be some serious negotiations happening behind the scenes to justify all the delays.

This week is what I was not looking forward to...

On a path to bottle top four, disgusting performance, first one-week break in ages and on top of that radio silence from the Rat 1 and Rat 2.

Already somewhat resigned to having a shitshow summer in the best case.

On a path to bottle top four, disgusting performance, first one-week break in ages and on top of that radio silence from the Rat 1 and Rat 2.

Yep pretty much sums up how a lot of us feel right now, with practically every result in the EPL being a huge disappointment. This is a week I’d personally like to forget.

Yeah a proper shite start to the week

Tell me why SJR, is not paying anything more than £2.6-2.7bn because he only wants 51% control, and even that worries him given the huge debt of the club!
Ineos also offered an option for the Glazers' full 69%. And where do you get that the 51% worries him?

True to form, the Glazers sell like they have managed us - in utter chaos while they make the money.

It's actually incredible the contempt with which they've treated the club and fans. They are so lucky United is one of the few big clubs without a group of "Ultras"

Ineos also offered an option for the Glazers' full 69%. And where do you get that the 51% worries him?
From imaginationland obviously. I'm sure I've seen that poster say that first part previously and being corrected, and so many others here. And it still keeps being repeated.

Champions league is worth 96 million to the winner. Madrid got 17 for reach the round of number 16 I think...(source - my gut)

Yeah, there must be some serious negotiations happening behind the scenes to justify all the delays.

It's possible. Or they are delaying it until there are no more games to play, because the decision won't go down well with the fans. Elliot

Quite unusual the long delay in this. In M&A transactions the seller is usually also bound by deadlines. 10 days since the last bid which was already the third round should have been enough time for them to get their heads sorted and at least decide on an exclusive partner for further negotiations. That is of course, if they really intend to sell but it seems they still aren't sure what they actually want which is a bit unprofessional.

Stalling just makes the Glazers look extremely incompetent, maybe they’re incapable of making important decisions even with a room full of advisers?
No doubt amongst the bickering the truth lies somewhere in between, sibling rivalry etc, no doubt Joel and Avram will be basking in the media circus like the spoilt rich brats they really are. Hopefully they’ll get bored and give in soon.

"Speaking to the Liverpool Echo in 2015, former Liverpool chief executive and current EFL chairman, Rick Parry, revealed he shook hands on a deal to sell the Reds to DIC. He claims that it took 18 months for DIC to present a deal that Moores accepted"

Source: Liverpool Echo

I guess this kind of deals take time. This is just one example. Remember reading the book written by Simon Jordan, it even took a hell of a long time to buy a small club like Crystal Palace.

I guess this could drag on over the summer...

Status
Not open for further replies.