Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else finding this really tedious now? The glazers give 0 fecks about the club and the fact we should be planning our summer activity. Ten hag himself has said there is no movement and he has no idea what his budget will look like. The window opens next month. It’s ridiculous for a club of this size. It’s boring and even the biggest united fans are losing interest. Bore off and sell the fecking club.

Most concerning thing about that article for me is the suggestion that they’ll make a decision “some time in May” which suggests it’ll probably be weeks rather than days before we learn anything new

Such a drag
What do you expect, they have widely reportedly kept bids for a minor stake open ended with no deadline. Either SJR or Jassim meet their valuation, or tempt them with a good enough deal, or there is no deal.

Who guarantee that we"ll be successful in 3 years or in general for him to pay the Glazers their premium money and get them out of the club ?

So who do people believe is in poll position to complete the acquisition?

I feel the roles have reversed between Ratcliffe and Jassim. Prior and after the second bid the press outlets seemed to concentrate on Jassim. However, after the third bid, it seems Ratcliffe and Ineos are the focus of media attention.

I think Ratcliffe's flexibility with his offers has given him the advantage and certainly given the Glazer's something to ponder if it is going to be a majority/ full sale. Nevertheless, could the deafening silence around Qatar symbolise something?

Oh look, another classic Berbaclass deflection. Possibly the only thing more inane than the Twitter crap you share here. You never answer a straight question with a straight answer. It’s pointless debating with you, but one more try.
He is your preferred choice of next United owner. This is your opinion, which obviously you are entitled to and which I respect, but you stated you base your opinions on what people have done and not what they say they will do in the future. So what has Jassim done?
Stop lapping it up and giving them attention and they'll stop.

I put them on ignore a long, long time ago. Do the same and you'll have a much more reasoned debate about this.
So just turn the thread into an echo chamber of people agreeing with one another and slapping each other on the back. Great advice.

Isn’t that the consensus? Preparing myself for that to be honest.
It was consensus that he was heavy favourite but I think the lack of further leaks to that effect have people thinking it's not that unlikely that we have twists yet to come.

I feel the roles have reversed between Ratcliffe and Jassim. Prior and after the second bid the press outlets seemed to concentrate on Jassim. However, after the third bid, it seems Ratcliffe and Ineos are the focus of media attention.

I think Ratcliffe's flexibility with his offers has given him the advantage and certainly given the Glazer's something to ponder if it is going to be a majority/ full sale. Nevertheless, could the deafening silence around Qatar symbolise something?

Based on the available info to the public, nothing's been decided yet, but there may have been developments behind the scenes.

I think people mostly just underestimated Ineos and are now surprised that Qatar has serious competition.

Is anyone else finding this really tedious now? The glazers give 0 fecks about the club and the fact we should be planning our summer activity. Ten hag himself has said there is no movement and he has no idea what his budget will look like. The window opens next month. It’s ridiculous for a club of this size. It’s boring and even the biggest united fans are losing interest. Bore off and sell the fecking club.
Yep, the way it’s going we'll miss out on all the decent players and be left scrabbling for whoever is still available, at inflated prices, later in the window, with new additions given no time to gel with the team.

I think people mostly just underestimated Ineos and are now surprised that Qatar has serious competition.
I think some thought/assumed/still think that Qatar would just outbid all comers and it was a foregone conclusion. They don’t seem inclined/able to do that and we are starting to see questions being asked about how serious they really are.

I think doubt as to whether the club would actually be sold has largely disappeared now. Think most of us are of the view that the INEOS bid gets accepted if not bettered.

I think some thought/assumed/still think that Qatar would just outbid all comers and it was a foregone conclusion. They don’t seem inclined/able to do that and we are starting to see questions being asked about how serious they really are.

If it really is a state bid from Qatar (I think it is), then they can easily outbid Ineos, but might not want to be taken to the cleaners with regards to their future investments.

If it's somehow not a state bid, then I'd heavily favor Ineos over a guy that's probably using his dad's money that's allegedly not a football fan and doesn't want to go way over something's value.

I think doubt as to whether the club would actually be sold has largely disappeared now. Think most of us are of the view that the INEOS bid gets accepted if not bettered.

Not selling the club and/or just opting for a minority investment from Elliott / Carlyle / someone else would now just be an outright stupid decision for the Glazers, with Ratcliffe's 50.1+ offer on a table...unless I'm not seeing something.

Not selling the club and/or just opting for a minority investment from Elliott / Carlyle / someone else would now just be an outright stupid decision for the Glazers, with Ratcliffe's 50.1+ offer on a table...unless I'm not seeing something.

Some people appear to think that an investment fund is going to come in, having done DD on the Glazers., and just continue to give them rein, with all the promises of SJR bid as presented but with none of the downsides (if you think taking responsibility away from the Glazers is any kind of 'down side' in terms of their financial interests re. the club) and that only the investment group will be expected to actually 'invest' as part of this new partnership...

I think it depends if they are genuinely interested in running the club at this point or if it’s literally just about maximising profit.
If they just want capital to grow the club then the minority investment may still appeal. If they sell control to INEOS then they likely have no input and that may unnerve them enough to just accept a full sale option, which honestly at this point could be to either bidder.

I think both would spend similar amounts on players

That might be true for the first few windows, however how would INEOS will be able to justify the huge transfer spending every season? With at least another billion needed on infrastructure I just don’t see it. Another point that a lot of people seems to miss is outgoings, INEOS while they want us to run efficiently how would they be able to off load players like Martial with 3 years left on his deal and £250k pw?

We can only go off the info from reliable sources and all signs now point to Ratcliffe. Mike Keegan who has been a Qatari mouthpiece has even changed his tune. That was a clear sign to me that Qatar have fallen back and Ineos are in pole position.

Also, it does seem to me that some posters in this thread that were absolutely convinced that Qatar were going to win and wouldn't hear anything else are in denial. Anyway, hopefully all this is over soon.

I think people mostly just underestimated Ineos
I don’t think that’s the case, people don’t trust INEOS because of what they did at Nice, with Qatar and PSG there’s clear evidence for us to see.

It's like comparing apples and oranges though.

I find it hard to judge him on the Swiss club because it's so small and I doubt it was given massive attention in all honesty. He only bought Nice in 2019, so he hasn't had much time to transform what was a midtable club with relatively low revenue streams (which restricts investment levels due to FFP). Not sure really sure what people expected him to do with Nice within 4 years - he certainly hasn't been a failure there by all accounts. But again, running Utd is a different ballgame. I'm satisfied Ratcliffe understands the difference and what needs to be done having listened to a fairly recent in depth interview - he definitely has a good knowledge of European football. I doubt Jassim knows which 4 teams are in the QFs of the Champions League - we've no real evidence that he has any interest in the sport at all, which surely has to be a far bigger concern than any red flags you think Ratcliffe has.
4 years yet Nice are no further forward. Compare that to City after 4 years or even Newcastle after one year. He hasnt the funds to compete in France and I have no faith he can compete with the big boys here. I can imagine the Qataris will buy another Prem club if they dont get Utd and we will fall further behind. The fact that there will still be debt under Ratcliffe and the ground and facilities all need upgrading, as well as transfers, means we will be hardly any different under him. If he keeps 2 parasites on as well, well that will be the icing on the cake.

I don’t think that’s the case, people don’t trust INEOS because of what they did at Nice, with Qatar and PSG there’s clear evidence for us to see.
The evidence that they make up a third of the league’s total wage bill and failed to win the title thrice in the decade since the takeover? Not exactly awe-inspiring.

Also got humiliated pretty regularly in Europe, losing to even Ole’s United, made one final and promptly lost it to a fan owned, non-oil football club. Now their fans are protesting the management hierarchy.

The evidence that they make up a third of the league’s total wage bill and failed to win the title thrice in the decade since the takeover? Not exactly awe-inspiring.

Also got humiliated pretty regularly in Europe, losing to even Ole’s United, made one final and promptly lost it to a fan owned, non-oil football club. Now their fans are protesting the management hierarchy.
add to that, merry-go-round of managers, constant problems between managers and sporting directors, worst case of player power. Sure, you can consistenly winin France even with those problems but I'm certain even City with half of those problems won't half the PL's they have. So yeah, clear evidence of great ownership.

The sky article says expected to be a preferred bidder this month. So from a few days, to a week to this month. To say this process is now taking the piss and making a complete mockery of the club, its staff and fanbase would be an understatement. Make a decision you cretinous cnuts.

Yeah feels like it has already messed up Erik's plans for the summer transfer window

When the Glazers announced in November that Manchester United could be for sale, I was happy and excited. Now, almost 6 months after that day, I'm tired of the rumors and how long it's been going on. The process drags on, time passes, and we still don't know who will be the new owner of the club. We don't know if there will be a new owner at all or just a new investor. Let this process of selling the club end as soon as possible, otherwise even the summer transfer window will be lost for us.

Unfortunately it might already be lost

Status
Not open for further replies.