Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't think of anything worse.

This needs to be a complete sale with complete control or all they are doing is changing one sh*t scenario for another.

And nothing changing in between.

Another pro Glazer fan. Weird.

Your answer tells me everything.
Okay. I'll engage.

Out of the two prospective owners, Ratcliffe is the only one who currently owns a team or multiple teams. Thus there is factual and real evidence to be able to judge him as an owner. Him leaving that Nice game (defined by the supporter as generation-defining) is not a great look for him, especially if it's just because he's got a bullshit reason like traffic. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are completely incapable of having a rational, balanced discussion where anything you perceive to be negative is said against Ratcliffe.

What can be said for Jassim as an owner? He doesn't own a club so what exactly is there to say? Quite a weird response actually that you'd immediately jump to that.

Let me get this straight, people are getting worked up over Ratcliffe leaving a Nice game early?

Our own fans have left games early, our current owners barely turn up and we've even had a player or two get away early to catch the bus...

Not to mention the other guy didn't even turn up at the club he's apparently trying to buy, though I guess that means he didn't leave early, which of course is the single biggest issue in this entire takeover :rolleyes:

Let me get this straight, people are getting worked up over Ratcliffe leaving a Nice game early?

Our own fans have left games early, our current owners barely turn up and we've even had a player or two get away early to catch the bus...

Not to mention the other guy didn't even turn up at the club he's apparently trying to buy, though I guess that means he didn't leave early, which of course is the single biggest issue in this entire takeover :rolleyes:
Making things up now are you because literally nobody said that :wenger:

Making things up now are you because literally nobody said that :wenger:

Don't try and play it down. This is serious. Nobody, and I mean nobody leaves early in France.

Well, except PSG when it comes to Europe.

If Jassim was the highest bidder then we'd know about it now, because he wanted a simple 100% takeover. The fact there's been feck all to even hint he's getting the club, and apparently never even heard back from anybody, says it all.

Think you can put a fork in Jassim, he's done out here. He'll be rocking up with a bid for Liverpool within a month, telling them all how he's a lifelong supporter.
I thought you people said SJR had won?

Reality is really catching up with you.

So the British mainstream media, who are no doubt working tirelessly to get the scoop on this, have no idea what's actually going on and are completely guessing but you've figured it out have you?
The British media know nothing about what is really happening. They are all doing a guess work. Most of them are also championing propaganda for SJR.

The only thing we know about Jassim in Europe is that he was a board member of a major bank that has since gone bust.

I don't think there's an argument to be had that Ratcliffe can be trusted more to make better decisions based on the info that's available. We can see what he's done and how he's done it, we can hear him lay out his vision in interviews etc. We can't judge Jassim because he's inherently shady by comparison.

There's significant doubt as to the extent of involvement from Jassim because there's every chance he's just a front for the Qatari state and has little/no interest in the strategic grind of running an elite football club. We don't know much about how he would operate.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's mind boggling how anyone would prefer him over Ratcliffe.

Ratcliffe keeping the Glazers around as shareholders was the trump card. Whilst they’ve clearly never taken pride in how they run the club, I’ve always suspected they wouldn’t want Jassim to come in and effectively do a City, either. It would only further highlight how truly awful they have been as owners.
Talking as if Ratchcliffe has won the bid?

The only thing we know about Jassim in Europe is that he was a board member of a major bank that has since gone bust.

I don't think there's an argument to be had that Ratcliffe can be trusted more to make better decisions based on the info that's available. We can see what he's done and how he's done it, we can hear him lay out his vision in interviews etc. We can't judge Jassim because he's inherently shady by comparison.

There's significant doubt as to the extent of involvement from Jassim because there's every chance he's just a front for the Qatari state and has little/no interest in the strategic grind of running an elite football club. We don't know much about how he would operate.

The more I think about it, the more I think it's mind boggling how anyone would prefer him over Ratcliffe.
They want Qatari cash. A bottomless pit of cash.

Yeah but you thought we were certs for minority investment and made that clear time and time again for months.

They want Qatari cash. A bottomless pit of cash.

Yeah but they don't appear to realise that you can only spend so much because of FFP. Ratcliffe would want to win and would bring us up to the line on FFP, as would Qatar ownership. I think both would spend similar amounts on players when all is said and done. So the real question people should be asking themselves is who they trust to spend it better.

Yeah but you thought we were certs for minority investment and made that clear time and time again for months.

I said all along that I thought Joel and Avram were highly likely to stay and I still think that's the case, even if they end up as the minority investors.

Dont trust Ratcliffe to take us back to the best team in England either. His 2 other clubs dont bode well his ownership. Before anyone says he will treat Utd differently, what proof is there he will?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...b-manchester-united-bid-has-full-buyout-clau/

Confirmed by Ducker and co now too - 2 offers,

1 - Complete ownership of all Glazer shares, meaning they are gone from the get go
2 - Controlling stake of the shares and then buy out the rest of the shares from the Glazers within a 3 year period at a more premium price
Err are we missing something here or does it seem like a pretty obvious choice for the glazers? Unless Qatar over pays right now.

If their exit is forced and not optional (by them) then that's a fair compromise. I just want those cnuts out of the club

Wow if a billionaire finds it hard to get to Manchester what hope the rest of us plebs :wenger:
It's obviously no problem for the 76,000 Londoners travelling to every United home game!

Okay. I'll engage.

Out of the two prospective owners, Ratcliffe is the only one who currently owns a team or multiple teams. Thus there is factual and real evidence to be able to judge him as an owner. Him leaving that Nice game (defined by the supporter as generation-defining) is not a great look for him, especially if it's just because he's got a bullshit reason like traffic. Nothing more, nothing less.

You are completely incapable of having a rational, balanced discussion where anything you perceive to be negative is said against Ratcliffe.

What can be said for Jassim as an owner? He doesn't own a club so what exactly is there to say? Quite a weird response actually that you'd immediately jump to that.
There that wasn’t so hard was it?

I don’t think it’s necessary for an owner to be at the games. It’s nice when they are but it’s not vital. So the fact that he left early to ‘beat the traffic’ isn’t that big a deal.

Hundreds, if not thousands of fans leave OT early every week for exactly the same reason - does that make them lesser fans? Of course not. Just for the record I stay to the bitter end at every game I’ve ever been to, Utd or otherwise. I’m not a fan of leaving early but I don’t think it is a defining aspect of his bid or him as an owner. That’s all.

Now, I refute your allegation that I am not rational or balanced in debate. On the contrary I’m trying to bring the balance because so many are twerking for Qatar. Your final paragraph is a case in point.

You assert that you cannot hold an opinion of Jassim in the context of club ownership because he has never owned one. It is implied that nothing bad can be said in comparison to Ratcliffe because you don’t know how he would run the club. He is above criticism until we see how he performs. For me those facts are a worry. A club the size of Man Utd are not a team to cut your teeth on - lord knows Woodward and the Glazers have proven that over the last 17 years. But his absolute absence of experience is a reason to believe he is the greatest owner the club could have simply on the basis he’s never been a bad owner? Doesn’t add up for me.

So far Jim has been a chancer, a bluffer, a Tory, a brexiteer, a rat, a Glazer, amongst others and it’s all a bit sad and unnecessary. Especially the personal stuff when it’s INEOS bidding, it’s INEOS who own Nice and it’s unlikely SJR has been directly involved with decision making other than possibly hiring his brother at Nice. The club has a hierarchy and staffing structure who will run it day to day. Yet everything is pinned on him.

I don’t think it’s necessary for an owner to be at the games. It’s nice when they are but it’s not vital. So the fact that he left early to ‘beat the traffic’ isn’t that big a deal.
Honestly, my ideal owner wouldn't attend games. Don't like seeing their dumb rich cnut faces.

Dont trust Ratcliffe to take us back to the best team in England either. His 2 other clubs dont bode well his ownership. Before anyone says he will treat Utd differently, what proof is there he will?

It's like comparing apples and oranges though.

I find it hard to judge him on the Swiss club because it's so small and I doubt it was given massive attention in all honesty. He only bought Nice in 2019, so he hasn't had much time to transform what was a midtable club with relatively low revenue streams (which restricts investment levels due to FFP). Not sure really sure what people expected him to do with Nice within 4 years - he certainly hasn't been a failure there by all accounts. But again, running Utd is a different ballgame. I'm satisfied Ratcliffe understands the difference and what needs to be done having listened to a fairly recent in depth interview - he definitely has a good knowledge of European football. I doubt Jassim knows which 4 teams are in the QFs of the Champions League - we've no real evidence that he has any interest in the sport at all, which surely has to be a far bigger concern than any red flags you think Ratcliffe has.

Can he not afford a chopper?
You’d think so, but maybe he’s working. Maybe he doesn’t think a chopper is value for money. Maybe he’s conscious of the environmental impact?
Maybe he has a phobia of flight or similar - you wouldn’t get me in a chopper (scary assed contraptions)

Any number of reason that money won’t necessarily solve to make a trip to the local team more attractive than a 600 mile round trip.

You’d think so, but maybe he’s working. Maybe he doesn’t think a chopper is value for money. Maybe he’s conscious of the environmental impact?
Maybe he has a phobia of flight or similar - you wouldn’t get me in a chopper (scary assed contraptions)

Any number of reason that money won’t necessarily solve to make a trip to the local team more attractive than a 600 mile round trip.
You're reaching as far down as the Mariana trench

[

Maybe he's not a United fan. Just a thought. Why does it even matter? He's representing the Failsworth Massive, isn't that enough?

Can he not afford a chopper?
Turns out he can actually. And 5 private jets. And 2 yachts. I bet Jassim doesn’t have 2 :smirk:
He owns 5 private jets. Which are all registered to his company Ineos. He owns a Gulfstream G650 private jet (M-OVIE), a Gulfstream G550 (M-USIC) and two Gulfstream G280s (M-ISTY & M-INTY). And he owns a Dassault Falcon 2000EX (M-CHEM).

He also owns an Agusta Westland AW139 helicopter. The helicopter has registration M-AJOR. More UK business jet owners here.

His Ineos Aviation company employs 30 (!) pilots and flight crew. They only work for Ratcliffe and Ineos staff. According to the company’s annual account, there are no services to third parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.