Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see a scenario where Jim snuffs it in a few years before he has a chance to get them out fully and then the Glazers buy back their stake at a cheaper rate (see: the actual market valuation of the stake compared to what SJR will be paying). That would be so funny :lol:

INEOS backtracking on the Glazers this smells of PR fixing. This club needs to be sold quick.

I can see a scenario where Jim snuffs it in a few years before he has a chance to get them out fully and then the Glazers buy back their stake at a cheaper rate (see: the actual market valuation of the stake compared to what SJR will be paying). That would be so funny :lol:
Hahaha hilarious

INEOS backtracking on the Glazers this smells of PR fixing. This club needs to be sold quick.
How are they backtracking? This is new information that only emerged yesterday. It is in addition to what was already reported.
They haven’t just changed their offer to please the fans in the last few days:wenger:

At this point they're just seeing what they want to see and it's clearly doesn't align with what's actually happening.

Claiming that Ineos/Ratcliffe can't afford to buy 69% of the club, when they have already tabled an offer of 50.1% with premium price guarantees for the remaining ~19% further down the line. Hilarious.

Think some of our fans would deserve this...

I don't. Glaziers don't have the money. They wouldn't sell otherwise.
And Ineos aren't going to sell them back to Glaziers at a loss.
Some crazy takes in this forum :lol:

Clearly not. :nono:
Try to think objectively about what the words ‘change of control’ mean.

I am thinking objectively. I know what you're saying, but in reality the real world doesn't work like that. If you really want change, regardless of who or what is in control, then you don't leave the very thing you're trying to get rid of with even a remote possibility of influence.

You don't leave an ex-girlfriend mooching about when in a new relationship.
Surgeons don't leave any cancer behind when cutting it out.
Mechanics don't leave old brake pads on a car when changing the brakes.
Businesses don't leave old employees in the office after firing them.
United didn't leave Ronaldo in the dressing room to corrupt new players once he was let go....

Nowhere in life do you leave in the very thing you're trying to get rid off. It needs to be a clean slate, moved on, done.

If the Glazers are still rocking up at Old Trafford, having cosy chats with Ratcliffe now and then, are you seriously telling me they won't whisper in his ear sweet nothings still being shareholders and former owners? You think their egos would allow that? Do you think they would sit there and not say a single thing?

:confused: Because you’re going to believe hot takes from the cafs most biased and knee jerk posters?!
Hopefully they are just bs. On the other hand, IF Ratcliffe really has that solid plan to remove the Glazers surely and COMPLETELY, then I am open to both of the bidders. Just kick the vermin out, please.

Definitely. I find it weird that for all of Sheikh Jassims supposed wealth and childhood love for the club, he can't fork out a better bid than what Ratcliff put.

It doesn't add up for me.

Qatar said from the off they refuse to vastly overpay and are sticking to their guns.

If they are seen to just up and throw money about here then god help us in transfers in the future.

I really worry about Ratcliffe, but some of the videos with him talking about United do ease my concerns somewhat.

I just hope he's not a disaster.

Claiming that Ineos/Ratcliffe can't afford to buy 69% of the club, when they have already tabled an offer of 50.1% with premium price guarantees for the remaining ~19% further down the line. Hilarious.

And a separate offer to buy the full 69%. They've obviously made the second proposal because they know that the Glazers are split, so it solves that issue.

Christ. Most of them want out, there's no chance they'll ever buy back in to the club.

And this isn't the first time I've seen anti-Ineos posters float the idea that it's bad that SJR bus the club because he will die one day. Talk about clutching at straws. Can I create an imaginary scenario where he leaves the club to the fans in his will?

People on Redcafe actually thinking they can extrapolate from what Ratcliffe has done at Nice to make negative predictions as to what he would do at Utd, while twerking for a shady Qatari bid from a guy we don't even know understands what the offside rule is :lol:

This is peak stuff.

How are they backtracking? This is new information that only emerged yesterday. It is in addition to what was already reported.
They haven’t just changed their offer to please the fans in the last few days:wenger:
Now they have released that the Glazers will be removed after 3 years. If that isn't fan pleasing I don't know what is.

Now they have released that the Glazers will be removed after 3 years. If that isn't fan pleasing I don't know what is.
This was always the plan. INEOS wants immediate control and the end game has always been to buyout the Glazer majority. That was floated as an idea before the club was even for sale.

You talk like this is a bad thing…

It's the mindset of a modern day football fan literally everything is a PR Spin. It's tiresome.

And a separate offer to buy the full 69%. They've obviously made the second proposal because they know that the Glazers are split, so it solves that issue.

Yes, the offers are flexible...however, if the 69% offer from Ineos still values United higher than Jassim's bid, then what are we waiting for? I hope the Glazers feck off and won't entertain the idea of a 4th round of bidding.

“They” knows nada and that include media and any bidder and that’s probably the seller’s strategy to create a competitive bidding action. The level of naivety on this place is staggering.
Btw My comment isn’t specifically at you pocco so it will be no misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Qatar said from the off they refuse to vastly overpay and are sticking to their guns.

If they are seen to just up and throw money about here then god help us in transfers in the future.
My point is they are promising mamouth investment into the project, and that Sheikh Jassim is supposedly a big United fan, so if you're neck and neck with a bidder, what's an extra few hundred mil going to be at the possible cost of losing out all together.

Definitely doesn't add up. Unless it's a pile of BS that he's a boyhood United fan and sees this as a generic sporting venture. Then yes, I understand sticking to a ceiling valuation.

Clearly not. :nono:
Try to think objectively about what the words ‘change of control’ mean.
Are you just gonna patrol this thread and engage every post that questions Jim’s bid until a takeover happens or what?
This post isn’t intended to be as aggressive as it reads by the way.

My point is they are promising mamouth investment into the project, and that Sheikh Jassim is supposedly a big United fan, so if you're neck and neck with a bidder, what's an extra few hundred mil going to be at the possible cost of losing out all together.

Definitely doesn't add up. Unless it's a pile of BS that he's a boyhood United fan and sees this as a generic sporting venture. Then yes, I understand sticking to a ceiling valuation.
To be fair they may have been told this bid is good enough for now for all we know.
I don’t think the informal talks with INEOS rumour that was spread on here last week is as favourable to Jim as it’s made out to be. I can’t see why Glazers wouldn’t ask Qatar if they’re flexible before picking Jim and it works the other way around as well

These latest reports of Jim buying the Glazers out in a few years just stinks of PR to me, if this was intended all along why did it takes the leaks about Joel and Avram staying last week for it to come out? More like they've seen the fan backlash and trying to spin it in a positive.

Are you just gonna patrol this thread and engage every post that questions Jim’s bid until a takeover happens or what?
This post isn’t intended to be as aggressive as it reads by the way.
If they are stupid and need correcting, yes. So much absolute rubbish being dreamed up surrounding the INEOS bid, it need putting right because it gets taken as fact.

Maybe they just fancied dipping their toes into another sporting venture, and making a club that appeared to enjoy bankrupting themselves not so long ago, financially sound.
Does there need to be more to it?
You’d hope so. This isn’t an episode of The Secret Millionaire.

This was always the plan. INEOS wants immediate control and the end game has always been to buyout the Glazer majority. That was floated as an idea before the club was even for sale.

You talk like this is a bad thing…
Never said it's a bad thing the sooner they piss off the better.

This is a very poor post.

Comparing Ratcliffe's Nice to when City were taken over in 2008 is such a ridiculous thing to do for so many reasons. There was no FFP restraining City at the time and they faffed a tonne of cash away on flops like Robinho, Jo, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Lescott etc. They were a disgrace of a club when it came to transfers in 08/09/10.

Newcastle are doing well atm because of smart decisions as their spend hasn't been outrageous due to FFP. So with that you've just made an argument against the need of perceived unlimited funds from oil states. I say perceived because of course it's not real due to FFP.

Also, INEOS never said they intended to transform Nice into title challengers and CL contenders within 4 years. Not having such deluded ambitions with a midtable side from Ligue 1 shouldn't be used as any sort of indicator as to how they would approach the running of United.
Poor post only because it doesnt suit your narrative that Ratcliffe hasnt inmproved Nice one bit in the league for 4 seasons. How is he going to improve us without more and more debt? Do we have to go another 10+ years to compete? How is he going to get the ground upgraded or new stadium without even more debt? Other infrastructure likecCarrington? Regular transfer funds? Oh and by the way Nice were better run and had higher finish before Ratcliffe bought them.

I really hate the glazers
Every united fan hates them and hypothetically if we could guarantee that all Glazers left and they sold the club 100% with either SJ or SJR taking charge but we would have to finish 5th so we played in Europa League next year , I wonder how many united fans would take that?

I would definitely take finishing 5th to get rid of them for good and I think a lot of fans would too?

Status
Not open for further replies.