Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that’s the case, people don’t trust INEOS because of what they did at Nice, with Qatar and PSG there’s clear evidence for us to see.

There’s certainly clear evidence that they can cheat/circumvent ffp and outspend the rest of Ligue 1 by a quite astonishing margin, to end up less dominant that Bayern in Germany, losing titles to the likes of Monaco and Lille, and being pretty meh in Europe. They are also brilliant at paying incredible sums of money to washed up footballers who don’t improve them one iota.

Their regular points totals in the Frence ligue leave a lot to be desired, they can’t make Liverpool’s totals, let alone City’s despite vastly outspending the rest of ligue 1.
Arsenal are currently earning more points per game this season, despite playing in a much stronger league and spending much less than a few other sides in said league.

PSG’s ownership has been “meh” at best, all they’ve proven is that they can do a Lyon (also dominated pre PSG), but only if they cheat ffp and outspend the league by far; something they clearly can’t do in England.

Inspired? Yeah me neither.

Last edited:
There’s certainly clear evidence that they can chest ffp and outspend the rest of Ligue 1 by a quite an astonishing margin, to end up less dominant that Bayern in Germany, losing titles to the likes of Monaco and Lille, and pretty wank in Europe. They are also brilliant at paying incredible sums of money to washed up footballers who don’t improve them one iota.

:drool:

I prefer 10th place (nice) or relegation (lausanne) to winning like that. Also washed up players you mean like Ramsay, barkley and Schmeichel?

I prefer 10th place (nice) or relegation (lausanne) to winning like that. Also washed up players you mean like Ramsay, barkley and Schmeichel?

8th I thought.

You’re free to prefer it in fairness. I’m just rebutting the argument Qatar have somehow been top proven owners. I think they’ve been there a long time, spent daft money for not much return, they’ve been “meh”.

If they outspend everyone 10 fold in the Prem though, they’ll clearly do well.

8th I thought.

You’re free to prefer it in fairness. I’m just rebutting the argument Qatar have somehow been top proven owners. I think they’ve been there a long time, spent daft money for not much return, they’ve been “meh”.

If they outspend everyone 10 fold in the Prem though, they’ll clearly do well.

I don't think that the Qatari are great owners. I simply believe that they are better owners to ineos. Ineos are able to end up 8th in a 1 horse race. They got relegated is the Swiss league as well.

I think we might have done this previously. :lol:

I am answering you mate. Just because I believe that Ineos are crap that doesn't mean that I think that Qatar are brilliant. I think that wilder is not a great boxer. However I believe that he can knock Rees mogg in a fist fight.

There’s certainly clear evidence that they can cheat/circumvent ffp and outspend the rest of Ligue 1 by a quite astonishing margin, to end up less dominant that Bayern in Germany, losing titles to the likes of Monaco and Lille, and being pretty meh in Europe. They are also brilliant at paying incredible sums of money to washed up footballers who don’t improve them one iota.

Their regular points totals in the Frence ligue leave a lot to be desired, they can’t make Liverpool’s totals, let alone City’s despite vastly outspending the rest of ligue 1.
Arsenal are currently earning more points per game this season, despite playing in a much stronger league and spending much less than a few other sides in said league.

PSG’s ownership has been “meh” at best, all they’ve proven is that they can do a Lyon (also dominated pre PSG), but only if they cheat ffp and outspend the league by far; something they clearly can’t do in England.

Inspired? Yeah me neither.
Nice FC

I prefer not cheating, to cheating.

Could just be me though.

A quick look at Ligue 1 salaries seems to suggest Nice pay the 9th highest wages in the league, which maybe should be considered when assessing their performance. Article isn't dated though so not sure how recent it is.

Could just be me though.

A quick look at Ligue 1 salaries seems to suggest Nice pay the 9th highest wages in the league, which maybe should be considered when assessing their performance. Article isn't dated though so not sure how recent it is.

My ideal owner is someone who knows what he is doing and has the money + will to invest. If that is not the option then I prefer success to failure and id rather have owners who put their hands in their pockets rather then limit themselves to empty promises.

If its down to just fairness then we might as well remain with the Glazers. At least we won't be used for greenwashing purposes

I prefer success to failure and id rather have owners who put their hands in their pockets rather then limit themselves to empty promises. If its down to just fairness then we might as well remain with the Glazers. At least we won't be used for greenwashing purposes

Success gained by cheating is failure.

Ask that drugged up lycra guy. Maybe soon you'll be able to ask City, Barcelona and who knows, even PSG fans about it as well.

Success gained by cheating is failure.

Ask that drugged up lycra guy. Maybe soon you'll be able to ask City, Barcelona and who knows, even PSG fans about it as well.

Trophies are trophies mate. Ask lausanne or Nice fans if they rather swap owners with psg. I doubt it's nice to be in Swiss 2nd division especially when you were promised European football

Could just be me though.

I think the point is that INEOS goal with Nice was a regular Champions league football and they are not any closer to that when they were before the takeover. I don't know what the aim was with Lousanne but I doubt relegation (twice) was part of the plan. I don't get why people get so defensive about those facts. INEOS are not doing a very good job with those 2 clubs they own. What is there to argue about?

add to that, merry-go-round of managers, constant problems between managers and sporting directors, worst case of player power. Sure, you can consistenly winin France even with those problems but I'm certain even City with half of those problems won't half the PL's they have. So yeah, clear evidence of great ownership.

This is understated and much worse than them bottling the CL year after year.

Another pro Glazer fan. Weird.

What are you on about?? I cant stand the Glazers.
I want them completely gone from our club. That's why I want a full sale, a wishy-washy 'buy partial shares and keep them there for a few years' means nothing changes.
They need shifting ASAP.

Transfers are usually the results of months of negotiations. This couldn't be done at United for obvious reasons

Hasn't this club had a history of not doing months of negotiations post SAF/Gill? Our best transfer last summer window seemed to come from out of nowhere, didn't it?

I don't think the window is ruined, but we definitely risk to miss out on select targets that we could potentially compete for if we knew our budget.

People who are fed up with Glazer mismanagement, myself included, should probably try to look at it from a more long term perspective.

From the Glazers' perspective, there's really no need to rush this. They know they are hated by nearly all United-fans anyway and that no one will thank them if they leave in a manner that would be considerate for the club's short term future.

Trophies are trophies mate. Ask lausanne or Nice fans if they rather swap owners with psg. I doubt it's nice to be in Swiss 2nd division especially when you were promised European football

Haven’t Lausanne been a yo-yo club for decades, including time in the forth division?

4 years yet Nice are no further forward. Compare that to City after 4 years or even Newcastle after one year. He hasnt the funds to compete in France and I have no faith he can compete with the big boys here. I can imagine the Qataris will buy another Prem club if they dont get Utd and we will fall further behind. The fact that there will still be debt under Ratcliffe and the ground and facilities all need upgrading, as well as transfers, means we will be hardly any different under him. If he keeps 2 parasites on as well, well that will be the icing on the cake.

This is a very poor post.

Comparing Ratcliffe's Nice to when City were taken over in 2008 is such a ridiculous thing to do for so many reasons. There was no FFP restraining City at the time and they faffed a tonne of cash away on flops like Robinho, Jo, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Lescott etc. They were a disgrace of a club when it came to transfers in 08/09/10.

Newcastle are doing well atm because of smart decisions as their spend hasn't been outrageous due to FFP. So with that you've just made an argument against the need of perceived unlimited funds from oil states. I say perceived because of course it's not real due to FFP.

Also, INEOS never said they intended to transform Nice into title challengers and CL contenders within 4 years. Not having such deluded ambitions with a midtable side from Ligue 1 shouldn't be used as any sort of indicator as to how they would approach the running of United.

This is a very poor post.

Comparing Ratcliffe's Nice to when City were taken over in 2008 is such a ridiculous thing to do for so many reasons. There was no FFP restraining City at the time and they faffed a tonne of cash away on flops like Robinho, Jo, Adebayor, Santa Cruz, Lescott etc. They were a disgrace of a club when it came to transfers in 08/09/10.

Newcastle are doing well atm because of smart decisions as their spend hasn't been outrageous due to FFP. So with that you've just made an argument against the need of perceived unlimited funds from oil states. I say perceived because of course it's not real due to FFP.

Also, INEOS never said they intended to transform Nice into title challengers and CL contenders within 4 years. Not having such deluded ambitions with a midtable side from Ligue 1 shouldn't be used as any sort of indicator as to how they would approach the running of United.
Did Ineos say they wanted to make them worse :lol: ?

The summer transfer window is probably ruined
With current ownership we’re toasted but if the Glazers sell before first week in June we have nothing to worry about. To make any transfer business before July 2023 we need to remove all our debts, otherwise nothing will happen. Remember last summers transfers and our transfer restrictions in January. According to our Q2 report new owners the key. (That’s why keeping two of the Glazers as a minority owner is a disaster - we will have limited funds with that constellation)

I don't think that the Qatari are great owners. I simply believe that they are better owners to ineos. Ineos are able to end up 8th in a 1 horse race. They got relegated is the Swiss league as well.

We don’t know that but the beauty of supporting for an ownership from Qatar is that if we fail it’s not because of short of money. I rather fail cash rich than seeing us sliding down the table because of limited funds. But that’s me a glory hunter and an old fashioned capitalist.Go Tucker Go btw.

Personally I'd quite like to see clubs blatantly cheating forced out of existence as a severe warning to anyone else thinking it was acceptable. Of course that would include the erasing of all their records.

So there is an exit plan. Hopefully a lot of people can calm down.
If someone were to tell us 12 months ago this would happen I think we'd have thrown a party (if it does happen)?

Glazers losing control and them gone in the next few years, sooner the better sure but perfect being the enemy of the good and that.

If someone were to tell us 12 months ago this would happen I think we'd have thrown a party (if it does happen)?

Glazers losing control and them gone in the next few years, sooner the better sure but perfect being the enemy of the good and that.
Definitely. I find it weird that for all of Sheikh Jassims supposed wealth and childhood love for the club, he can't fork out a better bid than what Ratcliff put.

It doesn't add up for me.

Between 15/16 and 18/19 (the 4 seasons prior to INEOS) Nice averaged 62,7 pts per season. That‘s 1,65 pts per game…

From 19/20 until now ( the 4 seasons with INEOS) Nice has an average of 54 pts per season, or 1,42 ppg…

Making 9 pts/season less is clear decline. I don‘t know how you make that people complaining about this into “deluded ambitions”… There gotta be some middle ground here.

I think there's been a lot PR coming straight out of Ineos. After fan backlash, they've leaked rumours of a full buyout a few years down the line. It would be the ideal scenario, to be fair.

Been relegated from the top division 3 times in their entire history. Twice under INEOS

So being relegated for not obtaining a license in 2001 and spending 10 years outside the top league doesn’t count? Got it. They’ve spent more time outside the top division in the last 20 years than in it. Got promoted back into the top league the year before INEOS took over.

The club’s whole prior history is not as relevant as the previous 20 years when it comes to showing where a club should be performing currently. Look how many historically big teams are stuck in the championship and league one.

All that said, you’d think it would be easier to pump some money in and get them performing better. I don’t really know what the upside would be for that, or why they even bought the club in the first place.

there is a exit plan because he cannot afford to buy us outright or he would.
I dont have a problem with that. The Glazers are asking for an extortionate amount.

The point is he's not planning on keeping the Glazers around so the anti Ratcliff people can chill the feck out. Or more likely, try and find something else to moan about for him.

All that said, you’d think it would be easier to pump some money in and get them performing better. I don’t really know what the upside would be for that, or why they even bought the club in the first place.

Maybe they just fancied dipping their toes into another sporting venture, and making a club that appeared to enjoy bankrupting themselves not so long ago, financially sound.
Does there need to be more to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.