Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
kg-800.jpg

Kevin.
body-pillows-minion-kevin.jpg.jpg

Kevin

The longer this goes, the less likely it will be Jassim imo. He has the money to just get this done so all this stalling seems to be trying to get the word out that it will be Radcliffe and Ineos.

I don't see what that has to do with anything I said. There cannot be a takeover without all of them agreeing to it, because Class B shares are presumably non-transferable without unanimous approval. Even if the other 4 decided to fly to Doha today and sell directly to Qatar, there won't be a change in control, because Qatar will be buying Class A shares, leaving Joel and Avram in control. Needless to say Qatar won't even consider this idea. That is what I was saying.
I’m not an expert but I’m fairly certain the other 4 have the votes to change the class share rules? I think it’s 2/3 majority I read on here.

The longer this goes, the less likely it will be Jassim imo. He has the money to just get this done so all this stalling seems to be trying to get the word out that it will be Radcliffe and Ineos.
I don’t really see the logic there.

That makes zero sense.

I’m not an expert but I’m fairly certain the other 4 have the votes to change the class share rules? I think it’s 2/3 majority I read on here.
Both are true. There is a bylaw that states no class b shares can be sold without everyone agreeing to it. There is also a 2/3 majority rule.

No, I'm saying that the Glazers from day one explored all options which includes a partial sale. Elliott are one of the bidders that Raine and the Glazers approved up until this point. In fact you tell me, do you think that Elliott have passed several rounds of bids while no one is okay with the terms of a potential sale, Elliott will at the last minute refuse to be minority owners?

Ah, then we agree completely then. I've made exactly the same point in this thread - Elliot wouldn't have made it this far into the process if they weren't a viable option. In fact, I believe they were in pole position up until Ratcliffe's offer to keep Joel and Avram on. And now might be again after this recent revelation about the clause in his deal. If it's not PR, of course.

Ah, then we agree completely then. I've made exactly the same point in this thread - Elliot wouldn't have made it this far into the process if they weren't a viable option. In fact, I believe they were in pole position up until Ratcliffe's offer to keep Joel and Avram on. And now might be again after this recent revelation about the clause in his deal. If it's not PR, of course.
Why would anyone invest into the club if the money will go straight into the Glazers pockets. Presuming you mean the 4 siblings shares.

Just accept the Ineos bid already..

Any bid, feck me they really are scum.

Can the government not just strip it off them for what they paid for it to end the decline already.

How they pass any sort of measure to own a club is scandalous

Defeat from the jaws of victory!
Unless Elliott are wildly incompetent in their diligence, the two Glazers will surely face the same dilemma around being asked to essentially stake any future cash-out on handing over control to someone else (and quite likely deferring dividends in the meantime)

And to add to this, I'm pretty sure that all options have been ironed out when it comes to how the share will be transferred and transformed if needed. The issue here is that SJR most recent alleged offer is a bridge between a complete sale and a minority sale.

Now to me the reason it's interesting and why I don't believe that your previous point make sense is because a complete sale means that the Glazers lose control of the club and a partial sale initially meant that the Glazers that wanted it can get money while some may be able to stay. But SJR offer is a bit of both the ones that wants to stay get more money but lose more power while the ones that wants to leave can leave. There is an actual arbitration and that arbitration somehow doesn't elminate Elliot or Jassim because unless SJR's middle ground option is picked, the other two could fiercely compete against each others.

SJR made it more complicated because he is competing with everyone and no one at the same time. Which is why no bidders has any reason to leave the table.

I agree, it's utterly ridiculous. Brinkmanship nowt else.

Probably they want a greater share of money and feel entitled to it due to 'all their hard work running the club'. I've experienced these big US family asset sales before and they are absolutely toxic.

Why would anyone invest into the club if the money will go straight into the Glazers pockets. Presuming you mean the 4 siblings shares.

For the same reason Elliot gave 300M Euro at 11%(?) interest rate to the Chinese guy when he bought AC Milan. And then he defaulted. And yes, I do believe Joel and Avram are just greedy and stupid enough to take such a risk. And I'd wager Elliot believe the same. They exist because of such people.

For the same reason Elliot gave 300M Euro at 11%(?) interest rate to the Chinese guy when he bought AC Milan. And then he defaulted. And yes, I do believe Joel and Avram are just greedy and stupid enough to take such a risk. And I'd wager Elliot believe the same. They exist because of such people.
I don't think they're stupid.

Yeah? And how about greedy? If the slimes truly believe in their heads they stand to make more money down the line...
I just don't think the numbers make sense. They would have to sell a lot of their own share, enough that it would hardly be worth doing if at all. If it's the siblings then all they would be doing is adding more debt, the money would go to the siblings not to the club if they sell their shares presumably.

When the Glazers announced in November that Manchester United could be for sale, I was happy and excited. Now, almost 6 months after that day, I'm tired of the rumors and how long it's been going on. The process drags on, time passes, and we still don't know who will be the new owner of the club. We don't know if there will be a new owner at all or just a new investor. Let this process of selling the club end as soon as possible, otherwise even the summer transfer window will be lost for us.

I don't think they're stupid.
Well, they've either been incompetent in appointing their advisors or arrogant (and thus 'unintelligent'' in a certain sense) in following their counsel when it comes to strategy, both directly and in terms of executive appointments. With the advantages they had in terms of the club's position they could have increased value and made money whilst pretty much guaranteeing competitiveness; it's not a virtual monopoly league like the Bundesliga, but Liverpool have done OK with a 'for profit' model, just by appointing people capable of making strategic decisions and moving quickly to streamline processes as well as jettisoning Rodgers once it was clear they'd reached the end of his cycle, all starting from a 'worse' position. They didn't even have to invest as much in transfer fees as they (or the club) ended up doing, with properly integrated scouting system and quicker decision making, not making decisions like loading players onto huge contracts who weren't reliable (just for accounting purposes and Woodward's theories specifically). They could have been equally if not more ruthless and had a higher value asset to sell off at this stage.

This is all smoke and mirrors, PR, and brinkmanship, give it another week and we will hear that Qatar is the preferred bidder.

What does this even mean?
Can someone eli5
Ratcliffe doesn't buy the Glazers out entirely right now but in three years he has the option, or maybe obligation, to buy the remaining Glazer shares.

Ratcliffe doesn't buy the Glazers out entirely right now but in three years he has the option, or maybe obligation, to buy the remaining Glazer shares.
Couldn't think of anything worse.

This needs to be a complete sale with complete control or all they are doing is changing one sh*t scenario for another.

And nothing changing in between.

Given the amount of unadulterated rubbish that a lot of United fans come out with on here, it wouldn't shock me to learn that this is untrue or taken out of context.

But even if it was true, I couldn't care less what he does during Nice games.

Given the amount of unadulterated rubbish that a lot of United fans come out with on here, it wouldn't shock me to learn that this is untrue or taken out of context.

It's from a Nice fan.

This thread would be about 1200 pages shorter if we were all to ignore what prospective owners do outside of (potentially) owning United.

Given the shite you spout, why are you not banned?

Bizarre take.

The information comes from Nice-Matin is very reliable when it comes to AS Monaco and OGC Nice.

Most concerning thing about that article for me is the suggestion that they’ll make a decision “some time in May” which suggests it’ll probably be weeks rather than days before we learn anything new

Such a drag

Most concerning thing about that article for me is the suggestion that they’ll make a decision “some time in May” which suggests it’ll probably be weeks rather than days before we learn anything new

Such a drag
Because they are literally guessing mate.

Such a drag
To be fair we are currently in May

Status
Not open for further replies.