Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no ITK and I have zero inside knowledge. However I am quite interested in the subject as I consider this sale as the single most important Man Utd event since SAF joined the club. Here is what I think

a- Manchester United represent a big chunk of the Glazer's wealth. They would want to squeeze as many dollars out of the deal as possible
b- United is not in great shape. The club is debt ridden, the infrastructure is mush, the squad need heavy investment and we're losing money
c- the minority stake thing had been explored and till now it had proved unsuccessful. If it wasn't the case then the club would have never gone for sale.
d- United is not worth 5b-6b. Whoever is buying us is buying us because of other plans that has nothing to do with business. Else other players would have joined (ie US consortiums etc)
e- These leaks are probably driven by the Glazers. Take the latest ones as an example (ie Jassim had bid the same bid etc). There's zero benefit for Jassim to make himself look silly and there's zero benefits from SJR to poke the bear especially if that bear might involve cousin to throw money in the project. This comes from the Glazers as they are one benefiting from this.
f- Both players would hate to end up on the losing side. SJR has already missed out on Chelsea and in a very unprofessional way (ie he place a late bid past the deadline). He can't afford losing out on United as well. There's a limit of clubs he can pretend to support. On the other hand Jassim is an Al Thani and everything he does reflect on the family. This is a society that hate losing face especially if this is a rare opportunity for Jassim and daddy to go back in the emir's good books
g- from my perspective Jassim handled this badly. You don't reveal your renovation plans up until you buy the darn thing. Else you make the sellers salivate for more money
I agree with all that I think, except the leaks bit. The problem there is you're assuming they're genuine and accurate and then looking for a rationale behind them, whereas I consider it more likely they're just from column-fillers and click-baiters. I don't know of course, I'm just comparing them to the vast volume of other shite these people put out.

Qatar. And some of the people supporting the Jassim bid were quoting that to make a point opposite to yours. And also like I said its reported, as everything is in this saga.
You mean a journalist claimed that Qatar said that. That doesn't mean that they did, or that they didn't leak that to a journalist to try to scare off other bidders, hoping SJR or someone else will be afraid to waste their time if they're up against sovereign wealth.

They say thay, but then they also say they won't over pay.

And who's to say that Ineos didn't also tell Raine Group that they'll better Qatar's offer. If both bidders keep saying they'll top the other guys' bid, then each need to come up with something to try to differentiate them from the other. That may be what prompted Ineos to offer the 51% option.

I'm sure when you first said something you said 24hrs, then it went to 24-48 hrs, now we're on to a full week from today.
Please just stop with the nonsense!
Yeah, it’s spamming the thread now.

It’s whenever Jassim decides.
Jassim doesn't exist. It's an alter ego of SJR. Pretty obvious considering it has "ass" in the middle of "Jim". He's a clever old fella.

My buddy, a Chelsea fan, saw the "picture" of Jassim and said it looks like an AI generated Messi.

I'm starting to think he's right.

Jassim doesn't exist. It's an alter ego of SJR. Pretty obvious considering it has "ass" in the middle of "Jim". He's a clever old fella.

My buddy, a Chelsea fan, saw the "picture" of Jassim and said it looks like an AI generated Messi.

I'm starting to think he's right.
Is there any video footage of Jassim?

No doubt he's a real person but he's clearly just being used to provide a face for the bid.

I travel once or twice to Old Trafford per season. Buy the tickets on websites 5-10 times their actual price. For me two games it costs me more than a season ticket holder adding, that if you dont count the expensive TV packages we pay for. You walk 15 minutes from were you live to attend the match compared to supporters I know never miss a match waking up 3 in the morning on a working day to watch united play. No, you are not better than them.
I don't think buying tickets from touts at 5-10 times face value contributes anything to the success of the club does it. Look on the ticket thread on here, I'm sure you'll find a few at FV over the course of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.