Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post the tweet? I thought you had said it was on Muppetiers. It seems you keep moving the goalposts in your little windup and it’s beginning to become uncool. (For the record I don’t hate on them/deride them like others)
Nah I only really look in the Muppetiers discord for team news. That place is full of nutters.

Are the rumours that the Glazers were in Qatar at all credible?

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that the Qataris PR offensive the last few months is aimed at doing. Leak all these plans to the media that get a lot of fans all excited to be the next City and buy fans all these shiny new toys.

All the while low balling their bid, and leaving the fans, if Qatar doesn't win the bid, to blame it on the Glazers, not on the fact that Qatar never took the bid seriously.

*If reports are true.....feel like we have to add that in to every post, or someone will inevitably scream that no one knows that for sure.
You say lowballing but they are paying almost double the clubs value on the market.

That is insanity if you ask me :lol: I would have laughed the Glazer’s out the room and said they can keep the club.

I mean people can say it will be worth X amount in 5 years but those people are basically as bad as the 2020-21 NFT market hype dogs at that point.

To the moon baby! Think of the stonks after you’ve spent the GDP of a small nation to purchase a struggling sports team.

Glazers not endearing themselves to the fans any further by delaying the bidding announcement. They’ve had 5 months to figure it out with all possible scenarios talked about. Any deal that sees them remain at the club will be terrible for both them and us, needs to be a full sale only.

He’s not trying to make sense, that’s the point.

Look, I love a piss take and a wind up but this thread is so emotive and sensitive to a lot of posters that it’s a little bit too much, he needs to to stop with the cryptic shit. It’s not fair because this is one of the most serious periods in the club’s history in my opinion and we’re all invested in it.

Seconded - is there anyway we can threadban posters who are doing stuff like this?

He’s not trying to make sense, that’s the point.

Look, I love a piss take and a wind up but this thread is so emotive and sensitive to a lot of posters that it’s a little bit too much, he needs to to stop with the cryptic shit. It’s not fair because this is one of the most serious periods in the club’s history in my opinion and we’re all invested in it.
Nothing has happened for a week. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I come on here every other day to see pages and pages, only to see probably two/three tweets but the same people saying what they were saying at the start of this whole process! It’s getting really boring now, sit back and just wait!!

This is moving slower than I thought itnwoulf after the final bids. Expected to hear of a preferred bidder at least by this stage

This is moving slower than I thought itnwoulf after the final bids. Expected to hear of a preferred bidder at least by this stage

I think it took two weeks between submitting the final bids and Boehly emerging as a preferred bidder during Chelsea's sale. That was an emergency sale, so things had to move quickly. Could see this taking a month or more, which was apparently also expressed by the bidders as reported in that Telegraph article.

Don't hold your breath. And this will delay our transfer window. Again.

I think it took two weeks between submitting the final bids and Boehly emerging as a preferred bidder during Chelsea's sale. That was an emergency sale, so things had to move quickly. Could see this taking a month or more, which was apparently also expressed by the bidders as reported in that Telegraph article.

Don't hold your breath.
Chelsea was different though as they would have gone out of business. Their process was heavily expedited.

I come on here every other day to see pages and pages, only to see probably two/three tweets but the same people saying what they were saying at the start of this whole process! It’s getting really boring now, sit back and just wait!!

You can focus on the thread dedicated to tweets, if you find the conversations boring.

Chelsea was different though as they would have gone out of business. Their process was heavily expedited.

Yes, that is what I said. And it hasn't even been two weeks since the final bids were submitted in our case. Nothing stopping the Glazers for opting for a fourth round of bidding as well. Unless they are already working on a deal behind the scenes, this could take quite some time.

Glazers not endearing themselves to the fans any further by delaying the bidding announcement. They’ve had 5 months to figure it out with all possible scenarios talked about. Any deal that sees them remain at the club will be terrible for both them and us, needs to be a full sale only.
Do you really think they give a feck

Yes, that is what I said. And it hasn't even been two weeks since the final bids were submitted in our case. Nothing stopping the Glazers for opting for a fourth round of bidding as well. Unless they are already working on a deal behind the scenes, this could take quite some time.
Apologies somehow skimmed past that!

Sort of indicates that the bids are very close doesn’t it.

I always thought the stories about 'End of Q1' were far more likely to mean the financial rather than calendar year, which would be June. Rarely does anyone refer to the year in quarters unless taking about the financial calendar

I always thought the stories about 'End of Q1' were far more likely to mean the financial rather than calendar year, which would be June. Rarely does anyone refer to the year in quarters unless taking about the financial calendar

The end of Q1 is September. June is the end of Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.