Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to reply to everyone seeing as I'm clearly in the wrong :lol:

Having said that, this is probably one of, if not, the biggest sport washing instrument that will ever become available.

I will and I don't even converse with the guy...:lol:
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

So which countries fans on an individual fan basis create more income for premier league clubs? Discounting rich wanna be owners.

Economically and culturally domestic especially match going fans are the most important. I'd imagine thats reflected in every sport and country.

It doesn't mean foreign based fans aren't valued but its not an equal ranking and it would be massively arrogant for anyone to assume it was. So yeah those fans are more important than someone who streams every game from afar.
I just find it an incredible condescension take.

So which countries fans on an individual fan basis create more income for premier league clubs? Discounting rich wanna be owners.

Economically and culturally domestic especially match going fans are the most important. I'd imagine thats reflected in every sport and country.

It doesn't mean foreign based fans aren't valued but its not an equal ranking and it would be massively arrogant for anyone to assume it was. So yeah those fans are more important than someone who streams every game from afar.

Manchester united enormous revenues in the past decade despite winning feck all is because of the foreign fans. The gigantic deals we have is because we have hundreds of millions of fans around the world, not (70k match going) fans, and by the way, even the match going fans is a mixture of locals and foreigners. So no, the match going fans is not more important than the foreigners.

The debt has increased in pounds because it’s held in dollars and it’s the exchange rate.
You may thank the shit show of a UK government for that but it hasn’t increased
So when we post a loss of £115m where does that additional debt go, the Ebitda position indicates this gets added to the overall debt irrespective of Monetary exchange rate issues.

The club can not continue to trade every year and make a loss of £100m per year, fans just don’t realise the absolute peril of the current financial situation of the club. No CL qualification this year and watch the Glazers Asses twitch, they might want to get this done quickly just encase the bids start to decrease !

Last edited:
I still think that INEOS are favourites. They offered more during the 1st and 2nd bid. However Qatar are cash rich and what Jassim is planning is off the charts. If he really wants United then he can always scale his project a bit and put more money in the Glazer's pockets instead.

Both players are too big to irk so the Glazers will give the alternative a chance to up the bid if he wants to. I doubt that either Jassim or SJR will learn of his defeat via the media

Last edited:
Manchester united enormous revenues in the past decade despite winning feck all is because of the foreign fans. The gigantic deals we have is because we have hundreds of millions of fans around the world, not (70k match going) fans, and by the way, even the match going fans is a mixture of locals and foreigners. So no, the match going fans is not more important than the foreigners.

Domestic broadcasting revenue is higher than all overseas broadcasting combined. On a per fan basis a match going fan brings in far more income, followed by domestic, then oversees. Your emotion doesn't change that fact.

Domestic broadcasting revenue is higher than all overseas broadcasting combined. On a per fan basis a match going fan brings in far more income, followed by domestic, then oversees. Your emotion doesn't change that fact.
If there are international fans out there spending more money with Manchester United than Season Ticket Holders then I'd love to know how!

I still think that INEOS are favourites. They offered more during the 1st and 2nd bid. However Qatar are cash rich and what Jassim is planning is off the charts. If he really wants United then he can always scale his project a bit and put more money in the Glazer's pockets instead.

Both players are too big to irk so the Glazers will give the alternative a chance to up the bid if he wants to. I doubt that either Jassim or SJR will learn of his defeat via the media
There's been so many patently shite tweets and articles that I've lost track. Do we actually know what's been bid, as in an actual statement from Raine or the bidders, as opposed to the 'reports say' stuff?

There's been so many patently shite tweets and articles that I've lost track. Do we actually know what's been bid, as in an actual statement from Raine or the bidders, as opposed to the 'reports say' stuff?
No

If there are international fans out there spending more money with Manchester United than Season Ticket Holders then I'd love to know how!
I travel once or twice to Old Trafford per season. Buy the tickets on websites 5-10 times their actual price. For me two games it costs me more than a season ticket holder adding, that if you dont count the expensive TV packages we pay for. You walk 15 minutes from were you live to attend the match compared to supporters I know never miss a match waking up 3 in the morning on a working day to watch united play. No, you are not better than them.

Probably because they know they have to pay at least another £3bn now they’ve seen the books. Their Bid is probably £5bn plus they will spend £650m debt, £350m transfers, they will pay upfront and £2bn for stadium and training grounds upgrades that’s why, even Qatar has a budget !
Exactly :lol: Even someone with a blank chequebook would think twice. It’s actual madness really.

They’ll never get the investment back until they sell the club down the line. Paying top dollar for a business on life support.

50% of our revenues is commercial thanks to the international fans. 17% is matchdays and the rest is broadcasting between local and international revenues. So no, the most important fans neither the locals nor the the foreigners because without one of them we would not have been as big as we are today. Dont be biased.

Think we can all agree if the Glazer’s want future prosperity for the club they sell to Qatar.

If they are in this game only to get more of a slice they’ll back INEOS.

Think we already know the answer… :lol:

There are leaks coming out, possibly by the Glazers camp. There is zero benefit for either Jassim or Ineos to be portrayed as favourites

Think we can all agree if the Glazer’s want future prosperity for the club they sell to Qatar.

I think all they care about is racking as much money as possible. If shares are at 30 dollars, they think that they can sell them for a profit for 50 in the future and Jassim hit that magic number now then they will sell.

Absolute rubbish. The club doesn’t even come into their thinking, but there are ZERO guarantees that a Qatar takeover will be better for the club than a INEOS one.

This how I see it.

The Raine Group who acting on the behalf of the seller main strategy has from the very beginning been to identify those bidders who’re serious and can pay up front and then turn this selling process in to an bidding auction. In almost every bidding process time and timing is apart from price the best tools to be successful and that goes for both sides. As soon as two different bidders starts to upper their bids then suddenly common economical sense slides further down the list of priorities. With time both bidders invest so much pride and emotions that going back becomes soon harder than follow momentum and win the bidding war.

The Glazers knows where SJ comes from and how much saving face is part of their culture. The same goes for the bidder who pride himself representing the local community and has sold his vision on brining Manchester back to Man United.

Suddenly initial economical limitations/valuations take a back seat position and other variables become the more and more important. SJR latest bid if it has been reported correct is probably an indicator of above. The only thing the RG has to do now is waiting for SJ to let his Qatarian roots take control of his and country’s pride and emotions. It also probably works despite everyone knew this was the sellers strategy from the beginning.

50% of our revenues is commercial thanks to the international fans. 17% is matchdays and the rest is broadcasting between local and international revenues. So no, the most important fans neither the locals nor the the foreigners because without one of them we would not have been as big as we are today. Dont be biased.

You dont seem to understand what on a fan by fan basis means so I'll leave it there. Sensitive subject I can't be arsed offending people over.

Starting to wonder if the 2 Glazers who are not keen on a full sale suffer from chronic insecurity in not being able to part with their main asset....

This is exactly the kind of nonsense that the Qataris PR offensive the last few months is aimed at doing. Leak all these plans to the media that get a lot of fans all excited to be the next City and buy fans all these shiny new toys.

All the while low balling their bid, and leaving the fans, if Qatar doesn't win the bid, to blame it on the Glazers, not on the fact that Qatar never took the bid seriously.

*If reports are true.....feel like we have to add that in to every post, or someone will inevitably scream that no one knows that for sure.

I do think Sheikh Jassim will be Utds new owner before too long, realistically, the Glazers cannot afford otherwise, also, might be reading too much
into this but the appearance of the Emir of Qatar in this country seems quite telling.

Berbaclass, where's the confirmation for the Qatar stuff? I mortgaged my house and bet 5he proceeds Qatar being the next owners, so as you can imagine, some of my friends and family said don't bet your entire life savings on an online poster, but I said no, Berbaclass is trustworthy

Didn’t say otherwise did I.

The way it’s been weaponised in here, people are sort of suggesting that match going fans opinions are superior. Which is clearly bollocks.

Of course they are more important.
You literally get your United news from Twitter accounts and have routinely posted from a Doscord app in a room called “muppitiers”

You get the impression that the Glazers who have been cosying up to Qatar since Xmas in the hope of getting what they wanted, wouldn’t just discard their bid without talking to them first.
Exactly. If Qatar comes out looking bad, I am pretty sure it is goodbye to all Glazer business prospects in their country.

Berbaclass, where's the confirmation for the Qatar stuff? I mortgaged my house and bet 5he proceeds Qatar being the next owners, so as you can imagine, some of my friends and family said don't bet your entire life savings on an online poster, but I said no, Berbaclass is trustworthy
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.