Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I missed something, why is the Qatar bid not considered good enough? Thought it was a world record bid?

INEOS PR machine in full flow.

:lol: the one thing they lack is a decent PR machine! Their bid for this entire thing has been fairly awful. Complete lack of any engagement with the fans or plans of what they would want to do besides make the club half British again, putting on debt and then working with the Glazers. It's been a piss poor bid for us but they only have to sway the Glazers here.

:lol: the one thing they lack is a decent PR machine! Their bid for this entire thing has been fairly awful. Complete lack of any engagement with the fans or plans of what they would want to do besides make the club half British again, putting on debt and then working with the Glazers. It's been a piss poor bid for us but they only have to sway the Glazers here.

this

Have I missed something, why is the Qatar bid not considered good enough? Thought it was a world record bid?

Because they're not just bending over and just giving the Glazers the £6 billion they want? when in reality £5 billion is a crazy offer given the neglected state the club is in.

As someone said if they offered £6 billion, the Glazers would be putting it out there that they'll only accept £7 billion

It's a phenomenal offer, it not only gives the Glazers a ridiculous profit, but also promises to sort out all the mess they will be leaving behind.

I can't see what more they can do.
It’s even better than that;
1. Qatar are agreeing to buy 100% of the club taking the club off the stock market and allowing them to be far more competitive and efficient in transfer market no NYSE to inform.

2. They agree to pay twice the current share price of $20 and offer 6 entitled parasites a combined $4.4/4.5bn profit on a club their Daddy Bought with £200m in a leveraged buy out that left a debt which is still with the club 18 years on.

3. They have agreed to pay off that £635m club debt with cash not borrowed money and not include that debt in their offer but if they buy the club this will probably be paid within 1 month of signed contracts.

4. Joel, Avram, Darcy,Edward, Bryan and Kevin will all be wired through their Camen bank accounts huge ridiculous sums of dollars. For Example Joel will get approx £875m-$895m for his 19.87% with no tax implications.

5. Ed Glazer, widely recognised as the worst ever CEO of any elite football club will get £14-15m let that sink in!

6. They are then saying if and when we buy the club we’ll spend the £2bn necessary to restore the club back to the football summit, we’ll make Old Trafford Gold Trafford again and the envy of the football world.

7. There’s nothing more they can do, The Raine group will tell the Glazers had you run the club more successfully and tried to pay the debt rather than take dividends you would have had a more attractive proposition that might be worth £6-7bn now only an oil state can really afford you whether it’s now or 10 years time and by then Qatar may have moved onto another EPL club like like Saudi did so their advice will be take the money.

The last 2 weeks in nutshell:

Jassim : "I propose 5 billion"
Glazers : "I am very sorry sir but that is not the valuation we are looking for. We are very sorry about this good sir"

Glazers : "Hey Jimmy, I want 20% ownership on top of you paying me billions. Take it or leave this place at once"
Jimmy : "Yes milord. 20% you shall have. Do you want me to put on a tutu as well?"

PSG.

Far better run than Utd and most PL clubs have been the last 10 years.

Not a good year for them but they're usually one of the favorites to win the CL and have constructed a few high level teams. And that was all achieved despite the severe handicap of being in Ligue 1.

I have little doubt that PSG would be a machine if they had been in a more competitive league like the PL or La Liga.

Feck me…

Because they're not just bending over and just giving the Glazers the £6 billion they want? when in reality £5 billion is a crazy offer given the neglected state the club is in.

As someone said if they offered £6 billion, the Glazers would be putting it out there that they'll only accept £7 billion
Right, thought that was probably the case... really need these leeches out the club ffs.

Clueless? My opinion is based on careful research and quality sources. I didn’t know much about this so I’ve looked into it and educated myself.
For example did you know Qatar only got independence from Britain in the early 70’s? So in one way Jassim buying the club is just bringing it home. :p
I appreciate that a lot of my posts in this thread seem heavily pro INEOS, but in reality I just want to balance the debate when it is heavily skewed towards the Qatar bid, for what I feel are the wrong reasons. I find all the twerking and euphoria for oil money distasteful and all the personal name calling of Sir Jim puerile and unnecessary.
Obviously, I would be totally opposed to any bid that doesn’t result in a change of ownership, and I don’t want vulture capitalists anywhere near the club.
The ideal is clearly a full sale of the club, but if that doesn’t happen I am pragmatic enough to consider alternatives, even if that involves J&A still owning shares.
But hey, that’s just my opinion and any conflicting opinion held by others is just as valid. It is for people to decide their own position on things and act accordingly.
:lol:

I love you man. Clueless or not :D

If Qatar or Ineos wins (let's be honest, no other scenario is likely), then the Glazers lose control over the club. How will they be able to keep hindering us?
I Qatar win, they'll have nothing to do with the club (if you read that Qatar want 100% ownership)

If Ineos win, again based on the stories that the glazers will still own x% of shares, they'll be taking dividends just like they have done for years. So they'll still be taking money from the club that could instead be invested in whatever we need. Not sure how that could work though as I'd have thought either all share owners get a dividend or there is no dividend - in which case would Ineos start taking dividends as well?

This Brighton love in is starting to grate. They make all the smart signings, they get the best value etc. The fact is, if we’d built Brighton’s team and not Manchester United’s we’d be 8th in the league. We sign better players than Brighton, and as a result, consistently perform better than Brighton.
I'm not arsed trying to respond to all of the people that replied to me, so hopefully they see this. I think it's pretty obvious that I was suggesting we could operate in the manner Brighton do, but at the scale befitting our club. We already generate huge sums of money and have a ridiculous fanbase in terms of size. We only need an owner that doesn't suck the club dry, along with good people running the day to day to be successful. I don't care about what Brighton have literally done, or how they got to the PL, I'm talking about how they have been run in the last few years they have been in the league. How Liverpool were run in recent years could be another comparison.

I don't personally need to be almost winning/winning the league every year to enjoy supporting the club, I'd rather be happy with the ownership over selling out to become another City. People spend all day invalidating everything City have done on this board, yet somehow if we were in their shoes, nothing we won would be tainted? It makes no sense.

It's a phenomenal offer, it not only gives the Glazers a ridiculous profit, but also promises to sort out all the mess they will be leaving behind.

I can't see what more they can do.

This. If the Glazers refuse that offer, Utd fans should properly, TRULY boycott the club.

There should be a proper, prolonged reaction.

One unlike any other thus far.

The Nine Two Foundation has made an offer buying MU that nobody in their right mind can refuse.

It must be one of the better investments ever in such a short time from a private investor. I despise them with passion as owners of United but as investors they have done brilliant. The profit they make is astonishing and out of this world.

I’m too old to take some serious moral stance about rights or wrongs so I will only fasten my seat belt and enjoy the ride.
Woke culture and cancel things is not for me.

Based on this post it doesn't look great.

£3.45bn to the Glazers? The rest made up of the debt and investment, both of which are irrelevant to the actual sale.

Thats £575million per Glazer, which of course is more than they will ever deserve but doesn't seem likely to convince the more resistant ones to budge.

Before someone starts whining about the debt, I am not saying it is irrelevant, only that as far as the sale goes, the Glazers won't care about it, there sole interest is what is on it for them. Debt, investment and the rest mean nothing to them.

Of course, this is only going off what is being reported, which we all know to be wary of butas it's all we have to go off, I don't see why there's any fanfare over it, nor why it's being reported as a world record bid, when as is clearly stated, it's £3.45bn for 69% of the club and even with the £600mn debt figure, it's just over £4bn.

I Qatar win, they'll have nothing to do with the club (if you read that Qatar want 100% ownership)

If Ineos win, again based on the stories that the glazers will still own x% of shares, they'll be taking dividends just like they have done for years. So they'll still be taking money from the club that could instead be invested in whatever we need. Not sure how that could work though as I'd have thought either all share owners get a dividend or there is no dividend - in which case would Ineos start taking dividends as well?

It would be INEOS that decides whether the Glazers and other minority stakeholders can receive dividends or not (and how much), unless the Glazers negotiate this particular issue into the whole deal itself.

It’s even better than that;
1. Qatar are agreeing to buy 100% of the club taking the club off the stock market and allowing them to be far more competitive and efficient in transfer market no NYSE to inform.

2. They agree to pay twice the current share price of $20 and offer 6 entitled parasites a combined $4.4/4.5bn profit on a club their Daddy Bought with £200m in a leveraged buy out that left a debt which is still with the club 18 years on.

3. They have agreed to pay off that £635m club debt with cash not borrowed money and not include that debt in their offer but if they buy the club this will probably be paid within 1 month of signed contracts.

4. Joel, Avram, Darcy,Edward, Bryan and Kevin will all be wired through their Camen bank accounts huge ridiculous sums of dollars. For Example Joel will get approx £875m-$895m for his 19.87% with no tax implications.

5. Ed Glazer, widely recognised as the worst ever CEO of any elite football club will get £14-15m let that sink in!

6. They are then saying if and when we buy the club we’ll spend the £2bn necessary to restore the club back to the football summit, we’ll make Old Trafford Gold Trafford again and the envy of the football world.

7. There’s nothing more they can do, The Raine group will tell the Glazers had you run the club more successfully and tried to pay the debt rather than take dividends you would have had a more attractive proposition that might be worth £6-7bn now only an oil state can really afford you whether it’s now or 10 years time and by then Qatar may have moved onto another EPL club like like Saudi did so their advice will be take the money.

The only thing remotely relevant to the sale is the £3.45bn figure that the Glazers would pocket.

The rest is meaningless to the process, nice for the fans but ultimately meaningless to those who will make the call.

So no, I don't see how it's a great offer.

The only thing remotely relevant to the sale is the £3.45bn figure that the Glazers would pocket.

The rest is meaningless to the process, nice for the fans but ultimately meaningless to those who will make the call.

:wenger:

Not sure where you're going with the whole 'birthright' part, but great post aside from that. Doing well the right way is more enjoyable than winning the league every year due to being the plaything of a state.
Tbh I wanted to stop reading after the birthright and culture part. These statements have no value in football anymore, the likes of Madrid is not the greatest football club in the world becuase of the "birthright" and "culture" of the madridians, it is because the club is a ruthless giant. Of course I agree with the part that doing it organically is much more tasty, but lets be real, that ship has sailed decades ago. If a local fan want to enjoy casual football with no expectations, then Manchester united is not his best option to support. That ship has sailed 7 decades ago when Sir Matt Busby turned united into a European giant.

One hopes that after the transfer is completed, the glazers [redacted] one by one by [redacted] until the [redacted] is [redacted].

Tbh I wanted to stop reading after the birthright and culture part. These statements have no value in football anymore, the likes of Madrid is not the greatest football club in the world becuase of the "birthright" and "culture" of the madridians, it is because the club is a ruthless giant. Of course I agree with the part that doing it organically is much more tasty, but lets be real, that ship has sailed decades ago. If a local fan want to enjoy casual football with no expectations, then Manchester united is not his best option to support. That ship has sailed 7 decades ago when Sir Matt Busby turned united into a European giant.

Such a weird thing to say…

There is still value in supporting a football club for what it is and what its always meant; your birthright, a strong community, culture and identity, a shared experience amongst like minded people. Celebrating those moments of sheer bliss like it's the world cup final and Champions League final rolled into one. If we're outmuscled occasionally by a rich person's plaything or sportwashing project, who cares? A good manager will always find a way. Fergie saw them all off. Chelsea seemed unstoppable in 2006.

And in addition, Chelsea (who can still get relegated this season and City (currently facing 100 plus financial charges and breaches) are hardly adverts for that type of model. Sure, City, in this case might beat those charges but their title will be forever tainted. Even if they win the Treble, they'll never do it like we did.

United fans actively wanting Qatar in makes me feel really uneasy. Aside from the obvious social and political ramifications, we still have no idea what their intentions are.
I have epic, dramatic classical music playing in my head when I read the first bit. I'm feeling things fam.

I think the Glazers are gambling men in addition to being greedy cnuts and are tempted by the idea of continuing to grow the club's value under ETH. That's the only reason they haven't accepted Qatar's bid already.

It's a massive risk for them to take though as there are still question marks over this project. We've been outplayed and outfought too often this season for comfort.

I'm not arsed trying to respond to all of the people that replied to me, so hopefully they see this. I think it's pretty obvious that I was suggesting we could operate in the manner Brighton do, but at the scale befitting our club. We already generate huge sums of money and have a ridiculous fanbase in terms of size. We only need an owner that doesn't suck the club dry, along with good people running the day to day to be successful. I don't care about what Brighton have literally done, or how they got to the PL, I'm talking about how they have been run in the last few years they have been in the league. How Liverpool were run in recent years could be another comparison.

Liverpool and Arsenal have successfully competed with this City superteam, both of them doing so on a budget. We've outspent these 2 clubs even under Glazer ownership. All we need is less money being taken out of the club and a bit of investment + competent people in charge of the footballing decisions (i.e appoint managers with similar philosophies, sign players that fit said philosophy, etc.).

People spend all day invalidating everything City have done on this board, yet somehow if we were in their shoes, nothing we won would be tainted? It makes no sense.

They just make up their rules the way it suits them. :lol: In their eyes, United would be the only state-owned club whose success isn't "hollow".

Qatar seems the best or let’s say least worrying option from a financial/debt point of view.
But can we stop with the desperate attempt to take PSG as example to justify Qatar’s ability to run a successful football club?
They have not just outspent, but clearly outspent everyone in their league.
In England even if we outspend City or Chelsea (which we probably won’t anyway), it will not be by a huge margin. Then there’s also Newcastle.
Translating Qatar’s PSG success to the PL this would mean 3-5th place for United year in year out.
They have been a joke in the CL despite being among Europe’s top spenders.

It's a good deal. They’d be insane to turn it down. But then again, they could actually be mentally unstable.

This Brighton love in is starting to grate. They make all the smart signings, they get the best value etc. The fact is, if we’d built Brighton’s team and not Manchester United’s we’d be 8th in the league. We sign better players than Brighton, and as a result, consistently perform better than Brighton.

People say "we can operate as a top club bla bla bla" then point to Brighton as some sort of corroboration. The team that's 26 points off of the top of the league - had players requesting moves away on twitter midway through the season and with major reports that their star players are looking to engineer moves away in the summer. Cool.

Last edited:

You’re not wrong, but it won’t be a popular opinion. This thread is largely populated by money hungry ostriches. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.