Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a joke but cashing out and buying another club with less exposure would guarantee a bigger ROI than hoping a 6b asset becomes a 12b asset without control of the club right?
I know this is a monstrous deal but it’s not the norm, we would only be the second club in the world to be sold for over 1b and the other club in Chelsea was forced to do it
Take the 2b and buy Spurs. When the new United owners buy huge players and the EPL soars to new heights with the top level competition they would have Spurs value be pulled up behind them
It could be brilliant

Or buy a championship or league one club? Imagine buying up Grimsby... They would give the two bros the keys to the city within 48hrs

A clause that, I imagine, was to protect the siblings from selling out privately and forcibly removing the remaining sibling or siblings from a controlling share.
This has nothing to do with them coming to an agreement for a full or part sale , laughable to think a new buyer/investor would be hoodwinked out of a controlling majority stake.

Sounds like massive bullshit. How can you sell 50% of the stock, only own 19% or whatever and still be in majority control? What’s the fecking clause? Selling fake ownership stake to mugs?

Probably the Class A/B shares. To be fair, this article is from The Athletic and Orny is from TA so its probably the same thing. I dont know what to make of it though.

The noise from the last few weeks. Big difference than the first round when they kept releasing statements of confidence.

They were told to not put any PR out though. Both groups were (Jassim and SJR).

Whats weird is that Keegan who was so good with the Qatari bid broke this news of SJR working with the Glazers. Like I'm starting to think its something put out there to get fans more away from the SJR bid and therefore towards supporting the Qatar one.

Looking less and less likely for Qatar
Is it? To me Ratcliffe's bid that includes 2 of the Glazers staying kind of shows that he is resigned to the fact that he will not be able to match Qatar's bid so this the last card he can play really to try and convince the Glazers.

They were told to not put any PR out though. Both groups were (Jassim and SJR).

Whats weird is that Keegan who was so good with the Qatari bid broke this news of SJR working with the Glazers. Like I'm starting to think its something put out there to get fans more away from the SJR bid and therefore towards supporting the Qatar one.
You do know all interested parties were forced to sign NDA's after that period right?
That never really stopped them tbh and it was mostly because in the beginning their PR statements kind of shat on the Glazers by implying they would be significally better than the previous owners.

Also I really dont think the fans will play much of a part in this. The only impact they might have is when the winner is announced or leaked and they dont like it, there might be one last gasp protest.

As I've been saying all along...

"United’s share price reflects the market view that a full takeover appears unlikely at this stage, given these various methods for Joel and Avram to remain at the club."

As I've been saying all along...

"United’s share price reflects the market view that a full takeover appears unlikely at this stage, given these various methods for Joel and Avram to remain at the club."

This has been brought up time and time again in here. It's a non-issue.

If INEOS is spending billions of dollars on a majority stake, they will amend the share structure as part of the agreement so that they also end up with majority control. They are not stupid.

Dont believe for a minute that the Glazers will remain in majority control if this gets sold. Nobody is paying billions to have them as decision makers. Worst case if they will remain at the club. But they arent ever going to have majority say. That makes no sense if you were selling a fruit and veg stall, let alone a £6 billion asset.

This has been brought up time and time again in here. It's a non-issue.

If INEOS is spending billions of dollars on a majority stake, they will amend the share structure as part of the agreement so that they also end up with majority control. They are not stupid.
Yep. I can’t see why any firm would invest so much money to have no control. If it’s anything but a full sale, there will be a reorg like you said.

Is it? To me Ratcliffe's bid that includes 2 of the Glazers staying kind of shows that he is resigned to the fact that he will not be able to match Qatar's bid so this the last card he can play really to try and convince the Glazers.
This is so close between the two full bids I think in truth both bids are trying to add value where they can, especially with rumours of Qatar offering business ops for the Glazers and NFL incentives for Tampa.
I think it’s always been just the two serious bidders, and the extra round and talk of partial investment/ multiple parties is just the Glazers/Raine trying to get the bids up.
One way or another I think we will see a full sale.

They really seem to want to stay. I think Ratcliffe's bid will be the compromise that's most palatable to them, unfortunately.

Stop believing every single shitty tweet, guys. Your life will be happier for it - trust me.

They can feck off
I think that's what we would all prefer, but if they're left with zero control it's effectively no different from them fecking off completely.

Of course, I'd prefer a Qatar sale as I believe they'd be better positioned than INEOS to compete with the other state-owned clubs, but that's a discussion that's been rehashed in here ad infinitum.

Sounds like massive bullshit. How can you sell 50% of the stock, only own 19% or whatever and still be in majority control? What’s the fecking clause? Selling fake ownership stake to mugs?

That kind of nonsense tweet shows one of three things -

1. The journalist writing it believes they have more business acumen than some of the most successful business minds in the world
2. It is utter clickbait horsecack and deserves to be ignored as such
3. The journalist doesn't have a clue what they are talking about and is making themselves look stupid by posting a scenario that is a complete non starter

Choose whichever you like, none of them paint the journalists in a good light.

Its unbeleivable the sort of shit people are willing to beleive just because a reporter said so, while i am not a fan of Ratcliffe he isn't going to buy out the glazer siblings so that the geniuses joel and avram can run the club, that is the exact same idea these morons had before deciding to sell, PE funds with actual cash in hand passed on that brilliant idea for the 2 idiots, why exactly do people think Ratcliffe would agree to it given he himself needs external funding to buy the club. Frankly i have lost respect for Ornstein he has taken 2+2 and returned with 698 here.

Last edited:
This is so close between the two full bids I think in truth both bids are trying to add value where they can, especially with rumours of Qatar offering business ops for the Glazers and NFL incentives for Tampa.
I think it’s always been just the two serious bidders, and the extra round and talk of partial investment/ multiple parties is just the Glazers/Raine trying to get the bids up.
One way or another I think we will see a full sale.
It probably is close because neither side want to overpay for obvious reasons. But to me it looks like Ratcliffe was not very confident of his bid winning (or he was let known of that) and he is trying to improve the bid by not having to actually spend more money, which makes sense. Meanwhile Qataris seem to still be relatively confident of their "100%" bid. At this stage I am fine with whatever as long as it's a full sale and the Glazers not having any meaningful decision making rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.