Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you not allowed to make threads or something?
Calm down sweetie, I was being flippant. It just feels like 25% of posts here are reiterating the same point again and again. I don't actually think it merits its own thread.
Is this not just part of the discussion that this thread is meant for? Just because it's a slightly different aspect of the sale doesn't need yet another thread.
As above.

His father , his bank , his investment group?
Doubt it will be hard for him.
He's chairman of a bank that makes $2bn in revenue, he's not a major shareholder in it anyway, while the 92 Foundation doesn't currently exist as far as I'm aware so those 2 options aren't there. The Glazer family and Raine won't care if the money is coming primarily from the state or from other investors though as long as they get comfort that the funds genuinely are there. Whether there would be questions from other clubs if it becomes more evident that it's a state bid is another matter but I would sceptical about that as well.

I think its more so a case of the fan base being desparate for them to leave, which makes any story suggesting they may stay, appear as though its advocating as such.
I see your point, but even if it wasn't a case of them seeming desperate for it, every story that they do on it seems to be about the Glazers staying. They at least seem quite convinced that will be the outcome

Who and when we expecting the confirmation of the first of the Qatar/INEOS bids we thinking?

9:45pm, INEOS I’m thinking

INEOS are favourites for this you all know. The Glazers would have took note of how he actually came to visit the club.

He’ll be on better terms with them than the Qatari’s are as a bonus.

I think they might see him as the more passionate owner and have a chance to get in fans good books at the same time owning a part of the club if it becomes successful.

Deluded but I guarantee that’s their mode of thinking.

I’m not gonna twerk for Qatar even if it’s the best offer. Neither is the best case scenario. The thought of United in a gulf states hands does sicken me slightly.

It seems that because City sold their soul it’s suddenly okay for us to also and yes it will tarnish our club longterm. No doubt about it.

INEOS are favourites for this you all know. The Glazers would have took note of how he actually came to visit the club.

I think they might see him as the more passionate owner and have a chance to get in fans good books at the same time owning a part of the club if it becomes successful.

They don't give a feck about the club or the fans, therefore they won't give a toss about who comes across as the more passionate owner (ignoring the fact that most fans, not me admittedly, are gagging for Qatari state ownership). They will take the bid that makes them the most money, either the Qataris will make a huge bid now to buy the whole thing which will convince them to all sell or Ratcliffe will make a bid that leaves them with a minority stake now with the idea that the club's value will increase over time and that stake will make them more money in the future.

I’m not gonna twerk for Qatar even if it’s the best offer. Neither is the best case scenario. The thought of United in a gulf states hands does sicken me slightly.

It seems that because City sold their soul it’s suddenly okay for us to also and yes it will tarnish our club longterm. No doubt about it.
Weren't there rumors that the Qataris would go ahead with the streaming broadcast of the Glazers's American football(or baseball?) in Qatar as a bonus?

10:30pm - "Both bidders have been granted an extra 2 weeks to submit their final bids third bids, before the fourth round commences in September, with the fifth round and wet t-shirt contest scheduled for the New Year."
Changed it slightly.

Biggest fear now is that they come in and sack ETH. There aren't a big pool of talented mgmt out there. Seems like the kinda stupid thing someone would do
Tends to be the upper management that goes first. And if they bring in football people/top decision makers, Ten Hag's job will probably be more safe than any player at the club. He's the one thing any regime with brains would look at and go "well he's a starting point in the uprise."

Thing is, though, football is going that way. And there's going to be no soul left in any club. Look at Barcelona. Look at that farce of a world cup. Look at how everyone had their bellys tickled over a Super League. The game is getting sold. The bottom line is two expense for millionaire owners, and sadly everyone is going to be taken with it whether its now or 5 years from now. Not disagreeing with you, just pointing out we barely have a soul left anyway.

He's chairman of a bank that makes $2bn in revenue, he's not a major shareholder in it anyway, while the 92 Foundation doesn't currently exist as far as I'm aware so those 2 options aren't there. The Glazer family and Raine won't care if the money is coming primarily from the state or from other investors though as long as they get comfort that the funds genuinely are there. Whether there would be questions from other clubs if it becomes more evident that it's a state bid is another matter but I would sceptical about that as well.
So you genuinely think he will have a proof of funds issue?
Come on mate...

So you genuinely think he will have a proof of funds issue?
Come on mate...
Nope, I just said that they won't be coming through him being the chairman of a bank or through a foundation that doesn't currently exist. I'm sure there there will be a way of proving them.

So once we have our giant virtue signalling flag and spend the next decade falling further behind, hoping for the odd top 4.

We can stand there and shout it at them after they move on to the next club and for example turn Liverpool back into a European powerhouse.

It’s long passed pretending football is suddenly gonna get morals and not sell out to the highest bidder. Only have to look at the state of the governing bodies interpretation of football rule to see they are clueless and not interested in what the people who love the game want.

The people you are expecting to save the game are the same people who think you should get into the champions league just because your a legacy team.

There’s a court case going on right now in the US where the Saudis are claiming that the people that own newcastle are part of the royal kingdom so have diplomatic immunity. The premier league is telling us they had guaranteed assurances this was not the case.

the whole thing is laughable.

Please... You think ratcliffe showing up is worth a few hundred million to the Glazers? Are you new to the club?

Calm down sweetie, I was being flippant. It just feels like 25% of posts here are reiterating the same point again and again. I don't actually think it merits its own thread.

As above.

Alright, understood. Sweetie.

This post is complete BS. The Glazers will sell to whoever makes them the most money. It really is that simple.

They don't care about the fans, the club's future or if SJR has a bigger penis than Jassim. It's all about the bottom line.

I agree with you re: gulf states owning us. But Ratty isn't much better, he's a ruthless businessman who is successful due to being a cnut as well.

No billionaires are good billionaires.

Biggest fear now is that they come in and sack ETH. There aren't a big pool of talented mgmt out there. Seems like the kinda stupid thing someone would do
There shouldn’t be any concern about that happening unless he fails to make the top 4, then you can say there’s a risk. It doesn’t make sense for new owners to come in and make a universally unappreciated decision unless there’s massive due cause for it.

People forgetting about Ratcliffe's offer... even if he only offers for a controlling stake and let's Avram and Joel stay on, that offer is still less money for the other siblings than what Jassim is offering (as far as we can assume based on the numbers floating around)

And the Glazers take the money and buy up Liverpool. That would be the perfect outcome of this sale.
I know this is a joke but cashing out and buying another club with less exposure would guarantee a bigger ROI than hoping a 6b asset becomes a 12b asset without control of the club right?
I know this is a monstrous deal but it’s not the norm, we would only be the second club in the world to be sold for over 1b and the other club in Chelsea was forced to do it
Take the 2b and buy Spurs. When the new United owners buy huge players and the EPL soars to new heights with the top level competition they would have Spurs value be pulled up behind them
It could be brilliant

So once we have our giant virtue signalling flag and spend the next decade falling further behind, hoping for the odd top 4.

We can stand there and shout it at them after they move on to the next club and for example turn Liverpool back into a European powerhouse.

It’s long passed pretending football is suddenly gonna get morals and not sell out to the highest bidder. Only have to look at the state of the governing bodies interpretation of football rule to see they are clueless and not interested in what the people who love the game want.

The people you are expecting to save the game are the same people who think you should get into the champions league just because your a legacy team.

There’s a court case going on right now in the US where the Saudis are claiming that the people that own newcastle are part of the royal kingdom so have diplomatic immunity. The premier league is telling us they had guaranteed assurances this was not the case.

the whole thing is laughable.
The reality on the ground. Very unfortunate from a football point of view. Sugar dady = success. Therefore Qatar it is. Let's not pretend to be saints.

More like they get to make a bucket load of money, keep making a bucket load of money and stick their fingers up to all the anti-glazer fans (pretty much all of us), they get their cake and eat it!
The only reason the Glazer's want success for Utd is more money, not adulation, otherwise I am sure they would happily tank us for all the hatred they are shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.