Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazers with the classic flight of the Conchords 'now double it' method of negotiation...

The valuation seems to increase with every round. Wasn't it 6b$ before?

Really hope the Qataris are able to meet the Glazers' 8B valuation. If they don't offer the full 10B, there's a risk they might not win. So they should go ahead and bid 15B for the club. Anything less would be derisory.

Reactions: Invictus
[
Laurie Whitwell (and The Athletic in general) comes across really desperate for the Glazers to stay.

Every story is about them staying. They need to get a room

I'm sorry but this is nonsense.

I'm no stan for any journalist but I've seen nothing but fair reporting from Laurie Whitwell.

I hate to be a pessimist, but I can see that both SJR and Glazers would benefit from a deal keeping the Glazers around,

The structure would change, Ineos would have the majority of the voting rights, save money on buying all of the Glazers out and put it into the stadium, Joel and Avram get to stay and have a free ride, especially when they are very reluctant to sell, also they think the clubs value will be a lot higher in the near future. Essentially it’s a win/win for both SJR and Glazers, and a big loss for us fans..

I have to admit though, I have a very simplistic idea on how big cooperations operate, I’m just guessing based on my basic understanding.. I sincerely hope that I am wrong.

Another negative for the Qatari bid is that transfers will likely only occur in the final hours of transfer deadline day

#lastminutebid

Still think it’s Qatar, it all feels like it’s been played to try and get them to show their hand or lose their cool and just throw all the money on the table and they ain’t falling for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.