Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't accept this.

To be fair to Ornstein, he's sports reporter and can't be expected to understand much outside of the world of football, but that is a pretty embarrassing take and demonstrates that unless he's talking about a transfer, he simply is not worth listening to.

To be fair to Ornstein, he's sports reporter and can't be expected to understand much outside of the world of football, but that is a pretty embarrassing take and demonstrates that unless he's talking about a transfer, he simply is not worth listening to.
I don't think he can be excused and I don't think he is being Naive either he is just trying to be sensationalist by raising bogey of Glazer's retaining control by picking and choosing certain elements of sale process to drive traffic .

Feeling down in the dumps about Utd today. Covid isn’t helping. Come on glazer cnuts just accept Qatar and end this pain for all involved.

Massive day for the future of our club today, to be honest, Ive pushed the draw with spurs to the back of my mind, its nothing compared with this.

I dont think well get much news at all until much later on or even Tuesday since the bidders were slapped on the wrist already for making statements.

Feeling down in the dumps about Utd today. Covid isn’t helping. Come on glazer cnuts just accept Qatar and end this pain for all involved.

I don’t think anything will be agreed today. Just the bidders submitting their best & final offer which Rainie will present to the Glazers. The Glazers will take all the time in the world to make a decision on what they go for.

From day 1 just about everything Ratcliffe has said or leaked has made him an ever less appealing potential owner. A year ago he was widely viewed as a potential saviour, now he is signing up to billions of new debt to Wall Street and offering to get into bed with the Glazers just to secure partial ownership.

feck him. Bring on Qatar which is a better offering on and off the pitch

Doesn’t matter how long it takes to finalise the deal after this or who takes us over, today is one of the most important days in the clubs history.

I hope today we get more details about all the bids. INEOS bid is quite straight forward. The rest is still unclear including SJ bid. But I still believe Qatar islamic bank is buying the club via the 92 foundation. I dont think sheik Hamad (Jassim's father) want to invest in football.

Doubt if it will be the bank that's buying united. I think will be a consortium of different interests from media to property, private investors plus possible state funds if needed.

Chances of announcement before the Season Ticket renewal deadline next week?

I may actually batter one of those reporters some day. You have to be a special kind of moron to call this takeover, protracted.

I think the hacks are basing it off of Chelsea last year which was a rushed process by UK Government to wash their hands of a Putin crony, so therefore every takeover should go as fast.

The next two weeks or so will decide where this club goes massively.

Will we be sold? Will we make top 4.

Need both of those answers to be yes

The next two weeks or so will decide where this club goes massively.

Will we be sold? Will we make top 4.

Need both of those answers to be yes
If Qatar buy us then bottling top 4 won't be disastrous. It will be if any other outcome happens.

Can't accept this.

SJR will have the bigger say however that 20% owned by the Glazers will be more powerful then many think. I can see a possibility where SJR kicks the bucket and the Glazers end up being the favourites to buy us back

No to J.R. anyone promoting Brexit as a good move does not get my support. Also sketchy details about O.T. debt and keeping the rats in tow is not acceptable.

SJR will have the bigger say however that 20% owned by the Glazers will be more powerful then many think. I can see a possibility where SJR kicks the bucket and the Glazers end up being the favourites to buy us back

I read in the FT that they expect INEOS to be bought up by one of the Big OIls in the next five years.

No to J.R. anyone promoting Brexit as a good move does not get my support. Also sketchy details about O.T. debt and keeping the rats in tow is not acceptable.

You can somewhat respect the views of some brexiteers. But folks like Ratcliff promoted Brexit who later went ahead to live abroad; in a tax haven and shifted his companies overseas are the worst.

So is the current thinking that Qatar will put in one bid, Ratcliffe might potentially submit two different ones, and then there's at least two options for funding sans takeover?

I read in the FT that they expect INEOS to be bought up by one of the Big OIls in the next five years.

So why the feck is SJR going into this?. He should enjoy his retirement rather then play football manager with our club

After Ratcliffe sided with the leeches I don't care about being state backed whatsoever whereas until then I would have accepted him
Yep, same. I was team Jim up until that point really, though the lack of clarity around infrastructure spend / debt had me a little worried. But feck any deal that keeps those slimy twats around this club any longer.

What I truly don't understand is why these ultra rich gargoyles have such a hard on more 'MORE'. Is a few hundred million each for doing nothing not enough? Why hang on another 10 years to turn that into a Bill, feck me.

Cash it in and treat yourself to a hair transplant you ghouls.

So why the feck is SJR going into this?. He should enjoy his retirement rather then play football manager with our club
Yep, I’m sure that’s his intention. You don’t think he could do that with Nice or Lausanne if that’s all he wants?
If anybody is going to be playing FM it’s then the Qataris buying whoever they like money no object and assembling a galacticos squad.

After reading Sir Jim proposals, I've changed my stand on the Qatari take over, they represent our best option.

We've been bleed dry by those Leech of owners known as the Glazers, part of Sir Jim's proposals is for the Glazers cnuts to retain about 24% stake which would see them own shares and continually take out dividend, which would sink us even futher, if that is ever allowed to happen we are fecked.

I'll be glad if the Qatari just blow them out of the waters with a crazy bid just to get this sorted as quick as possible.

We need to invest in the team, equip ETH with at least 4-5 players to replace some of our first 11, by so doing relegate some current first 11 to replace those on the bench

Not to mention the rebuilding of the stadium and other infrastructures, we desperately need the Qatari in before the end of May if we want to see some much needed ruthlessness in our quest for Glory and Success, other wise we'll go decades without seeing any real success in terms of on pitch ambition or infrastructural developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.