Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still reckon if Jim wins with his bid that sees Joel and Avram stay it will be a deal that reworks how the shared work.

I don't see him owning over 50% of the club but agreeing to not have majority say in the club.

Then what's the benefit to them of staying?

It's been reported for years that these two love Football and don't want to sell, it's the others that want to sell. And the benefit is the same than with every other minority shareholders on earth it's generally about being involved in something they like, as long term investment or both.

Then what's the benefit to them of staying?
It's been reported that they believe the Super League is inevitable and as a result, there's still plenty of room for the market (and the club's valuation) to grow. So they don't want to leave money on the table and miss out on that growth.

Ineos sponsership sidings at Spurs. Sir Jim loves his London clubs, maybe Goldman Sachs will buy him one

Aren’t the Glazer’s and Ratcliffe good friends? It’s no surprise he’s licking their rings to gain an advantage.

Yeah, but we don't know how the A/B shares thing actually works.

If it were as simple as you suggest, we wouldn't be talking about Joel and/or Avram.

Because no buyer would have to worry about them - they could just buy out the others and presto.

ETA Joel and Avram are minority share holders as such. And they also own a minority of the shares owned by the Glazer family as such (the other siblings own a majority of the Glazer family shares).

So, again - just buy the shares not owned by Joel and Avram...and presto.

Only - not presto. Because it doesn't work like that. Or it may not work like that.

Based on what we know about the A/B thing, if Joel and Avram refuse to sell - they can actually remain in control of United even if the others decide to sell.
Rat or Qataris are not going to be that naive to accept A shares. They will demand B or no buyout

Rat or Qataris are not going to be that naive to accept A shares. They will demand B or no buyout
Yeah, this is a non-issue. Nobody is buying a majority stake in the club without also ensuring they are getting full control.

Yep, agreed.

I hate that our best apparent option is rights abusing oil money, but it is what it is.

The option appears to be take the money and have a chance at a healthy club, or continue to watch us flounder, crushed by mounting debt and parasitic owners.

It's real shitty. Feck the premier league for allowing it to happen in the first place.

After Ratcliffe sided with the leeches I don't care about being state backed whatsoever whereas until then I would have accepted him

Of course it's hypothetical but it could still be an option for the reasons stated above. Glazers owning 20% of the club wouldn't stop Qatar doing what they wanted.

All I'm saying is if in the next few days we hear Qatar are acting in a similar way then I hope you bring the same noise down on them.

And also...let's not forget this is all the say of Mike Keegan. We don't know how many different bids Sir Jim has given. He may well prefer to get 100% of the club for what we know

Oh yeah I would fully slam Qatar for making the same diabolical proposal,however my gut feeling is they are only interested in 100% full control

After Ratcliffe sided with the leeches I don't care about being state backed whatsoever whereas until then I would have accepted him
I looked at our bench tonight and couldn’t care less about Ratcliffe bs Bid, he’ll make sure it’s just as average, Newcastle are coming, they’ve already made very good signings and they are scoring goals because they’ve got options, 2 decent CF’s, 3 or 4 decent wingers and goals from midfield, we don’t even have a fit CF let alone two. They’ll make 4 or 5 signings next season and 3 or 4 will improve them again, I want Middle East ownership as I’m fed up of morons running the club as a vanity exercise just to say they own Man United where as it seems Middle East owners want to win and they want to win at all costs.

I looked at our bench tonight and couldn’t care less about Ratcliffe bs Bid, he’ll make sure it’s just as average, Newcastle are coming, they’ve already made very good signings and they are scoring goals because they’ve got options, 2 decent CF’s, 3 or 4 decent wingers and goals from midfield, we don’t even have a fit CF let alone two. They’ll make 4 or 5 signings next season and 3 or 4 will improve them again, I want Middle East ownership as I’m fed up of morons running the club as a vanity exercise just to say they own Man United where as it seems Middle East owners want to win and they want to win at all costs.

Welcome to the Q, Woz!!

Its funny.... at AFTV, whenever Arsenal loses Don Robbie's bank account grows. Here, whenever we lose (and it was a loss last night) the Q brigade grows.

Like I have said many times in the past any kind of state ownership should have been stopped years ago,however the government just let it slide with Chelsea & City so now it's way too late.

So soon we’ll hear about the bids, I wonder if we can a clearer picture tomorrow on what’s going on, I’m nervous about this, I really hope Glazers don’t stay on, this is our only chance to get rid of them in the foreseeable future.

So soon we’ll hear about the bids, I wonder if we can a clearer picture tomorrow on what’s going on, I’m nervous about this, I really hope Glazers don’t stay on, this is our only chance to get rid of them in the foreseeable future.

Yeah if you don't want the protests on Sunday Utd then announce Jassim has exclusivity,anything else and expect there to be smoke bombs

I know the Glazers are clowns. But at least they should have the sense to ask for PDF instead of docx.

Not if they are still running on Win95 which Adobe isn't supporting anymore --- something they are used to. But apparently, Jim's helping them out on his Win XP platform.

I still reckon if Jim wins with his bid that sees Joel and Avram stay it will be a deal that reworks how the shared work.

I don't see him owning over 50% of the club but agreeing to not have majority say in the club.
If he buys the other 4 siblings, he will end up with 62% of voting rights in the club. So he will be in control, the question I feel people should be asking is why would the 2 dumb morons go for it as their shares will lose a lot of value given they lose any control premium attached to them. Heck I feel there is a good chance ratcliffe will want the 2 jokers to sell some of their shares as well to get himself 2/3 majority, so sticking around really doesn't help the 2 idiots unless they truly in their deluded minds think united will magically end up doubling in value in 5-7 years.

If he buys the other 4 siblings, he will end up with 62% of voting rights in the club. So he will be in control, the question I feel people should be asking is why would the 2 dumb morons go for it as their shares will lose a lot of value given they lose any control premium attached to them. Heck I feel there is a good chance ratcliffe will want the 2 jokers to sell some of their shares as well to get himself 2/3 majority, so sticking around really doesn't help the 2 idiots unless they truly in their deluded minds think united will magically end up doubling in value in 5-7 years.

Why? They love united deeply.

Current stage:
Final_bid.docx

Next stages:
Final_bid_2.docx
FINAL_final_bid.docx
FINAL_BID_serious.docx
FINAL_BID_serious2.docx

Oh no, it's Attack on Titan all over again!

Final bids: Final deadline Part 3.

I hope today we get more details about all the bids. INEOS bid is quite straight forward. The rest is still unclear including SJ bid. But I still believe Qatar islamic bank is buying the club via the 92 foundation. I dont think sheik Hamad (Jassim's father) want to invest in football.

I don't buy that INEOS and especially Ratcliffe would put such a sizeable amount of money into the club without also taking at least majority control of it.

I'm no expert on the matter, so maybe I'm wrong, but surely that clause would be subject to negotiation? I don't see what the benefit to Ratcliffe of allowing Joel and Avram to maintain control of the club would be, unless he thinks they'd relinquish their shares in the near future as well.

Why? Genuinely.
If Ratcliffe or Qatar wanted to buy Class A shares they would have just bought them from the stock exchange at a much lower price to what they are spending, the offer is based on common sense that class b shares with actual voting rights will be sold to the buyer and the club will change rules that require that class b shares be held by glazers only. If we are to beleive ornstein's bs Ratcliffe is willing to spend billions so that joel and avram can control the club and run it as they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.