Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
"not their job titles" :lol: :mad:

But thank you for the levels!

First of all there's 4 in the structure above Ten Hag currently.

People forget Andy O'Boyle.

I will be giving you job titles because it will make things a bit clearer and your six, you don't care.

Berrarda-CEO: Overall control of the sporting and commercial side. He reports to the board (which also means as with Arnold that he will get a seat on the board). He will agree with the board a vision (you will see vision a lot) that vision will cover aspirations for the team, a playing style (though not always)etc. He will be involved in commercial opportunities and controlling how the budget is spent to implement the vision. In the future (if of course he is good enough at his job that any failure is not attributed directly at him) he will make decisions on positions below him. If anything like City's structure he will hold discussion with Manager, DOF, and technical directors on transfer business and has a veto in Ashworths traffic light system for transfers and sales. (More on that in a second).

Ashworth-Director of Football: Its his job to implement the vision across the various departments. He does that in several ways, initially communicating that vision to multiple departments (First team, Reserves, Youth, medical etc you get the picture) hiring for positions where we have vacancies or it's needed (so for example we may still yet hire a head of recruitment that understands and can implement the vision). To support that he will also have a way of working that runs adjacent, so as an example he may have a Manchester United DNA (a philosophy and style of play that compliments the vision simplified to get it across to multiple departments as well as new signings, coaches, the CEO) and the traffic light system, which is a way of working with key figures within the club to ensure no-one can say they disagree with a decision made regarding coach hires and transfers. The traffic light system works as follows-Berrarda, Ashworth, Head of Recruitment, Wilcox and Manager meet up and head of recruitment says right guys I have found five players for x position. This is the top guy what do you think. If all agree then they agree (ie green light) disagreement and discussion would come from that. You might say right I want you to scout this player some more (Amber light) or let's look at other options (red light).

Andy O'Boyle-Deputy DOF: Technically not his role, blame Murtough for being a half ass when it comes to job descriptions. Andy O'Boyle is in charge of the medical and fitness side of things. He's there to make sure everything is working as intended, get rid of the shite, improve working practices and fill vacancies/strengthen positions under him.

Jason Wilcox-Technical Director: So we have a vision and some DNA, but from a sporting perspective how do we get that across at youth level up to first team, that's where Wilcox comes in. From the vision and DNA Wilcox has to come up with a game model that all players from youth to first team are comfortable with. But it's not his job to coach that, he is in charge of getting it across to the coaches to translate into a workable tactic for the team, and strengthen coaching roles etc he also is in charge of transition between the setups identifying players that should be promoted to the first team etc giving loan manager names of players to send out for game time etc.

So yeah some would say too many cooks, but each one is at the head of different departments with Berrarda and Ashworth orchestrating how it all glues together. A lot of clubs are moving to this model because they work very well to spread work load and work optimally, and once its up and running in theory you should always have a conveyor of talent at playing level, coaching level, director level to replace any departures, to sell for profit and to continue the vision.

In his short time here, SJR has implemented the much needed changes rapidly and efficiently

1) The 4 most important appointments for our football structure are completed -Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox and ETH within a few months.

2) Carrington upgrading works

3) Proposal to build new stadium

4) Revamp of medical, recruitment and scouting department

Now, hope they are as good in player transfer too (selling & buying).

Let the new era begin. I’m genuinely intrigued and excited. Brighton & Newcastle made some great signings especially from South America. I expect we’ll be not only be beating those two to those players but also be able to at least try and bid for the next Vinicius Junior etc that comes out of South America

Let the new era begin. I’m genuinely intrigued and excited. Brighton & Newcastle made some great signings especially from South America. I expect we’ll be not only be beating those two to those players but also be able to at least try and bid for the next Vinicius Junior etc that comes out of South America

Who did Newcastle sign from South America?

Seems as though waiting it out worked to our benefit in the end, fair play

I am putting out a challenge to help educate me. Could someone explain to me like I'm a 6 year old, what the 3 new guys will be doing? Not their job titles, but what will they actually be doing.

Berrada

Wilcox

Ashworth

Also, are they all at the same level? Or will Wilcox (for example) be reporting to Ashworth who will be reporting to Berrada who will be reporting to Sir Jim/INEOS/The Board.
Berrada is like Santa, handing out all of the orders to his elves.

Ashworth is the head Elf. He kicks the shit out of the other elves if they don't do what Santa has ordered them to. He will occasionally give his own orders for things that Santa doesn't really have time to do, such as when the elves are allowed to sleep or take a shit.

Wilcox is the guy with a knife. He wanders around randomly stabbing the rest of the elves in the shins because he finds it funny. His main job is to teach the younger elves how to properly gouge out someone's eyeballs. He's a maverick that follows his own rules, and doesn't need to follow Berrada or Ashworth's commands unless something goes horribly wrong.

Woodward is still in Santa's grotto as well, under the floorboards eating dead cats that crawled in and couldn't escape his wanker's grip. On quiet nights you can hear the sound of the wind whispering "regional pot noodle sponsor".

Ashworth is the head Elf. He kicks the shit out of the other elves if they don't do what Santa has ordered them to. He will occasionally give his own orders for things that Santa doesn't really have time to do, such as when the elves are allowed to sleep or take a shit.

Wilcox is the guy with a knife. He wanders around randomly stabbing the rest of the elves in the shins because he finds it funny. His main job is to teach the younger elves how to properly gouge out someone's eyeballs. He's a maverick that follows his own rules, and doesn't need to follow Berrada or Ashworth's commands unless something goes horribly wrong.

Woodward is still in Santa's grotto as well, under the floorboards eating dead cats that crawled in and couldn't escape his wanker's grip. On quiet nights you can hear the sound of the wind whispering "regional pot noodle sponsor".

How about the actual version now?

You know some very smart 6 year olds (or I know some dumb ones!).

Wilcox is the guy with a knife. He wanders around randomly stabbing the rest of the elves in the shins because he finds it funny. His main job is to teach the younger elves how to properly gouge out someone's eyeballs.

Thank you.

Explain in Game Of Thrones terms

Ironic that the first to be signed (Berrada) with little fuss is the one that ends up starting the latest. He still doesn’t begin until July 13th.

Who did Newcastle sign from South America?
My mistake. The one I was thinking of arrived before Ashworth. But still throughout Europe he’s bought some great players to Newcastle, my favourite being Isak

My mistake. The one I was thinking of arrived before Ashworth. But still throughout Europe he’s bought some great players to Newcastle, my favourite being Isak
And Guimaeres is a decent one

Fair play they are getting shit done.

They've been getting things done from day 1. I'm not Jim's biggest fan, but there has been clear progress for everyone to see. The issue is that fans have unrealistic expectations and aren't giving themselves breathing room and time to let things settle.

Ineos and SJR are doing exceptionelly well so far. If anyone would have predicted these moves 6 months ago we would have laughed it off as impossible

If Brailsford, Blanc, Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox & Vivell can all work together and bring their quality from their previous jobs to us then we have a very good chance to have so good times on the pitch again.

:lol:

It's peculiar from the outside looking on. It seems they've gone from the precipice of sacking ETH, to building the whole club around him and continuing along the same path. If they get it wrong and Ten Hag isn't up to scratch, we're going to be left in an even bigger hole really. But like I said when they were carrying out their review, if they decided to stick with him then they have to back him and live or die on their sword. It's got the ingredients for a real shit show if it doesn't go to plan, as the same fans who changed their mind on Ten Hag after the final will be out in droves asking why they didn't sack him at the end of the season.

It's definitely not the approach I thought we'd take.

Why not? The approach is clearly : Sign players to suit the club for a 5 year window, if the manager doesn’t deliver results that reflect the playing staff available, change him

Fair play to them . Let's see who they recruit and ship out . That's what is going to make the difference

-------------------- Brailsford --------------------

J. Glazer -- Blanc -- Ashworth -- A. Glazer

Ratcliffe -- Fletcher -- O'Boyle -- Wilcox

-------------------- Berrada --------------------

-------------------- Vivell --------------------

Quite a strong lineup

If Brailsford, Blanc, Berrada, Ashworth, Wilcox & Vivell can all work together and bring their quality from their previous jobs to us then we have a very good chance to have so good times on the pitch again.
I can’t help but feel that that’s a lot of egos in one room and we’re over-complicating this.

Status
Not open for further replies.