Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am. I didn't insult you. I implied it's not based on anything. You've attributed egos to people you know very little about.
You think it’s strange to think that people who have achieved success elsewhere won’t have strong opinions about how things should be; which might put them in opposition with others who feel the same way? That’s a pretty innocuous observation. Dunno why you’re taking it so personally. Is one of them your mum?

You think it’s strange to think that people who have achieved success elsewhere won’t have strong opinions about how things should be; which might put them in opposition with others who feel the same way? That’s a pretty innocuous observation. Dunno why you’re taking it so personally. Is one of them your mum?

In what way have I taken it personally? I've responded to something I see very little sense in. It's what tends to happen on forums.

I don't think agree on that first point, no. They're all in different positions and are experienced working in such an environment. If they were unable to find common ground and compromises I don't think they'd be this highly regarded.

In what way have I taken it personally? I've responded to something I see very little sense in. It's what tends to happen on forums.

I don't think agree on that first point, no. They're all in different positions and are experienced working in such an environment. If they were unable to find common ground and compromises I don't think they'd be this highly regarded.
I just find it strange that you act so aggressively to someone simply suggesting there’s a possibility that things might not work out perfectly. As if there’s always been a 100% success rate for previously successful people joining new organisations, when that clearly hasn’t been the case. Anyway, have a good day.

I can’t help but feel that that’s a lot of egos in one room and we’re over-complicating this.

They’ve all worked in similar environments and in similar structures at the clubs they’ve came from.
United have been so far behind the other big teams in Europe but this is how you run an elite club.

I just find it strange that you act so aggressively to someone simply suggesting there’s a possibility that things might not work out perfectly. As if there’s always been a 100% success rate for previously successful people joining new organisations, when that clearly hasn’t been the case. Anyway, have a good day.

Aggressively :lol:

Yes, because nothing quite says ‘calm and nonchalant’ than the laughing face emoji

Yeah because there's only aggressive and calm and nonchalant. Nothing inbetween. You're going off topic so please stop now it's making me feel very aggressive.

I can’t help but feel that that’s a lot of egos in one room and we’re over-complicating this.

I kind of see your point. The best teams in business have a balance of people, not everyone needs to be a super strong personality. You need the odd water carrier. On the other hand, if you're establishing a new team it makes sense to go for the best available option in every role and just tweak it over time. Its hard to establish the personality of a group entirely from scratch.

It's good to have strong opinions, it's also good that other people challenge these also, you don't want a room of yes men or women

It's quite respectable that in short period they got the staff they wanted to recruit. From setting up club structure to retaining ETH...good going so far. Let's see how transfers go this summer.

We can’t exactly operate without a CEO, DOF, Technical director or recruitment chief. They’re all important roles.

Berrada on the commercial side. Ashworth will be chief of sporting side. Wilcox will likely focus on the first team strategy. Vivell will focus on recruitment.

Blanc doesn’t need to be discussed all that much because he is CEO of INEOS Sport, so his time will be split between 3 clubs.

Blanc doesn’t need to be discussed all that much because he is CEO of INEOS Sport, so his time will be split between 3 clubs.
Actually that would be an issue. UEFA doesn't allow people to be involved with the operation of multiple clubs in the same competition. He can't work for both Nice and Manchester when both are in the Europa League.

That probably also eases the problem of "too many egos" - they are required by UEFA rules not to get to involved everywhere.

Well, there's the structure. Hopefully better times to come, though I won't trust United until they actually deliver some significant success.

The structure is all very well and good but I'm intrigued as to what they thought about the amount of injuries in their end of season review, and whether they will make any changes in that department to ensure we don't have another hellish season.

The structure is all very well and good but I'm intrigued as to what they thought about the amount of injuries in their end of season review, and whether they will make any changes in that department to ensure we don't have another hellish season.

Oh yeah I am absolutely certain that they will want a thorough investigation into the medical department

The new tunnel will have an extensive led walkway, with adverts and moments from United's past playing before the game or key feck ups from our said opponents. Tunnel will also have a automatic retractable roof.

Only United fans could criticise the club for making changes to the tunnel.

It's mad that people dont understand that short to medium term planning needs to happen in addition to longer term planning.

Only United fans could criticise the club for making changes to the tunnel.

It's mad that people dont understand that short to medium term planning needs to happen in addition to longer term planning.
United fans have the special ability (and need) to criticize anything and anyone. A really joyous bunch

I rather have them challenge each other than a bunch of yes men, we tried that and that didnt work..

and

What kind of bs is this?

They won't be in one room mate and it's normal to have the same roles at all top level clubs. But the way the media are presenting it can be confusing especially for fans.

But if I was to give you my opinion on things, I'd say only focus on the roles of Dan Ashworth and the recruitment director who will both be involved directly on the football side of the club. As a football fan the rest of the roles are not really important to understand, maybe with the exception of Omar Berrarda who will probably oversee the negotiations.

So for me it's about the dynamic between Ashworth, the recruitment team, analysts and the data science team led by Dominic Jordan. I wouldn't even worry about the suits at board room level, they aren't really directly part of the football structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.