Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we some movement in the window this week. Bloody difficult considering many targets will be at the Euros and so on, but still thought there would have been some more movement than there has been. News on outgoings would be welcome too.

Some outgoing will be really nice. AWB, Lindelof, Pellestri, Hannibal, Mason, Sancho...let's get the ball rolling.

Some outgoing will be really nice. AWB, Lindelof, Pellestri, Hannibal, Mason, Sancho...let's get the ball rolling.

Yep have seen links to a few of them but nothing concrete in terms of an offer yet.

10m Lindelof
15m AWB
10m Pellestri
40m Mason
40m Sancho

That would be 115m in which would give us a transfer boost. We need these deals done early, so we can plan our incomings.

Yep have seen links to a few of them but nothing concrete in terms of an offer yet.

10m Lindelof
15m AWB
10m Pellestri
40m Mason
40m Sancho

That would be 115m in which would give us a transfer boost. We need these deals done early, so we can plan our incomings.
Most of those players would, but Sancho is a problem. He should have a book value of about 30m considering amortization over his five year contract. So 30m is the baseline fee that's necessary to not count him as a loss, only what you get above that is a profit that can boost your incoming transfers. I currently don't see any club willing to pay that for him.

Just seen somewhere 4ml for AwB. Do we really need to sell him for so less? Brain dead decision if real. On thing we do not need to worry based on priorities is the RB position.

But it seems we are hell bent on shooting ourselves in the foot

10m Lindelof
15m AWB
10m Pellestri
40m Mason
40m Sancho

Will probably get half that for AWB and Pellistri, no more than £30m for Greenwood considering we are only pitching him to Serie A / La Liga clubs who are not overflowing with money, and Sancho is borderline impossible to sell - best we can hope for is probably a loan. Besides that I don't see how we can ship Lindelof out considering he's one of our 4 senior center halves.

So realistically we are looking at £50m and a loan between them all.

Just seen somewhere 4ml for AwB. Do we really need to sell him for so less? Brain dead decision if real. On thing we do not need to worry based on priorities is the RB position.

But it seems we are hell bent on shooting ourselves in the foot
Seems pointless when we don't have any cover for Dalot remaining after we ship AWB out, I'd prefer we approached things in reverse order and secured new players before or at least at the same time.

The way they are treating the Women's team is really disappointing, theyve moved them out of the new training facility and in to portacabins now.

The way they are treating the Women's team is really disappointing, theyve moved them out of the new training facility and in to portacabins now.

I imagine only temporarily while Carrington is being refurbed. Its either that or we look like a joke as our multi-millionaire first teamers do conditioning work in the gym as Darren and Gareth the tradies set up a RSJ over in the corner.

I seriously wish the fake sheikh had have took over all sir tax dodger comes out with is negatively his total dismissal of the ladies team is shambolic

Like I said in the other thread, I'd still back these lot over a sports washing project. But I've got a bad feeling they're winging it completely now and we're in for another tough era. Going all the way back to the takeover and not realising they'd have to buy the A class shares etc, everything they've touched so far has been fecking hard work and a bit of a disaster.

I seriously wish the fake sheikh had have took over all sir tax dodger comes out with is negatively his total dismissal of the ladies team is shambolic

He will be back soon with more money to blow Sir
Jim out of the water. His flight is en route to New York, according to Bloomberg.

Big day tomorrow

He will be back soon with more money to blow Sir
Jim out of the water. His flight is en route to New York, according to Bloomberg.

Big day tomorrow

Its a bit late now, our fanbase that spent 18 years chanting Glazers out has allowed them to do a deal that kept themselves in and still pulling the strings.

Last edited:
Movement needs to start happening soon. Was expecting a more proactive window. Hopefully things start happening in the next week or so.

Its a bit late now, our fanbase that spent 18 years chanting Glazers out has allowed them to do a deal that kept themselves in and still pulling the strings.
The Glazers couldn't care less what the fanbase does. We had no impact whatsoever on what decision they made, so stop with this ridiculous narrative that the fans are the reason anything happened one way or the other.

At the end of the day, Jassim refused to show proof of funds despite being asked multiple times, and then wasn't able to increase his bid to a level that the Glazers found acceptable. The details and terms of the sale to Ratcliffe makes it seem likely that the Glazers do want to fully sell in the future (to the extent that they can force Ratcliffe to sell his shares if he can't match the opposing bid), but they wouldn't fully sell now because nobody, not Ratcliffe nor Jassim, matched what they want.

Not sure what to make of the players we've showed real interest in so far.

The likes of Zirkzee and Ugarte are floor-raiser signings, definitely, but I feel like we could do so much better. Despite improving the current side, they're not players that will take us to the level of Arsenal and Manchester City. For that to happen, we need to sign the absolute best U21 talents out there, like Neves and Yoro. Obviously, you can't sign all of these gems, but whenever you have a realistic chance to get one of them, you need to prioritize them. The good thing is that there's undeniable interest towards both Yoro and Neves as well, despite the slim chance of getting either of them this summer...and with Yoro being courted by Madrid, and Neves basically being a really similar player to another elite U21 talent that already plays for us in Mainoo, not getting either of them is acceptable...but if we didn't have Mainoo, Neves would have to be our absolute number 1 target and we would need to do everything we can to get him...but thankfully we do have Mainoo. :lol:

I think it's possible that we'll mostly target these floor-raiser type of signings until we're in a more acceptable state as a team and club, and then we'll be going for the best talents in each position, as we'll be a more attractive destination to them as well then...and floor-raiser signings with limited ceilings won't really improve us anymore, so we'll have no choice anyway. However, if there's a realistic chance to get a world class talent like Neves or Yoro in a position we desperately need, I expect us to pay big money for them even in this early stage of the Ineos rebuild. Ratcliffe also implied that players like Mbappé are rather the icing on the cake when your "project" is in its latter stages and you have already assembled a good team.

Not sure what to make of the players we've showed real interest in so far.

The likes of Zirkzee and Ugarte are floor-raiser signings, definitely, but I feel like we could do so much better. Despite improving the current side, they're not players that will take us to the level of Arsenal and Manchester City. For that to happen, we need to sign the absolute best U21 talents out there, like Neves and Yoro. Obviously, you can't sign all of these gems, but whenever you have a realistic chance to get one of them, you need to prioritize them. The good thing is that there's undeniable interest towards both Yoro and Neves as well, despite the slim chance of getting either of them this summer...and with Yoro being courted by Madrid, and Neves basically being a really similar player to another elite U21 talent that already plays for us in Mainoo, not getting either of them is acceptable...but if we didn't have Mainoo, Neves would have to be our absolute number 1 target and we would need to do everything we can to get him...but thankfully we do have Mainoo. :lol:

I think it's possible that we'll mostly target these floor-raiser type of signings until we're in a more acceptable state as a team and club, and then we'll be going for the best talents in each position, as we'll be a more attractive destination to them as well then...and floor-raiser signings with limited ceilings won't really improve us anymore, so we'll have no choice anyway. However, if there's a realistic chance to get a world class talent like Neves or Yoro in a position we desperately need, I expect us to pay big money for them even in this early stage of the Ineos rebuild. Ratcliffe also implied that players like Mbappé are rather the icing on the cake when your "project" is in its latter stages and you have already assembled a good team.

Yeah we should focus on those floor raiser type signings as you put it until we have that pull to attract the top young talents around again

Just the employees. Millions of women still suffer abusive political authority.

Ultimately, it benefits the Saudi regime.

I dont want us to be state owned if thats what you think. But its pretty damning when a team owned by a state known for terrible abuse towards women treat their womens team better than ours.

Neither are the Saudis but they are investing in the geordies women’s team

Bottomless pits of money can do whatever the feck they like though can’t they, like pay a man to be on gardening leave for 2 years, or cheat ffp on 115 charges, or invest tonnes for good PR.
Regular football clubs don’t have that luxury so stop comparing a bottomless pit of money to a genuine business.

Bottomless pits of money can do whatever the feck they like though can’t they, like pay a man to be on gardening leave for 2 years, or cheat ffp on 115 charges, or invest tonnes for good PR.
Regular football clubs don’t have that luxury so stop comparing a bottomless pit of money to a genuine business.
Man united are not a regular club they one of the biggest money making machines in sport I’m sure they can spare a bit for the women’s team but it’s been proved Brexiteers are a bunch of misogynists

They’re not wrong though. This isn’t new from Southgate, it’s what everyone has been saying for the last decade so if they seriously were interested then it’s worrying.

It’s worrying if you’re thinking about jumping off a bridge today also.

It’s worrying if we’re thinking about resigning Weghorst as our starting striker for next season.

Man united are not a regular club they one of the biggest money making machines in sport I’m sure they can spare a bit for the women’s team but it’s been proved Brexiteers are a bunch of misogynists

We’re actually a club that isn’t rolling in money currently, and in fact has a feck tonne of debt. Debt which was leveraged against the club and has been costing us insane amounts of interest for two decades.
We’re also a club that currently struggle with financial fair play. So yeah, you’re right, we’re not a regular club and we certainly can’t be compared to a bottomless pit oil state.

The Glazers couldn't care less what the fanbase does. We had no impact whatsoever on what decision they made, so stop with this ridiculous narrative that the fans are the reason anything happened one way or the other.

At the end of the day, Jassim refused to show proof of funds despite being asked multiple times, and then wasn't able to increase his bid to a level that the Glazers found acceptable. The details and terms of the sale to Ratcliffe makes it seem likely that the Glazers do want to fully sell in the future (to the extent that they can force Ratcliffe to sell his shares if he can't match the opposing bid), but they wouldn't fully sell now because nobody, not Ratcliffe nor Jassim, matched what they want.

The fans should not have stood back and done nothing while the Glazers did a deal that kept them in, we protested for them to leave for 18 years and should have got rid of them when we had the chance.

Please stop with the claims that Shiekh Jassim refused to provide proof of funding as thats simply untrue and any claims that he didnt provide proof are purely speculation.

Yeah what?

Lots of things can be worrying, but no decent source linked us credibly to Southgate, and if we wanted him, we simply needed to wait one month, considering how we’ve been willing to wait long term on Ashworth and our new CEO, it’s pretty fecking crystal clear now that we didn’t want Southgate.
So claiming it’s “worrying” means absolutely feck all.

Last edited:
The alternative was the mens first team players using portacabins or the womens team move away from Carrington again. Also it's not just the womens team being asked to use portacabins, some of the academy teams will be using them too.

Some of you lot should probably read the articles instead of reacting to the headlines and knee jerk social media posts. It's not just the womens team having to make a sacrifice, the academy teams are in the exact same position. Most of the administration staff are being moved around too. This is what happens when you make upgrades to a training ground. It's just temporary.

And I know some will say that the mens first team should be the ones using portacabins. Yeah I'm sure that would go down well with the players and with the fanbase when we have an unhappy squad on our hands and are struggling. Ratcliffe has said that focusing on the mens team is their priority for now, hopefully they can shift focus on the womens team soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.