Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will never be able to cheer for fossil energy billionaire but I can't deny it's a little reassuring we have normal-ish management with a baseline of business sense instead of total negligence.

Been getting hammeted for these quotes

You need to be stable and steady before investing into something that is a cost center only. It is a necessity hence his comments. Only some idiots who love to moan would critizise that

You need to be stable and steady before investing into something that is a cost center only. It is a necessity hence his comments. Only some idiots who love to moan would critizise that
No... you don't? He's even using how little the women's team cost as a reason for them to be moved out of their own building, obviously it isn't an amount of money worth fussing over to him.

No... you don't? He's even using how little the women's team cost as a reason for them to be moved out of their own building, obviously it isn't an amount of money worth fussing over to him.

You don’t really expect that any super club would stick their mens team into temporary training facilities do you :lol:

fecking ell, with no mens team the club doesn’t exist. The women’s team and academy team will be put out temporarily, but then they’ll be in World Class facilities afterwards.

Waie up from lala land brother

You don’t really expect that any super club would stick their mens team into temporary training facilities do you :lol:

fecking ell, with no mens team the club doesn’t exist. The women’s team and academy team will be put out temporarily, but then they’ll be in World Class facilities afterwards.
You could read the comment I'm replying to first before wading straight in with the standard defence. I don't think you need to be "stable and steady" before providing some support to the women's team. It may have been an unfortunate necessity to make the switch, but continually treating them like an distracting irritation gets tiring.

Anyway, thankfully Ratcliffe should now be miles away from actually any kind of footballing decisions.

There was maybe a more tactful way to explain the assignment of facilities for the men and women's teams.
Yes the men's team will obviously get priority but don't be so blunt about it.

Thanks SJR and the Ineos Team! They make 200% improvement within a few months. Not sure whether they are really this good or Woody and his mates were dogshit.

Thanks SJR and the Ineos Team! They make 200% improvement within a few months. Not sure whether they are really this good or Woody and his mates were dogshit.
The glazers weren’t interested in meaningfully upgrading the club facilities as their end game was always to sell for as much as possible. I’m sure if the money was there Woodward or whoever could have overseen big changes. The probalem was always the glazers in the background. The glazers controlling our current new management structure? I’m thinking it would be almost exactly the same. SJR and his billions are finally giving us the fresh start we need

Let’s be frank, these guys have fecking crushed it this summer:

- Credit facility paid down
- Stadium redevelopment/rebuild initiative started
- Massive Carrington upgrade funded and started
- Four major signings brought in for reasonable fees on reasonable wages.
- Some deadwood shifted, and high earner contracts allowed to expire.
- Complete overhaul of the football structure with best in class professionals.
- Completed deals for two of the best youth prospects in the country from rival academies.

If between now and the end of the window, they can shift a couple more high earners who are surplus to requirements and bring in midfield reinforcements; it’ll have been an epic summer. I mean, it’s already been an epic summer; but midfield reinforcements are a must, and I’m confident they’ll get it done.

What a stellar job our executive staff have done this summer. Brilliant. Havent been this excited about the club in a decade. Forget the transfers, just the general direction the club is going in is wonderful to see.

What a stellar job our executive staff have done this summer. Brilliant. Havent been this excited about the club in a decade. Forget the transfers, just the general direction the club is going in is wonderful to see.
But but we should bin Ashworth off and get another if he can’t free himself from Newcastle on time

So said some of the brain cells that congregate here

But but we should bin Ashworth off and get another if he can’t free himself from Newcastle on time

So said some of the brain cells that congregate here
Ridiculous. Always go for the best. And why bin him off when he immediately went on gardening leave cause he wanted to leave Newcastle and work for United.

Ridiculous. Always go for the best. And why bin him off when he immediately went on gardening leave cause he wanted to leave Newcastle and work for United.
I have to say that the support team that’s being built is superb. Eth can have no complaints that he hasn’t been supported this season!

I have to say that the support team that’s being built is superb. Eth can have no complaints that he hasn’t been supported this season!
Absolutely. It feels like the Avengers of football executives. Who knew running a football club is easy when you have the right structure in place. Glazers could have done any of this hiring in the past decade and didnt do shit. Hope they sell their stake to INEOS and get the feck out ASAP.

But but he’s another manager
We’ve gone from having a manager doing everything whilst Arnold goes on the lash with Murtough chasing tail in Barcelona, to having an actual corporate structure and hoarding managers.

Sack ETH, promote RvN
Sack RvN, promote Appleton
Sack Appleton, promote Hake

Ratcliffe is basically Sauron, sending out gifts to all these fools who take his money and enter long contracts they can never escape from.

If it was ever in doubt (which it shouldn’t have been) the sheer size of the club and pull that Manchester United have has been totally reinstated this last few months.

We had our worst ever Premier League season last season, got knocked out of Europe altogether finishing bottom in a very poor group, played terrible football all year and the only saving grace was winning the FA Cup.

Despite all this, players, managers, sporting directors, CAO’s, everyone has been falling over themselves to join Manchester United this summer. We are back, we’re back in action.

Yeah @golden_blunder not sure why this has to be a mega thread for anything INEOS touch. That loans manager thread seems a perfectly reasonable standalone discussion?

@golden_blunder

Then where will we go to complain about loans working terribly (or superbly)?
Ok fair point, I will reopen it. I was just looking at it as another part of the management structure which is already being discussed. If you’re looking at it from the other angle and it’s not just talking about staff appointments (which is already done) then it’s a unique

The thread is about hiring a new loans manager not about specific loans.
Well I’m happy to open a loan thread but not to just discuss staff appointments as that’s already done. But to discuss loans. However as one poster points out they can be discussed in threads

Well I’m happy to open a loan thread but not to just discuss staff appointments as that’s already done. But to discuss loans. However as one poster points out they can be discussed in threads
We’ve had threads for:

Berrada
Ashworth
Wilcox
van Nistelrooy
Jordan
Vivell
Gorgson
Hartis
Rouwelar

Which are all Ineos appointments or potential appointments into often very specific roles but for some reason discussing the position of loan manager which has been handled awfully for the last decade has to break RedCafe policy and be discussed in the INEOS mega thread because you’ve decided that discussion has been and gone?

Let’s be frank, these guys have fecking crushed it this summer:

- Credit facility paid down
- Stadium redevelopment/rebuild initiative started
- Massive Carrington upgrade funded and started
- Four major signings brought in for reasonable fees on reasonable wages.
- Some deadwood shifted, and high earner contracts allowed to expire.
- Complete overhaul of the football structure with best in class professionals.
- Completed deals for two of the best youth prospects in the country from rival academies.

If between now and the end of the window, they can shift a couple more high earners who are surplus to requirements and bring in midfield reinforcements; it’ll have been an epic summer. I mean, it’s already been an epic summer; but midfield reinforcements are a must, and I’m confident they’ll get it done.

Excellent post,

I don't understand few of our ex-players and so called highly paid pundits don't have this sense but still complain about signings.

After 10 years of mishap, we still have the pulling power to bring in top talent but I don't think we are in right place to bring in players like Mbappe, Vincious, Wirtz or Musiala type signings unless we throw lot of money at players and agents.

This summer is more of balancing the team by clearing lot of dead wood and bringing in few good players to stabilise the team.
When players like Lisandro, Shaw were fit we looked like a better team so imagine adding few good ball playing progressive players we signed so far to this team.

Once we got that stability and attacking style , we can look at adding 2/3 super stars next summer to go to next level if needed.

Mind you, I have every faith in players like Zirkzee/Yoro/Deligt/Ugarte(likely next signing) who can play key role in coming years.

We’ve had threads for:

Berrada
Ashworth
Wilcox
van Nistelrooy
Jordan
Vivell
Gorgson
Hartis
Rouwelar

Which are all Ineos appointments or potential appointments into often very specific roles but for some reason discussing the position of loan manager which has been handled awfully for the last decade has to break RedCafe policy and be discussed in the INEOS mega thread because you’ve decided that discussion has been and gone?
It’s already open dude

Status
Not open for further replies.