Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way, I can't mention clubs that have done business to prove other clubs have done business. you clown.... but how about Spurs, or can't I mention them either. And you don't get to criticise chelesa's approach just because you think it's scattergun... they have done the business they wanted to do.
You didn’t mention any specific clubs, and I clearly debunked your rant with actual facts. I even told you it would be wise to calm down and be patient because anything can happen in a couple of days, and now here we are a couple of days later and the club has just signed two more first team players in De Ligt and Mazroui. Plus they’ve moved AWB out. So we’ve brought in Yoro, Zirkzee, De Ligt and Mazroui. Which makes us one of the most active clubs in the league. All excellent players for really good fees.

Your post and your follow up just looks more and more ridiculous by the day.

You didn’t mention any specific clubs, and I clearly debunked your rant with actual facts. I even told you it would be wise to calm down and be patient because anything can happen in a couple of days, and now here we are a couple of days later and the club has just signed two more first team players in De Ligt and Mazroui. Plus they’ve moved AWB out. So we’ve brought in Yoro, Zirkzee, De Ligt and Mazroui. Which makes us one of the most active clubs in the league. All excellent players for really good fees.

Your post and your follow up just looks more and more ridiculous by the day.
you're in la la land - we haven't signed De Light or Mazroui yet. Your idea of facts and actual facts more miles apart. And yes, you said, Chelsea didn't count. And AWB hasn't been sold yet either. So well done. wrong on all counts. Only one of us looks ridiculous

you're in la la land - we haven't signed De Light or Mazroui yet. Your idea of facts and actual facts more miles apart. And yes, you said, Chelsea didn't count. And AWB hasn't been sold yet either. So well done. wrong on all counts. Only one of us looks ridiculous
Okay let’s wait for the official announcements before we can all agree that you are ridiculous.

Quality control
Okay let’s wait for the official announcements before we can all agree that you are ridiculous.
But you said the deals were done. What happened did you wake up from your noon nap? Try reading my point: the idea was to get these guys in before the season actually starts. You sound like a Trump supporter with their "alternate facts". But I wouldn't expect any decency and an actual apology

But you said the deals were done. What happened did you wake up from your noon nap? Try reading my point: the idea was to get these guys in before the season actually starts. You sound like a Trump supporter with their "alternate facts". But I wouldn't expect any decency and an actual apology
No. You said it was the same clown show as always. And other clubs were getting things done. I pointed out the fact that other clubs weren’t getting any more business done that United were, and that the window needed to be looked at as a whole when it was closed. I was the one who said ideally you’d want players in at the start of the window for preseason, but in a summer with copa and euros that was a problem everyone was facing. Again supported by the facts that most of our rivals haven’t done much or any business.

I went on to point out that the important thing was to be patient and view this over the whole window. I suggested you calm down because you were calling the people doing transfers clowns. Yet you continue to be rabid. Which is frankly hilarious. Your post ignored the fact we’d already signed Yoro and Zirkzee and literally a day after it’s reported by Ornstein and Romano that we have agreed fees for De Ligt and Mazroui, as well as AWB to West Ham. A turn of events which only supported everything I had said and brought into focus what a hilariously, knee jerk, reactionary take you had.

Now you’re clutching at straws about official announcements and saying the whole point was to get them in before the season starts. Like that’s the basis for a successful transfer of a player that could be at the club for 5 years plus. I covered everything in my original reply, but you’re so desperate not to look stupid - mission failed - that you keep shifting the goalposts and clinging on to semantics.

Like too many fans, your default mode is just frothing at the mouth. You spout more bollocks and more over the top reactionary nonsense than almost anyone on here. Your posts are routinely embarrassing. But seriously, you do you. It was against my better judgement that I even engaged with the poster child of forum dimwittery, and I’ve been regretting it ever since

No. You said it was the same clown show as always. And other clubs were getting things done. I pointed out the fact that other clubs weren’t getting any more business done that United were, and that the window needed to be looked at as a whole when it was closed. I was the one who said ideally you’d want players in at the start of the window for preseason, but in a summer with copa and euros that was a problem everyone was facing. Again supported by the facts that most of our rivals haven’t done much or any business.

I went on to point out that the important thing was to be patient and view this over the whole window. I suggested you calm down because you were calling the people doing transfers clowns. Yet you continue to be rabid. Which is frankly hilarious. Your post ignored the fact we’d already signed Yoro and Zirkzee and literally a day after it’s reported by Ornstein and Romano that we have agreed fees for De Ligt and Mazroui, as well as AWB to West Ham. A turn of events which only supported everything I had said and brought into focus what a hilariously, knee jerk, reactionary take you had.

Now you’re clutching at straws about official announcements and saying the whole point was to get them in before the season starts. Like that’s the basis for a successful transfer of a player that could be at the club for 5 years plus. I covered everything in my original reply, but you’re so desperate not to look stupid - mission failed - that you keep shifting the goalposts and clinging on to semantics.

Like too many fans, your default mode is just frothing at the mouth. You spout more bollocks and more over the top reactionary nonsense than almost anyone on here. Your posts are routinely embarrassing. But seriously, you do you. It was against my better judgement that I even engaged with the poster child of forum dimwittery, and I’ve been regretting it ever since
None of those deals are done yet, either in or out. Just another little fact you choose to ignore

sad and pathetic if all you can manage to back up your opinions is insults

Great post!

sad and pathetic if all you can manage to back up your opinions is insults
To be fair it’s not all I can manage. I tried facts, reason, logic, rationale, perspective, and context first. But in the end, sometimes one has to accept that the person you’re replying to just doesn’t have the will or capacity to understand any of those things.

And whilst I understand already it’s a waste of my time to point this out, my original post told you to calm down. Which isn’t an insult. It’s advice for your own good. You responded by calling me a clown. I am sure I need to actually explain the irony to you here, but I can’t be bothered.

I know a lot of United fans have the Real Madrid inferiority complex, but at this rate it’s not our players that they should be worried about RM trying to sign. It’s our board.

I know a lot of United fans have the Real Madrid inferiority complex, but at this rate it’s not our players that they should be worried about RM trying to sign. It’s our board.
Why would you even put this out there? :lol:

There’s me not sleeping again for 5 years!

So compared to previous summers, so far this summer:

Varane, Martial, Greenwood, Van der Beek, Álvaro, Williams, Kambawala all out. With AWB imminent, and I’d imagine a few others like Hannibal, Lindelof, Sancho, and Eriksen or McTominay are on the chopping block too.

And coming in:

Yoro (18) - generational defensive talent - 50m
De Ligt (24) - Top class, hugely experienced - 38m
Mazraoui (26) - High quality Rb/LB cover - 17m
Zirkzee (22) - Serie A YPOTY, striker depth - 35m

Absolute grade A on the incomings and a solid B on the outgoings, which will turn into an A if we can move on a couple more players for good fees, namely Sancho for 40-50m and reinvest.

It’s a nice feeling to have quality people running the club again, and the future balance of the squad is shaping up nicely.

Varane, Martial, Greenwood, Van der Beek, Álvaro, Williams, Kambawala all out. With AWB imminent, and I’d imagine a few others like Hannibal, Lindelof, Sancho, and Eriksen or McTominay are on the chopping block too.

And coming in:

Absolute grade A on the incomings and a solid B on the outgoings, which will turn into an A if we can move on a couple more players for good fees, namely Sancho for 40-50m and reinvest.

It’s a nice feeling to have quality people running the club again, and the future balance of the squad is shaping up nicely.
Top class post.

Thank you for using common sense.

And coming in:

If they manage to sell a few more, buy 1 or even 2 midfielders, it is the best window in a very very long time. Zero complaints so far

So far they have been great. New stadium plans, quick and decisive in transfer market. Lets see how they handle rest of the transfer window. But early signs are pretty good

And coming in:

Who has to be moved on for outgoings to be graded A, also which midfielder/s would you sign?

They have done great especially considering we got the team on board relatively late after end of the season. I expect us to be even better organized for the future windows.

And they have sold well all things considered.

Greenwood, Kambawala and AWB will bring in over 50m and potential add ons. Just hope they can somehow get rid of McT (25+5), Lindelof (5)and Sancho (35+5) for 60-70m and get Urgate and one more midfielder.

On top, the amount of money in wages we have saved is incredible. Varange and Martial were 600K a week combined, i.e. ~30m a year. There is still a lot of work to be done in this regard.

Below is what we are paying some very mediocre players per week:

Rashford: 300K, Antony: 200K, Mount: 250K, Maguire: 190K and Casemiro (once world class) 350K. We were managed by idiots, and it will take more than one window to sort it out.

And coming in:

Great post. Just a few days ago there were many posters moaning about the football structure already before the window even closed.

We have spent ~135M so far in the transfer market, for Yoro, De Ligt, Mazraoui and Zirkzee. That's good value for money, no matter how you look at it.

I belive it's smart move tieing Bruno with a new contract until 2028, just hope the wages are not obscene. I hope they will protect themselves with Garnacho next, as we need to insert a huge clause into his contract. He seems destined for the top.

Just finished reading through the back and forth between @simonhch and @mitchmouse and its been a real microcosm of the United fan base. One side is calm, and views the landscape with a wide lense, is thoughtful in how they present the information (simon if it isn't obvious to the sane supports), while the other is frothing at the mouth, ranting nonsensical whataboutisms, constantly looking for the 'gotcha' moments you only see on internet forums (mitch, if it isn't obvious).

Great start to the day

What a start by the Ineos Team. With Zirkzee, Yoro, DeLigt and Mazroui done. This is already a very good window. This could be potentially be even better when we sign Ugarte or a DM. 10/10 for first season.

Just imagining next year when the football structure have more time to put in place a proper plan, we could have even better window than now. Unbelievable.

What a difference being run by competent people.

What a start by the Ineos Team. With Zirkzee, Yoro, DeLigt and Mazroui done. This is already a very good window. This could be potentially be even better when we sign Ugarte or a DM. 10/10 for first season.

Just imagining next year when the football structure have more time to put in place a proper plan, we could have even better window than now. Unbelievable.

Thanks for such a positive post! Great to see that and not the usual moaning.

And coming in:

Wish there was an ignore button for that mouse character. Most of our new leadership has been in place for less than 3 months yet he’s complaining and comparing them to previous leadership. Unreal!

Dont forget two of the hottest young players on top for the Academy

I was majorly sceptical about Jim Ratcliffe at first but then listening to his vision for the club I started to warm to him, but still a bit sceptical as we've heard loads of false promises in the past. Safe to say the way Ineos are operating, he's backed his words up.

The only gripe I have is the Ten Hag saga the day before the cup final, but everything else is promising. It's going to take a few years but we'll get there under him, I'm sure.

The signings have been handled well, I like how we held our nerve and stared down Bayern until we agreed a deal that made sense for everyone. Get Ugarte in and do more sales, I hear Lindelof, Hannibal and Pellistiri could be on their way. Hope we get something close to 30m for the trio.

It's been a good summer, hopefully the progress on the pitch is reflective of the investment made. It's up to Ten Hag but I think his reluctance to act on Rashford will hold the team back and then there is Onana who, iny opinion, will be the next first team player we will be demanding an upgrade on next summer.

It’s not a matter of opinion that the club is being ran much better. Anyone who says they’re not better than anything the Glazers trotted out is objectively wrong. A big reason why they’ve been able to do business more efficiently isn’t just because they’re infinitely more competent, but the players they’re after genuinely want to be here for footballing reasons, which gives us leverage as the buying club that we haven’t always had in the past.

Reactions: Cheimoon
It’s not a matter of opinion that the club is being ran much better. Anyone who says they’re not better than anything the Glazers trotted out is objectively wrong. A big reason why they’ve been able to do business more efficiently isn’t just because they’re infinitely more competent, but the players they’re after genuinely want to be here for footballing reasons, which gives us leverage as the buying club that we haven’t always had in the past.
Spot on!

I have to give it to Sir Jim. We haven’t put a foot wrong so far and it’s so refreshing to see.

Dont forget two of the hottest young players on top for the Academy

Absolutely. Ineos team have pass the first season test with flying colors. Most of them are only here for a few months. Next season is going to be even better. Unbelievable.

I feel that we already have our club back like it used to be under SAF. We are in total control now.

I still can't believe the club was neglected so long by Glazers and we wasted so much time and money by letting Woody and his mates run the club. Criminals.

This.

It makes a big difference when we are targeting players on the basis of how they will fit in with the team structure, rather than how many shirts they would sell.

This new era with INEOS has really shown up just how utterly dreadful the previous regime really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.