Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, neither McT or AWB are on massive wages. Should have been fairly simple to sell them tbf.
Not on massive wages for Man Utd but absolutely massive wages for the buying club. You only have to look at the AWB thread to see it’s not that easy.

We can't even sell the players that are not on absurd wages. I dont blame INEOS for that.

Nobody wants them as everyone know that they are only good in one aspect of the football gams, and we are practically giving them away on the cheap. AWB for 15, Scott for 25, Lindelof for cheap.
Not cheap enough

The plaques of John Davies and James Wilson is a reminder that history might be about to repeat itself for the 3rd time with Ratcliffe, a local wealthy business, building/revamping the stadium to hopefully take the club into a successful new era.
You surely mean James Gibson and not former youth player James Wilson

Can somebody point me to a reliable resource that can prove that PSR is the reason of our inactivity in the summer, and not because INEOS are just being stingy?

Which again raises the question, if we had 5 positions to fill, and limited budget due to PSR...why spunk 60M on a teenage CB and 35M on a backup striker?
The Swedish Rumble guy on Twitter had done some analysis and showed that we could spend something like 200-300m and not run foul of the regs. Of course, that would require that money to actually be there in the accounts, which it doesn't seem to be.

If they wanted clubs to over pay for our players they probably shouldn't have publicly announced that all of our players are for sale. These two things do not marry up at all

Yeah it's looking like a silly mistake now

The Swedish Rumble guy on Twitter had done some analysis and showed that we could spend something like 200-300m and not run foul of the regs. Of course, that would require that money to actually be there in the accounts, which it doesn't seem to be.
So basically, FFP is not the issue, we are just broke?

Mason Mount, Antony, Wan Bissaka, Eriksen, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro...

These players are all stealing a living, no other clubs would have offered them this stupid wages.
The only one of those who is on wages way too high for his ability is Antony. The others are on wages they'd get at other clubs at the times they did their moves.

Casemiro? That's different.

I think many would say that the reason United don't get good money from sales is because they don't sell at the right time, rather than because they don't "play hard ball" with fees. For example AWB and McTominay are both out of contract in 2025, they were already not sold at the right time.

It is fine to hold out for a larger fee if the club is willing to accept the player going on a free next summer, that's a legitimate course of action, though not without risks.
It's been said that McTominay has a +1 in his contract. We're not desperate to sell him.

Just because we could, doesn't mean we should. Transfers can be structured in a way to not require the first payment immediately.

It's clear they're trying not to put themselves in trouble for future windows rather than just thinking about this season.

He's been talking utter nonsense for some while now. I wouldn't be reading too much into his football finance tweets.

Seems to me we're being both patient and cautious. We seem to want to sent out a signal that things have changed at the club, we're not desperate, and we will only do business at a price we deem fair. And if not we will move on. Might bring some short term pain (we'll see what happens until the deadline), but it should serve us well in the long term.

Seems to me we're being both patient and cautious. We seem to want to sent out a signal that things have changed at the club, we're not desperate, and we will only do business at a price we deem fair. And if not we will move on. Might bring some short term pain (we'll see what happens until the deadline), but it should serve us well in the long term.

Waiting until near the deadline is a shambles, you do that kind of thing when you are able

Waiting until near the deadline is a shambles, you do that kind of thing when you are able
We are able. We are obviously not going to challenge for the title this season anyway. New signings or not, we'll be fighting for top 4, and we should also have a decent shot at the EL.

We are able. We are obviously not going to challenge for the title this season anyway. New signings or not, we'll be fighting for top 4, and we should also have a decent shot at the EL.

How are we able when we still need DM, CB, LB, CM and proven goalscorer. You could even throw in another winger on the list too

How are we able when we still need DM, CB, LB, CM and proven goalscorer. You could even throw in another winger on the list too
You're right. We should panic buy and pay well over the odds for players we want. That has served us so well in the past.

I don't think the club has the legroom for this approach at the same window the new owners essentially have integrated key members into.

Winter window perhaps is more realistic, but Berrada, Ashworth and co have just transitioned into senior roles and while the key members are in place provisionally is there enough foundation beneath them for everything to work. For instance look at the difference between the likes of Ugarte to a Sander Berge. One is a main target the other an alternative but the difference in quality is stark.

I think INEOS would need at-least a year in charge between two windows, with the scouting network fully integrated with the data analyst etc before the club can command a real change. I think irrespective of the time-line short term pain is inevitable but as it stands I wouldn't trust the clubs alternatives being that everything is in it's infancy at this current stage.

My biggest concern at the moment is we four top table braniacs at the club now all of which are supposed to be very experienced in transfer matters including our new CEO.

I'm struggling to work out what any of them have done since the Yoro deal. Are they all really sitting around a phone expecting West Ham or Fulham to call back offering more for AWB/McT?

You're right. We should panic buy and pay well over the odds for players we want. That has served us so well in the past.
Why are you acting like the only two options are :

- Buy no one
- Panic buy and overpay

Proper and well run football clubs can buy on time without overpaying too, addressing all their needs in the squad. With smart planning, scouting and negotiation. Seems like we are ways off that yet.

We needed to stop acting like big shots when our CB signing went down and took some action, also demonstrated a more ruthless approach with players happy to sit on their huge wages

- Buy no one
- Panic buy and overpay

Proper and well run football clubs can buy on time without overpaying too, addressing all their needs in the squad. With smart planning, scouting and negotiation. Seems like we are ways off that yet.
We're in the middle of a transition. Our new CEO, DoF and head of recruitment have just started their jobs. Why are you surprised that not everything is running smoothly yet?

This was always going to take time.

City, Arsenal and Liverpool have barely done any business too.

We're in the middle of a transition. Our new CEO, DoF and head of recruitment have just started their jobs. Why are you surprised that not everything is running smoothly yet?
I heard similar stuff for Murtough too, last couple of years. I'll see it before believing the new guys supposed competence.

They're definitely not starting from scratch. That would actually be a better position than what they're starting from.

Yes because it’s so difficult we have so little talent in our club it’s going to take ages to rebuild!

Wait never mind we have top talents all over the place both in the youth and senior levels. You lot are acting like we’ve just been relegated to the Championship and now need to find our way back n

- Buy no one
- Panic buy and overpay

And there's nothing wrong with overpaying when needed (like with Yoro). The likely truth is that we're not avoiding overpaying, we're skint.

Status
Not open for further replies.