Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think some fans understand the sheer stupidity of the last decade plus of decisions… fees, players bought/sold and especially wages given out.

On top of dividends, this has meant massive debt, increasing debt servicing payments, reduction of cash/cash flow and massively impacted on the ability of the new owners (part owners) to make quick/easy changes.

We have to sell to buy or we’ll end up failing spending rules and risk punishment…. BUT we struggle to sell because of the ridiculous wages given out. This is a marathon not a sprint and it’ll take 2-3-4 years to properly unravel and get us back to the position we should be.

Our options are limited;
  • Pay off players to leave - cash out and no fee
  • Keep players - no fee and heavy wages keep impacting
  • Sell players at fees lower than we’d like - some cash in and wage impact reduced
  • Sell players at ‘market’ value - not going to happen as player asks buying clubs for high wages and buying clubs say total deal cost is too much (understandable)
Option 4 isn’t available so we’re stuck with option 3 as the lesser of three unpalatable choices but it’ll take time as we have to hold our nerve and not let clubs take the p!ss.

Ineos aren’t going to make rash gambles, they’re going to improve us step by step and avoid the previous moronic decisions that have been made. I want another defender and 1-2 midfielders but not at the risk of punishments in ‘25, ‘26…

(PS : I’m slightly disappointed at some players who won’t move on. I know they have contracts and fans say it’s not their fault (it’s not) but they’re mature, have had multiple seasons and are never going to be short of cash… but they can still go to a club and get plenty of minutes in the latter years of their careers).

The picture is just showed how bad of Glazer and their contract / negotiation team..

Can somebody point me to a reliable resource that can prove that PSR is the reason of our inactivity in the summer, and not because INEOS are just being stingy?

Which again raises the question, if we had 5 positions to fill, and limited budget due to PSR...why spunk 60M on a teenage CB and 35M on a backup striker?

Not a chance. If they wanted him out, they had the chance to dismiss him.
Dismissing him after winning a FA cup, would have been a controversial decision among half the fanbase. If their new guy didnt do well, questions would have been asked.

This way, they can make plans for the future(Yoro, Zirkzee, new appointments around Ten Hag), and see where the chips fall. I'm not surprised that the only transfers which are in limbo rn are the ones ETH would have fought for(Mazraoui, De Ligt).

Think they are doing the bare minimum to support him in the transfer market this season, because they are expecting a new guy to come in soon(who may or may not like ETH's signings). Incase ETH delivers, no harm done. In case he doesnt, INEOS can sack him with the blessing of most of the fanbase without looking like villains.

Dismissing him after winning a FA cup, would have been a controversial decision among half the fanbase. If their new guy didnt do well, questions would have been asked.

This way, they can make plans for the future(Yoro, Zirkzee, new appointments around Ten Hag), and see where the chips fall. I'm not surprised that the only transfers which are in limbo rn are the ones ETH would have fought for(Mazraoui, De Ligt).

Think they are doing the bare minimum to support him in the transfer market this season, because they are expecting a new guy to come in soon(who may or may not like ETH's signings). Incase ETH delivers, no harm done. In case he doesnt, INEOS can sack him with the blessing of most of the fanbase without looking like villains.
Dismissing him whenever is going to be controversial with our fan base because we are the only fan base in the world that puts manager above club.

The fact that we are even going for de Ligt and Mazraoui, and I’m actually positive we will conclude both deals if finances permit, indicates to me that we are going to support him heavily.

Dismissing him whenever is going to be controversial with our fan base because we are the only fan base in the world that puts manager above club.

The fact that we are even going for de Ligt and Mazraoui, and I’m actually positive we will conclude both deals if finances permit, indicates to me that we are going to support him heavily.

Do you genuinely believe this or are you still playing a character?

Can somebody point me to a reliable resource that can prove that PSR is the reason of our inactivity in the summer, and not because INEOS are just being stingy?

Which again raises the question, if we had 5 positions to fill, and limited budget due to PSR...why spunk 60M on a teenage CB and 35M on a backup striker?

Both positions were a priority.

Our inability to move players on is the only reason we are stuck in this limbo. We are still paying for Woodwards Crimes

Not true. When Ole and Rangnick were sacked, the majority were happy with that at the time.

Do you genuinely believe this or are you still playing a character?
Wait what :lol: what's this character thing about?

It is quite funny that they so publicly declared the whole squad was up for sale only to proceed to then fail to actually sell any of said squad.

And by funny I mean soul destroyingly predictable & familiar.

What on earth were they expecting to happen when they made that ridiculous statement about being willing to sell any player?

Tell the whole world you don't think any of your players are good enough for a team that finished 8th and that you desperately need money, then try to hardball for over the top fees on any player where someone shows an interest :confused:

Like putting a big "everything on sale" sign outside your shop, then inside all the items say things like "was £20, now £30!"

Not true. When Ole and Rangnick were sacked, the majority were happy with that at the time.

Wait what :lol: what's this character thing about?
Ragnick was never sacked as manager. He served his term.

Also many people were wanting Ole to be relieved of managerial duties toward the end.

The revelation that players who have had the +1 in their contracts triggered get half of any transfer fee plus the changes to FFP rules this year that prevent INEOS injecting their own cash does go a long way towards explaining the funereal pace of our activity. The light at the end of the tunnel is that many clubs are in as tough a position as us and there will be an inevitable reduction in asking price for some of our targets as we get closer to the deadline and clubs becomes desperate to sell. Patience is required but the waiting is torture.
Seriously??

Also many people were wanting Ole to be relieved of managerial duties toward the end.
Which is what I said. And Rangnick wasnt sacked, but people were happy to see him leave. Point being, when results dont go your way, not many tears are shed when you leave the club.

Mason Mount, Antony, Wan Bissaka, Eriksen, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro...

These players are all stealing a living, no other clubs would have offered them this stupid wages.
The one that baffles me slightly is why is Antony on so much more money than Martinez, when they came from the same club at the same window. Maguire was in demand at the time and one of the best defenders, Lindelof wages are not that astronomic. The top brackets however are crazy.

Which is what I said. And Rangnick wasnt sacked, but people were happy to see him leave. Point being, when results dont go your way, not many tears are shed when you leave the club.
Yeah that's true.

They've fecked their first transfer window and put huge pressure on themselves. All the teams around us who were already better have improved.

Even if all that is true, leading the club based on what fans mean of the manager after one game is absolutely amateur stuff and it would be worse than Glazers, so hopefully you are wrong.

What I find imteredting is that it seems there is no unhappy/free agents/relatively affordable players from Premierleague clubs that we can buy and use at least as squad players for defence or midfield, but we still only chase players who are difficult to get and waste our time and resources on them, only to have no alternative option once the window is closed. It seems that our scouting is still pointless.

They've fecked their first transfer window and put huge pressure on themselves. All the teams around us who were already better have improved.

There is still just over 3 weeks of the window left.

Also some of you lot are incredible, constatly complaining about the club overspending on players, and selling players for far less than other clubs, yet when the new transfer team start to play hard ball regarding fees, you then complain still.

Answer this, what exactly would you do differently?

It is quite funny that they so publicly declared the whole squad was up for sale only to proceed to then fail to actually sell any of said squad.

And by funny I mean soul destroyingly predictable & familiar.

You do realise the window doesn't even close for another 3 weeks.

Or are you purposely ignoring that just so you can have a moan?

Isn’t late/panic buys with no preseason what we all criticised the Glazer lot for?

Regardless, I agree somewhat. They do have time to turn it around.
Do you think we should just overpay to get them over the line? Or are you proposing we just ignore the bit where they say they’re not available at a reasonable price and just buy them for the price we want anyway?

Isn’t late/panic buys with no preseason what we all criticised the Glazer lot for?

Regardless, I agree somewhat. They do have time to turn it around.

I am quoting a poster complaining about sales, not buys.

And just because a player is bought in mid August doesn't mean it is a panic buy. The Euro/Copa happening pushed any transfers back by a few weeks anyway.

Now is not late considering them tournaments and also the fact that the club is not just going to overpay for the sake of it anymore. Honestly its baffling that fans complain about the club overpaying all the time, and because they are refusing to overpay anymore, fans are still complaining about not enough transfers happening.

Do you think we should just overpay to get them over the line? Or are you proposing we just ignore the bit where they say they’re not available at a reasonable price and just buy them for the price we want anyway?

These same posters wanting the club to just pay up and get transfers in, will be the first to moan in a few months about the club overpaying. You can't make this stuff up.

There is still just over 3 weeks of the window left.

Also some of you lot are incredible, constatly complaining about the club overspending on players, and selling players for far less than other clubs, yet when the new transfer team start to play hard ball regarding fees, you then complain still.

Spin it how you want, but sending Ten Hag into the new season with only one addition to the squad (Yoro is goosed) is like sending a lamb to slaughter.

No value; players are hard to sell; waiting for other clubs to sell; yada yada. INEOS talk a good game and need to get their act together fast.

The team will take 3 years to build as Rashford apart, the vast majority who won’t leave for wage issued, will have run down their contracts and hopefully not renewed. This window could be the worst under JR.

I think many would say that the reason United don't get good money from sales is because they don't sell at the right time, rather than because they don't "play hard ball" with fees. For example AWB and McTominay are both out of contract in 2025, they were already not sold at the right time.

It is fine to hold out for a larger fee if the club is willing to accept the player going on a free next summer, that's a legitimate course of action, though not without risks.

Not accepting 20m for McTominay is looking more ridiculous by the day. All of these players will leave on frees.

Mason Mount, Antony, Wan Bissaka, Eriksen, Lindelof, Maguire, Casemiro...

These players are all stealing a living, no other clubs would have offered them this stupid wages.
Sancho, Rashford….

Hope that tunnel helps United up the table.

Prediction: United will get beat by City and Fulham, which will trigger panic buying akin to what happened in August 2022.

The plaques of John Davies and James Wilson is a reminder that history might be about to repeat itself for the 3rd time with Ratcliffe, a local wealthy business, building/revamping the stadium to hopefully take the club into a successful new era.

You only have to look at the club accounts to see there’s not a lot of money to spend on transfers.
We are owing somewhere around £400m in transfer fees(payables) with very little receivables coming in. We’ve also drawn on a credit line. This is apart from the Glazer debt.

Unless IENOS use their own funds to pay for transfers(which is a horrible way of running a club), I don’t see where the money is coming from.

It’s well established we have to sell players. Even without the PSR, signing players without selling the deadwood is a poor way of operating.

People have to be patient. These things take time to get right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.