CL Semi-Finals 13/14 - April 22,23,29,30

I do not see what all of the fuss about Diego simeone is about. United under Moyes put up a better performance against bayern till we lost our concentration. Moreover, we played with a half baked Wayne Rooney.
What? United parked the bus home and away against bayern. We were camped inside our box. Diego simeone has atletico in the semi finals of the champions league and top of la Liga, ahead of Barca and Madrid (keep in mind that they have very limited funds). You're absolutely crazy if you don't see the fuss. Don't ever base something off of a champions league semi final (one they are dominating no less).

Why are Chelsea so good in Europe? Even when they're shit, they can grind out results unlike us. Without Ronaldo, we were pretty mediocre in Europe, especially when we played anyone half decent or abroad. Like there was no way we were gonna win the Champions League this year yet Chelsea managed that feat two years ago despite facing largely the same problems.

Jose installed a very gritty hard unit, there something about us that gets us there, similar to what SAF could do in the EPL.

Ill admit Willian has been a bit of a liability in the last 10 minutes!

Why are Chelsea so good in Europe? Even when they're shit, they can grind out results unlike us. Without Ronaldo, we were pretty mediocre in Europe, especially when we played anyone half decent or abroad. Like there was no way we were gonna win the Champions League this year yet Chelsea managed that feat two years ago despite facing largely the same problems. Is it just luck? Better defensively as a team? Whatever it is, we seem to lack in it.

Err... we made the final not long after he left...

Can't wait for tomorrow's match. Though apparently Bale is ill and a massive doubt. Ronaldo is not sure to play. Advantage Bayern.
Both completed training today though. I'm certain Bale is all good and will start. Ancelotti said Ronaldo will undergo a fitness test tomorrow and only then will he determine whether he will start him. I fully expect both of them to start, so no advantage Bayern! :D

If Chelsea win the champions league again playing this horrible brand of horrible football, I'm going to pull the hair on my nuts out.

Err... we made the final not long after he left...
I noticed that but we hardly faced anyone really testing in the run up to that final, and the only decent opposition we did play was an English side. Chelsea.

And then, as we all know, we went on to get embarrassed in the final.

Willian has been very poor the today cant hold onto the ball at all. Chelsea really need an outlet. Neither Torres, Willian or Ramirez can keep the ball.

I do not see what all of the fuss about Diego simeone is about. United under Moyes put up a better performance against bayern till we lost our concentration. Moreover, we played with a half baked Wayne Rooney.
See the cost of that team playing tonight, their position in La Liga, the fact they're in the semi-finals of the CL and their displays over the entire season and you might understand the fuss a bit more.

If tonight is the only way to measure his stock then sure he isn't amazingly incrediblez

I noticed that but we hardly faced anyone really testing in the run up to that final, and the only decent opposition we did play was an English side. Chelsea.

And then, as we all know, we went on to get embarrassed in the final.

Fair enough...

I heard people saying that this would be a match up between an unstoppable force against an immovable object.

Wrong. It's a team that have forgotten how to play against a team that are refusing to play.

What? United parked the bus home and away against bayern. We were camped inside our box. Diego simeone has atletico in the semi finals of the champions league and top of la Liga, ahead of Barca and Madrid (keep in mind that they have very limited funds). You're absolutely crazy if you don't see the fuss. Don't ever base something off of a champions league semi final (one they are dominating no less).

He also doesn't live in Germany and had to defend the atrocious negative football his team played against all his German football-fan friends. "That's football I'd expect from a 3rd league team" was probably the nicest comment I heard. :lol:

Yea, I agree. First time I really watched his team perform and maybe he is not used to this unorthodox defensive approach from Mourinho. Still alot of time left though, but his football looks uninspiring.

There's nothing unorthodox about it, Mourinho has perfected it down the years...

It's like watching us v Fulham watching this game, cross, clear, cross, clear, cross, clear......

On a different note, I can see why Atletico lost so few home games this season. Thats some imposing atmosphere created by the crowd, very impressive for a 55k seater stadium.

Yea, first time I sat down over a cup of tea and bisquit and watched Aletico Madrid play. Should not be judge on this game and their is still plenty of time left to unlock Chelsea defense.

What an awful boring game. I turned it off at the 60 minute mark.

Hopefully tomorrow's game is good.

Yea, I agree. First time I really watched his team perform and maybe he is not used to this unorthodox defensive approach from Mourinho. Still alot of time left though, but his football looks uninspiring.
You do realize that there is a difference at around 400 million worth of talent between the two teams?