City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

To all you quite frankly, idiots defending city.

Would you do the same if a player was caught abusing drugs to enhance his performance? It's the same thing on a club level. It's cheating. It's financial DOPING. This is what it is called.

Lance armstrong was caught cheating because he broke the rules - he used things to give him an edge he wouldn;t have had otherwise. Hence he was banned and his medals stripped, because he got them by cheating. City have done the exact same thing. Yet because it's not steroids, it's money you think it's OK?

They doped financially, they artificially increased the amount of money they make through fake sponsorship deals and companies and planned it all out and hid it so that they could spend untold billions. Billions that they hadn't earned through the allowed procedures. The same procedures, that every other single club has to follow and be hamstrung by in the league....except one club. Manchester City. They then use this money to buy whoever they please, and hide other payments for god knows what and who. This isn't conjecture it is fact and is all there in black and white for everyone to read. It is financial DOPING.

Exactly this 100%.

Manchester City didn't agree to the FFP rules, they voted against them. Why should they accept being bullied out of the Premier League through mob rule?
Losing a vote is akin to mob rule? :lol:

I'll go out on a limb and assume you didn't think this through...

Interesting point, I live in Norway and the information relating to how much someone earns is very public. I’m not sure how easy it is to hide either if he ever plans on living in Norway as they are extremely strict on foreign earnings with prison as a punishment for wrongly reporting. Carew nearly went to prison over lying about his earnings while playing overseas.

I actually think that because of the overhanging charges, Haaland's salary is probably the most above board one.

Pep doesn't mind about the cheating. He will fight the accusations tooth and nail like he did against the verdict when he was at Bari.

Pep is obviously in denial. No matter what he’s a fantastic coach and has done a great job in managing a big squad and getting them playing sensational football. He’s obviously been lied to about the project he became involved with.

It is strange given he probably had never even heard of City in his playing days, so how he could possibly think the shit loads of money they were spunking to get the players he wanted was anything other than dirty oil money, I don’t know.

:lol:

He knows exactly what’s going on. He has previous - lots of previous - as a cheat.

Both as a player and as a manager.

You're going to be waiting a long time for that because it's not going to happen. At worst they'll get a hefty fine or suspended points deduction.
They will not do what’s right and jeopardise their image of their golden goose (PL brand)

I'm not sure if you're being obtuse on purpose or you're just clueless.

" This came after an investigation spanning more than three years. What's more, in 2014, the club had accepted that it had broken the financial fair play (FFP) regulations set by UEFA "

"City were first charged by UEFA in March 2019, prompting the Premier League to launch their own investigation"

In their verdict clearing City, CAS ruled that much of the evidence had fallen outside of a five-year time limit. The Premier League have not been bound by the same limit..

You can literally google all of the evidence, such as extra payments - how do you think people know about Mancini? This is LITERALLY EVIDENCE that they cheated. They were banned for 2 years on EVIDENCE and went to the court of arbitration to get the ban overturned. Not because of lack of evidence but on a technicality of time. They have already been found guilty previously.

Do you think that the FA would accuse them of 115 charges without evidence. It would be a pretty short trial wouldn't it? There are 115 charges because they are based on individual breakings of the rules - again which would need evidence to trigger said accusations. I don't know what fairy tale make believe world you live in. This isn't like "oh officer i saw him slap that man - there's no grey here. It's black and white, it's documented. Hence why there are 115 charges.

"City are alleged to have provided the Premier League with inaccurate financial information, while they did not disclose the financial remuneration of their managers over a four-year period. One of the managers in question could have been getting paid much more than the club was letting on.

City also failed to comply with UEFA's FFP regulations for five years and have not co-operated with the Premier League during their lengthy investigation"

You think they pulled this out of their ass, without evidence?

So when you make stupid little comments like "give the proof you have to the authorities because they are trying to find it" No you dimwit - THEY HAVE IT. HENCE THE 115 odd ACCUSATIONS. Jesus wept, sticking up for city makes you look like an absolute fool.
Well said. It’s clear as day that City have been flouting the rules for ages and it’s backed by all the available facts. That they don’t cooperate in investigations either tells you that their regime is confident that they can find ways around compliance.

I really hope the rest of the league doubles down on this sham of a football club. But I fear they (their state actually) is too powerful so everyone has to tip toe around their bullshit.

He knows exactly what’s going on. He has previous - lots of previous - as a cheat.

He absolutely knows. Back when he signed on at City people used to think a manager of his stature should only go to clean projects etc Come on, let’s not put people on a high padestal. Pep only cares about trophies and decorating his fancy CV, whether his club commits fraud is something he’ll just distance himself from in no time.

He will accept the final decision. Yeah right.

All hell will break loose from his/their side if they are found guilty. Surely.

At least a 20-point deduction. Missing out on CL football at least sets the back a year in the transfer market and it's better than nothing (which I expect)

A 20 point deduction will not make them miss champions league football. Sad fate.

At least a 20-point deduction. Missing out on CL football at least sets the back a year in the transfer market and it's better than nothing (which I expect)
Relegation and stripping of titles. 20 point deduction won’t mean much in the grand scheme of things. But I agree that it will effectively nothing- either overturn or a ‘slap’ on the knuckles

I believe people need to be realistic City's punishment would be nothing more than slap on the wrists , anyone who thinks Pl would strip City of their titles can't be serious .

Right now Likes of City are atleast Pretending to abide by FFP because they are dining at the top table and over a period of time would legitimise themselves with actual revenues and sponsorship money which has already started due to their onfield success .

But take away that incentive by stripping them of their titles , they would simply drop any pretense and actually go after the legality of FFP restrictions and due to their resources and FFP being on the shaky ground legally , might actually get FFP ended for good

Which it should in all honesty it's a farce created to keep the established order in place masquerading as tool to promote sustainability .

Last edited:
The truth is most “neutrals” adore City, so many allegations but not a peep from the so called pundits who spend day and night praising City. You just know if it was Utd or even Liverpool doing it people would lose their mind. But it is City so no one gives a feck.

I would be genuinely be shocked if anything came out of this other than a slap on the wrist.

If there's any justice in the world, alongside City being erased as a football club, Barcelona will be crushed due to their cheating and Pep will finally be held to account as one of the most blatant cheats in the game.

There's no justice though.

Still, unlike some who like to preface any criticism of Pep with "he's a great coach" I prefer to stick with the reality that he's not, he's quite simply a blatant and very willing cheat.

The truth is most “neutrals” adore City, so many allegations but not a peep from the so called pundits who spend day and night praising City. You just know if it was Utd or even Liverpool doing it people would lose their mind. But it is City so no one gives a feck.

I would be genuinely be shocked if anything came out of this other than a slap on the wrist.

Do they?

Maybe the bellends across the media, but actual football fans?

Do they?

Maybe the bellends across the media, but actual football fans?

I can safely say that among my neutral fans in Poland City are by far and away the most liked team I have ever seen. Virtually everyone I know that isn’t Real Madrid supporter rooted for them in the semifinal (even most of my United supporting friends rooted for them, not to mention fans of other English teams) and pretty much 95% people I know are going to root for them against Inter. People don’t care where the money came from and how legit their operations are.

First off congratulations Arsenal on your first title in a very long time. Well done Pep for avoiding relegation. It’s time to catch up with some old friends…. Love to all

I'm really not seeing this media fawning that others are. Guardian has been pretty critical. I'm sure sky are but they're not serious people.

I believe people need to be realistic City's punishment would be nothing more than slap on the wrists , anyone who thinks Pl would strip City of their titles can't be serious .

Right now Likes of City are atleast Pretending to abide by FFP because they are dining at the top table and over a period of time would legitimise themselves with actual revenues and sponsorship money which has already started due to their onfield success .

But take away that incentive by stripping them of their titles , they would simply drop any pretense and actually go after the legality of FFP restrictions and due to their resources and FFP being on the shaky ground legally , might actually get FFP ended for good

Which it should in all honesty it's a farce created to keep the established order in place masquerading as tool to promote sustainability .
Weird post. Its not on shaky ground in the slightest. They're welcome to try get it removed but it wont be backdated.
If proven no one would hold any regard for the titles they've won. Not stripping them of titles would just devalue the competition and the achievement. Its an entirely reasonable response to the charges.

I'm really not seeing this media fawning that others are. Guardian has been pretty critical. I'm sure sky are but they're not serious people.

Weird post. Its not on shaky ground in the slightest. They're welcome to try get it removed but it wont be backdated.
If proven no one would hold any regard for the titles they've won. Not stripping them of titles would just devalue the competition and the achievement. Its an entirely reasonable response to the charges.
Only thing I can agree upon is removal shouldn't be backdated .
But I would really want Pl to actually strip City of their titles and see how it pans out .

Thing about devaluing the competition is it could happen regardless of what decision PL makes, slap on wrist for City would raise questions , Stripping them of titles would open different can of worms and If this reaches actual courts and gets FFP overturned then how you to see it playing out Club being stripped out of titles on regulations deemed illegal .

Just a speculation on my part City and Pl would come to an agreement without admission of guilt and city gets points deduction for next season and hefty fine .

None of parties want this to be dragged to courts but if push comes to shove PL have more to lose than just face .

Yep, he’s quite obviously taken the decision to align himself with it all and it 100% tarnishes everything he’s done as a manager there. Puts a blot on his whole career really.

'I would like this sorted tomorrow' says Pep Guardiola with a wink as the Man City hierarchy pour a giant sack of sand into the gears of the investigation.

They will not do what’s right and jeopardise their image of their golden goose (PL brand)

Not that I think City will get anything more than a slap on the wrist, but I’d say it’s debatable that clearing them would be perceived as the option with the least reputational damage at this point.

Where has this 20 PT deduction come from? If you told City 12 years ago that after cheating for over a decade that all they would get is a fine and a 20pt deduction but get to keep all their titles they'd have bitten your hand off.

A 20 PT deduction will cost them one league title ultimately. How is that a fair punishment?

All titles should be stripped. They didn't allow Lance Armstrong to keep all his. This should be no different. Let the titles remain vacant with no winners declared. That seems the fairest thing in my eyes.

There is no way they should get away from those 115 charges. Relegation to championship next season, strip of all titles and trophies won over past decade, and ban from European football for 5 years, and ban from all transfer activity over the next 3 years. This will teach them.

Thing about devaluing the competition is it could happen regardless of what decision PL makes, slap on wrist for City would raise questions , Stripping them of titles would open different can of worms and If this reaches actual courts and gets FFP overturned then how you to see it playing out Club being stripped out of titles on regulations deemed illegal .

I don't know the full ins and outs of the legality of the rulings, but surely a company can make up whatever rules it wants. If City don't agree to them rules, they can go play their football elsewhere

I don't know the full ins and outs of the legality of the rulings, but surely a company can make up whatever rules it wants. If City don't agree to them rules, they can go play their football elsewhere
It can. Its a fantasy scenario. They've already agreed to abide by the rules, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on
Even in this fantasy scenario they had a competitive advantage over the 19 other teams who followed this 'illegal' rule and should be stripped of titles.

There are definitely some that admire them and this has contributed to them getting away with all this until now. I think the last thing the PL wanted to do was charge their best team which produced the image of the ‘best’ football for the league. So there has to be some concrete shit in there. It’s mental that we’ve had (and still have to some) a worse rep in terms of ‘cheating’ and ‘buying the refs’ when you’ve got an organisation like them about.

There is no world where they’re just an innocent club who have been incredibly unfortunate to be charged with 115 breaches.

I believe it is illegal but not fully certain about it and once it would be challenged by somebody with considerable resources in Courts chances are it would end getting scrapped .

That's why I don't believe PL would let it get to a stage where they have to defend it in actual courts.

It can. Its a fantasy scenario. They've already agreed to abide by the rules, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on
Even in this fantasy scenario they had a competitive advantage over the 19 other teams who followed this 'illegal' rule and should be stripped of titles.
Wanna make a friendly wager that City won't get stripped of its title and even if they do it would actually end in FFP getting scrapped completely in Courts or diluted beyond recognition .

He’s a fecking liar and a cheat (besides being a bald cnuting fraud too) working for a lying cheating blood soaked regressive state entity hoovering up titles through wholesale systematic fraudulent financial doping which makes ben johnson’s steroid fuelled record breaking run at seoul look like a parking offence.

The only suitable punishment would be for city to be relegated to the Vauxhall conference, stripped of all titles, forced to play at a rebuilt Maine road (to the original 1930s spec) and with Paul Dickov in charge.

Pep is obviously in denial. No matter what he’s a fantastic coach and has done a great job in managing a big squad and getting them playing sensational football. He’s obviously been lied to about the project he became involved with.

It is strange given he probably had never even heard of City in his playing days, so how he could possibly think the shit loads of money they were spunking to get the players he wanted was anything other than dirty oil money, I don’t know.
He knows exactly what he got into, and while he's a sensational manager with the right players, he's also proven over the years to have very adaptable morals and ethics. He doesn't care.

I'm conflicted on this.

On one hand, I have almost zero faith that they'll get any meaningful punishment.

But on the other, them not being punished heavily for having broken the rules repeatedly for years would surely damage the PL brand to a degree that the higher ups can't accept.

115 charges won't be beaten off.
The only questions are how long this will drag out for, and what punishment.

If it's multiple years, then City can rack up another 5 ot 6 trophies, which will make an even sillier mockery of the "6month transfer ban", "£10k fine" and "promise us not to be naughty again" type punishments.