City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Going by general logic on here, no. It's a massive contradiction. Well, maybe not until 20 years down the line.

Replying to posts isn't arguing, but for what it's worth, was actually agreeing with you regarding the validity of stripping their titles if found guilty as a deterrent. Not to prevent them from profiting from it... 20 years from now. That said, the PL has an incentive to make this go away due to their culpability and this probably getting nasty in court, and they may decide for a less punitive option than title stripping.
Regarding the PL, it would make more sense for them at this point to clean house and lay the law down on City rather than getting even grubbier and entering into even more of a cover up situation. Especially if a government regulator is appointed and it’s taken out of the PL hands.

Just find it bizarre that some City supporters can't separate their club from Abu Dhabi Group.

City fans are part of the PR project and yet they can't see it. Or don't want to see it.

They will win the league again and these 'breaches' be forgotten about by the paymasters.

Shameless how Sky are attempting to water it down.

The media now starting to ease up on them after Pep’s defensiveness. I’m sure theyll be working overtime to pressure them into peddling city propaganda.
They also have an army of brainwashed drones in the fan base.

What a soulless club. Honestly at least you love to hate Liverpool and Arsenal, whereas this City team are just devoid of any personality or character. Like does anyone even give a shit about Mahrez, Rodri or Gundogan?

They need to be banished to League 2 just for those banners. What a strange, strange club.

I don’t know wether it was possible to keep this out of the public domain but it appears that it wasn’t. One thing I’m pretty sure of is that City will come out of this smelling of roses. Best thing we can do is forget about the playing field being levelled by the Premier League and just sell ourselves to the richest Middle East country there is and play City at their own game. Either that or just roll over and try to achieve second position in the League. Hope this doesn’t roll on for months before City get the all clear.

My biggest fear is the headlines. I see Man City turning into a cult club with Musk, Trump and Andrew Tate like following.

The club of the types who celebrate corruption just to be a part of a cult club.

The media now starting to ease up on them after Pep’s defensiveness. I’m sure theyll be working overtime to pressure them into peddling city propaganda.
They also have an army of brainwashed drones in the fan base.

Guardiola and City is a match made in heaven. Not because of the football but because of the corruption. As a player he failed two drug tests for Nandrolone. Ultimately cleared, you guessed it, on a technicality. As a coach he presided over the peak era of doping in Spanish football. A subject over which enough question were never asked. Now at City, he does his best to act as some sort of blessed saint - “I’ll quit if they lied to me” - but he works with all the same shady characters he worked with a Barca, and is at the centre of their corruption.

He is undoubtedly a shady, cheating, dishonest piece of shit. Too much evidence in his career to claim the contrary. All he needs to do now to complete his resume, is manage Juventus.

As I said, match made in heaven.

Can anyone think of a single reason Sky might have been desperate to defend the integrity of their multi-billion pound investment today? I’m really stumped.

Doesn’t help when you’ve got Neville coming out in defence of them. Rob Harris was the sole voice of reason earlier.

not watching, but I believe Neville has said before that he doesn't like the current FFP rules because they ensure that the same teams will always stay on top.
Because Neville would also like to give his club an unfair competitive advantage with his finances. The self absorbed feck.

Doesn’t help when you’ve got Neville coming out in defence of them. Rob Harris was the sole voice of reason earlier.

I’ll never forget when the Super League fiasco happened and Neville was like ‘Liverpool, Spurs, United and Arsenal are a disgrace to English football. Not happy with City and Chelsea either But feck these four teams I mentioned first‘

I dunno if him and Sky are shit scared of City’s litigious nature?

Was that CL ban thing a few years back just disproved or moved to suspended sentence? Uefa certainly banned them for two years IIRC before the appeals started so that's an easy punishment to reactivate once these charges are proven.

League just needs to grow some balls. Not expecting relegation or anything dramatic like that but Juventus were given -15 pretty swiftly so there's a precedent from another league on a similar line of enquiry.

I’ll never forget when the Super League fiasco happened and Neville was like ‘Liverpool, Spurs, United and Arsenal are a disgrace to English football. Not happy with City and Chelsea either But feck these four teams I mentioned first‘

I’m not sure if he’s even aware of it consciously but I believe he totally has a soft spot for them.

Was that CL ban thing a few years back just disproved or moved to suspended sentence? Uefa certainly banned them for two years IIRC before the appeals started so that's an easy punishment to reactivate once these charges are proven.

League just needs to grow some balls. Not expecting relegation or anything dramatic like that but Juventus were given -15 pretty swiftly so there's a precedent from another league on a similar line of enquiry.
Got off on technicality due to time-barred evidence when they appealed it at CAS, if I’m not wrong.

Got off on technicality due to time-barred evidence when they appealed it at CAS, if I’m not wrong.

Ah right. Think Uefa dropped in the sentence a week or two before covid suspended day to day life so I lost track of how they actually wriggled out of any sort of ban in the end from european competitions.

Rest assured they'll be intently studying all the small print again from what they've been charged with. I did read they can't appeal to CAS this time though?

I really hope the Premier League makes an example of them.

If Qatar buy United I hope our fans don't find themselves looking as stupid

Pep said they have good lawyers in his press conference, and it's was same lawyers who beat the Uefa wrap. Seems confident it's not City it's the Premier league who have got over 100 charges wrong. And they need to look at other clubs first.
I'm in the camp that they will get away with it again and again . So when will it stop. It seems to me they've closed the stable door after the horse has bolted..... I'm hoping not and a Premier league exclusion is the only answer .

He's probably got property investments with them somewhere.

I always thought it was Neville saying he expected better from Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal because they're big traditional clubs with great history where as City and Chelsea are shite no mark clubs that won the lottery and so of course they'd go and join a Super League.

If anyone NEEDS the best lawyer in the land, then that's the brightest red flag right there.