City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Missed the game today, what did SKY, Neville, carra etc have to say on the matter?

Not really buddy, weird and all as it sounds I want us punished for this "unless" there is clear and unequivocal proof we are innocent (which we both know there won't be.)
Do the crime, do the time. I'd be a massive hypocrite, with all the times I called other clubs out for their issues and what they deserve to then hope we walk away free.

We broke the rules and we should pay the price.

Fair play, you are the first AND ONLY City fan I know online or in real life that has any self awareness. The best compliment I can give you is you are Bluemoon's @Klopper76 ;)

I'm in the camp that they will get away with it again and again . So when will it stop. It seems to me they've closed the stable door after the horse has bolted..... I'm hoping not and a Premier league exclusion is the only answer .
Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if they get away with it this time too. I can't shake the feeling this is all hot air and it will all amount to nothing or just the mildest punishment imaginable.

Fair play, you are the first AND ONLY City fan I know online or in real life that has any self awareness. The best compliment I can give you is you are Bluemoon's @Klopper76 ;)

I'm a much bigger asshole than Klopper who is a gentleman.

Pep said they have good lawyers in his press conference, and it's was same lawyers who beat the Uefa wrap. Seems confident it's not City it's the Premier league who have got over 100 charges wrong. And they need to look at other clubs first.
I'm in the camp that they will get away with it again and again . So when will it stop. It seems to me they've closed the stable door after the horse has bolted..... I'm hoping not and a Premier league exclusion is the only answer .
What does that say about the Premier League and UEFA? It says that they have no control or jurisdiction over the clubs. Either that or they just bring false charges for no reason. If they loose then the Qataris/Saudis/ Oil men own the league and no one can or will do fk all about it.

This is the biggest problem I have with all of their pathetic excuses. They literally had the power to put two middle fingers up to everyone in football who have accused them of wrong doing - had they actually been innocent. But by doing everything in their power to disrupt the investigation they have come across as very disingenuous and arrogant arseholes, who very much know they’d be in deep shit if they did the right thing.

If my club was ever found guilty of this level of misconduct then I’d be absolutely furious and would not defend them at all. Though I’d continue to support them if they cleaned up their act. A majority of the city fans with an online presence though mirror their club. Arrogant, trashy and full of shit.
Couldn't reply sooner due to this weird 5 post daily limit that redcafe seems to have.

Anyhow, I don't understand your line of thinking at all. The Premier League is a body whereby all its key executives are appointed through a vote by the member clubs. The majority of those same clubs have been pushing hard for Manchester City to be heavily punished through this FFP investigation.

Therefore, it's very understandable that Manchester City haven't wanted to show their hand to the Premier League during this investigation; they never believed they were going to be given a fair hearing due to the overbearing influence their rivals have on the process. Indeed, Manchester City see the Premier League as their enemy in this matter and with good reason.

Couldn't reply sooner due to this weird 5 post daily limit that redcafe seems to have.

Anyhow, I don't understand your line of thinking at all. The Premier League is a body whereby all its key executives are appointed through a vote by the member clubs. The majority of those same clubs have been pushing hard for Manchester City to be heavily punished through this FFP investigation.

Therefore, it's very understandable that Manchester City haven't wanted to show their hand to the Premier League during this investigation; they never believed they were going to be given a fair hearing due to the overbearing influence their rivals have on the process. Indeed, Manchester City see the Premier League as their enemy in this matter and with good reason.
:lol:

You'e just wasted another post with this drivel.

The 5 post daily limit is indeed weird, especially considering newbies post such well-thought out, sensible and absolutely-not-risible takes as these.

That’s a shame because City are likely to pull a stunt in court like the “ if the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit” debacle.
Then we must as fans make it so that the City Group lose no matter what. If they manage to take it out of courts on a technicality, then just have fans not show up at City games all over the country. Make them such a big farce that the Abu Dhabi authorities behind the City group stop seeing this as a beneficial PR project to them. Make their juice not worth the squeeze basically.

:lol:

You'e just wasted another post with this drivel.
The 5 post daily limit is indeed weird, especially considering newbies post such well-thought out, sensible and absolutely-not-risible takes as these.
:lol: What an utterly appalling level of debate.

Love the irony of you refusing to dignify my carefully rationalised post with anything at all constructive.

The banner needs to go back up.

47 years and counting. That would really boil some piss.

35-years.jpg

:lol: What an utterly appalling level of debate.

Love the irony of you refusing to dignify my carefully rationalised post with anything at all constructive.

Oh gosh, you are genuinely laughable and therefore not sure what else to do to “dignify” you. Can you try dignifying yourself, will that help do you reckon? Sorry otherwise all out of ideas for ya, Senor Sloppy Rationality.

If Manchester City see the PL as their "enemy" then perhaps, if they are not going to follow the rules and regulations of the body itself, they can piss off back to irrelevance in League One?

You surely understand if they'd just shown their book sand everything was fine, this investigation along with all these allegations would have died in 2018/2019?

If they dont get any punishment now, the Premier League looks very weak and the Super League will gain more traction.

I dont have any hopes of the Premier League getting it right

If Manchester City see the PL as their "enemy" then perhaps, if they are not going to follow the rules and regulations of the body itself, they can piss off back to irrelevance in League One?
Maybe they can start a new league with PSG and Newcastle. They can switch playing around between Europe and their owners place of abode.

You surely understand if they'd just shown their book sand everything was fine, this investigation along with all these allegations would have died in 2018/2019?
You're putting far too much faith in the black vs white objectivity of both the Premier League executive and the fields of accounting/law.

What does that say about the Premier League and UEFA? It says that they have no control or jurisdiction over the clubs. Either that or they just bring false charges for no reason. If they loose then the Qataris/Saudis/ Oil men own the league and no one can or will do fk all about it.
I agree, and sincerely hope that they get kicked out of the league, more needs to be said about it more on Tv like sky sports , more on Radio sports stations, these outlets have the common ear , there's not enough being spoken openly about it. The Premier league has given them 100 or so charges , its the same league that runs in conjunction with SKY so that outlet should be backing the Premier league.... it doesn’t look like that .

You're putting far too much faith in the black vs white objectivity of both the Premier League executive and the fields of accounting/law.
I've said this before, it's entirely possible they are in breach of one and not the other

Guess we’ll find out in 2-4 years if City are guilty. When they’ve won a few more trophies .

The way they have completely doubled down and almost seem to believe its OK if they're guilty (based on the chants) is galling.

I still love how they boo the CL anthem, and now added the non entity that is the PL anthem to their list. What’s next? Imagine if they turned on Oasis.

Hey! The Gallagher brothers are the closest thing they have to club legends as far as their new fans are concerned.

State Ownership should definitely be banned. Talk of Qatar spending 5 billion on a second football club when they wont spend money on water or shelter for the people building their country is abhorrent.
State ownership won't be banned. Have to live with it. Most enjoyed world cup without any regrets then what moral right we have to question them now. We people are as much hypocrite as those rule fifa uefa and fa too. They proudly displayed most successful fifa world cup. We made them as winners. Nothing we can do.

State ownership won't be banned. Have to live with it. Most enjoyed world cup without any regrets then what moral right we have to question them now. We people are as much hypocrite as those rule fifa uefa and fa too. They proudly displayed most successful fifa world cup. We made them as winners. Nothing we can do.
Speak for yourself

If they were innocent they would absolutely have cooperated. If their books weren't cooked then there wouldn't have been an issue. Of course there wouldn't have been an investigation either in the first place. Do you really think City, with their billions and the means to have the most expensive legal team available working round the clock, were afraid of trumped up charges and being framed?

EDIT: You're also supposed to specify who you support on your profile if it's not United btw, and there's no chance you're a United fan.