City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

I'm not optimistic.

Everton got so quickly dealt with, that the FA taking time on punishing City seems like they are just trying to let it bypass.

Well they had the easiest bypass in the world when UEFA had to let them off. The PL could've easily have said that there was nothing to see and swept it under the carpet there and then.

Good man Jose!

"As you know, we won the Europa League [in 2017] and we finished second in the Premier League [in 2018]," he said.

"I think we still have a chance to win that league in 2018 because maybe they punish Man City with points and maybe we win that league and then they have to pay me the bonus and give me the medal."

Good man Jose!

"As you know, we won the Europa League [in 2017] and we finished second in the Premier League [in 2018]," he said.

"I think we still have a chance to win that league in 2018 because maybe they punish Man City with points and maybe we win that league and then they have to pay me the bonus and give me the medal."
He should argue for the cup medal at Spurs as well.

I'm not optimistic.

Everton got so quickly dealt with, that the FA taking time on punishing City seems like they are just trying to let it bypass.
Everton admitted their guilt at the first opportunity and were sentenced.

For contrast, this is a summary of how Man City responded to being notified they were being investigated:

There is one reason and one reason only why this case is not settled yet. When the PL launched the procedure for the 115 charges, City made sure that it got stuck in the courts for almost 3 years challenging every technical aspect it could to delay it.

A summary:
November-December 2018: The Premier League write to City requesting certain information and documents in relation to potential breaches of their rules — known as the information claim. City object to the request — after what has been published by Der Spiegel/the Football Leaks.
21 August 2019: The PL issue a complaint against City, since it has still not received the documents and information it has the right to receive under the Premier League Rules and which City refuse to give the PL access to. City responds by challenging the PL's disciplinary system, challenging a technicality (only highly regarded barristers could be elected for the commission).
22 October 2019: With the documents and information not forthcoming, the PL begin arbitration against the club seeking a declaration that they are contractually obliged to provide them. The club try to stop the arbitration by arguing to the tribunal involved that the PL had no power to start it. They also claim that the tribunal does not appear impartial.
26 June 2020: City issue an application in the Commercial Court repeating their argument that the tribunal lacks jurisdiction on the information claim and is tainted with “bias”.
2 November 2020: City’s claim that it has no obligation to to pass on the requested information and documents to the PL — is rejected. It’s clearly stated in the rules that they must do so. The order to provide them is however postponed pending the outcome of the Commercial Court case.
17 March 2021: In the Commercial Court, Mrs Justice Moulder more or less summarily dismisses the club's challenge to the jurisdiction and impartiality of the tribunal, dismantling the City’s lawyers arguments clearly hinting that it was felt that it had abused the public court system. She refuses permission to appeal her judgment.
24 March 2021: Mrs Justice Moulder said her judgment should be published, in order to reveal the lengths to which City had attempted to resist passing on information to the PL. City successfully seeked permission to appeal the decision to make the information public in the Court of Appeal. So we get another delay (I think you are starting to get the drift by now, it’s an appeal of an appeal of an appeal about a pure nonsense technicality. On a side
30 June 2021: The Court of Appeal opens its hearing into the club's appeal against publication. The Court of Appeal handed down its decision dismissing the appeal.

So it took the PL almost three years to just have it sorted out that it has the right to receive the information the Premier League Rules clearly states that City must submit to the PL. After this, we know that City made another challenge of the impartiality of an experienced barrister in no way connected to the Premier League, in KC Murray Rosen. How much delay this caused is unknown.

During this time, City was also sentenced by UEFA for failing to produce requested information and delaying procedures.

I am sure we all come across City PR people, at twitter, during City’s PCs, and so forth, telling us that the reason no decision have been made against City is because it is quote “complicated“. Decide for yourself!

Source:

Imagine the difference that would have made to both our club and mourinho had he won the title that season instead of city based financial doping, he would probably still be our manager as the glazers would have been worshipping him for winning a league title considering the low standards this club has set with managers post fergie

I'm assuming they'd finish early because enough evidence has already been presented to bring about a conviction, so they don't need the extra time?

Edit: just read the tweet. You tend to miss things when posting on a few hours sleep.

Last edited:
I'm assuming they'd finish early because enough evidence has already been presented to bring about a conviction, so they don't need the extra time?
I'd rather they took the time and looked at absolutely everything and punish them for every single thing wrong they've done. We've had to wait 10 years, take a few more months and banish them to another dimension.

I'd rather they took the time and looked at absolutely everything and punish them for every single thing wrong they've done. We've had to wait 10 years, take a few more months and banish them to another dimension.
Yes I agree. Wouldn't want their legal team finding any loopholes because things have been rushed.