City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches | Hearing begins 16th September 2024

Probably after rules have been fiddled to save them.

This is what I think will happen.

The bent money sources that are the subject of this investigation is the very sources that will make it go away.

CIty will only get a menial pointless punishment.

They will pay about 100 million bucks as a fine, get the statue of Lady Justice on top and that’s it.

20 point deduction and £100 million fine incoming.

The bent money sources that are the subject of this investigation is the very sources that will make it go away.

I really don't believe this will be the case. The PL had the chance to ignore city's cheating after the UEFA charges failed. But they very publicly brought these 115 charges and would be bringing too much backlash onto themselves if they now bodge the prosecution of those charges.

They're going down.

siAajY3.gif

I really don't believe this will be the case. The PL had the chance to ignore city's cheating after the UEFA charges failed. But they very publicly brought these 115 charges and would be bringing too much backlash onto themselves if they now bodge the prosecution of those charges.

They're going down.

I have been saying this as well. I feel the whole argument that they'll bend the rules/pay people off is absolute nonsense. City's charges could easily have been dropped/looked over. How people think the PL would go through this whole song and dance, to only go 'yeah, ok, you're alright' is absolute nonsense. Only way City get off is if they have irrefutable proof that they are innocent of all the charges.

The problem will be sentencing. Tbh, with so many charges and the lack of co-operation, nothing bar 120 point deduction/explusion is suitable.

However, if a decision like that does come down, I suspect it will be in the tail end of a season. The PL will not want to hurt the product by essentially making the league a 19 team league.

Wait until the government step in and pressure the PL in 3…. 2…. 1….

Astonished if anything happens to the most corrupt organisation in British football history.

Prove me wrong.

Wait until the government step in and pressure the PL in 3…. 2…. 1….

Astonished if anything happens to the most corrupt organisation in British football history.

Prove me wrong.

It’s obvious this is going to happen. It’s already been revealed that Man City have came up in conversations between the British government and Abu Dhabi.

I have been saying this as well. I feel the whole argument that they'll bend the rules/pay people off is absolute nonsense. City's charges could easily have been dropped/looked over. How people think the PL would go through this whole song and dance, to only go 'yeah, ok, you're alright' is absolute nonsense. Only way City get off is if they have irrefutable proof that they are innocent of all the charges.

The problem will be sentencing. Tbh, with so many charges and the lack of co-operation, nothing bar 120 point deduction/explusion is suitable.

However, if a decision like that does come down, I suspect it will be in the tail end of a season. The PL will not want to hurt the product by essentially making the league a 19 team league.

I think there will be multiple relegations and obviously the titles will be stripped, but the key issue going forward will be the ownership. The present owners clearly can't be allowed to continue if, as it seems, they've not only cheated and lied, they've made it as difficult as possible to get to the truth.

Not sure clamping down on ffp means otherwise?
You firmly believe in what you're saying and have done ever since the topic was raised. I'm in the camp that believes anything and everything will be done to get them off or have them done lightly with a punishment that doesn't tarnish the league nor upset their owners or put the government in a precarious position where billions go up in smoke.

We'll see, but for now, the notion anything serious will happen to them is still risible to me.

It will be interesting how Man City "get away with it". They will get away with it if course.

If Chelsea "get away with it", it'll be because it was under previous ownership and Clearlake self snitched. If they don't give any kind of merit for self snitching and being helpful, everyone going forward will just go the Man City route.

It will be interesting how Man City "get away with it". They will get away with it if course.

If Chelsea "get away with it", it'll be because it was under previous ownership and Clearlake self snitched. If they don't give any kind of merit for self snitching and being helpful, everyone going forward will just go the Man City route.

Chelsea's does seem to be a very different case to be fair. And I agree, self reporting should come with some kind of relief.

Though it does seem like Chelsea need to face some pretty severe sanctions as well for long term cheating. Who would have thought that Roman was cooking the books?

The PL is a cooperative? What are they going to do? Bribe the other 19 clubs to drop the investigation?

Chelsea's does seem to be a very different case to be fair. And I agree, self reporting should come with some kind of relief.

Though it does seem like Chelsea need to face some pretty severe sanctions as well for long term cheating. Who would have thought that Roman was cooking the books?
I think a transfer ban might do the club some good!
Depending on the nature of the cheating, I care more or less. Bribing refs or oppo players is obviously the worst.

Overpaying agents? I don't really give a shit about that.

Can easily see this becoming a diplomatic issue.

If it does come to that, then what is stopping them from continuing to cheat, because they know the UK government is protecting them from any punishment?

Also what's to the stop every team in the league from deciding to cheat due to seeing City get away with it.

Nothing will ever happen, their transgressions will be whitewashed,.
Their titles will always have an asterisk beside them in my eyes.

Best thing to happen was the Everton deduction it gives the FA no easy out. I’m fully expecting a relegation minimum in all honesty. Stripping titles won’t bother me too much because their legacy will already be tarnished at that stage anyway.

If it does come to that, then what is stopping them from continuing to cheat, because they know the UK government is protecting them from any punishment?

Also what's to the stop every team in the league from deciding to cheat due to seeing City get away with it.

The majority of clubs don't have a nation state behind them threatening to pull billions of funding out of the country?

IRT the EPL bringing charges, are the clubs involved in any sort of league-wide action? If so, is it only EPL clubs or does it expand to all clubs in the football league system?

For example, NFL ownerships vote on most league-wide actions although the commissioner/league has certain authority in some instances like player conduct. If the EPL is similar then City would need a percentage of clubs to side with them, or cast a no vote/something vote that aids City's defense.

The most annoying part about the radio silence from the PL/City regarding this case is the gap in information being filled by nonsense conspiracy theories amongst casual fans and journalists that has been accepted as fact by most if not all.

Can easily see this becoming a diplomatic issue.

Aye, these things go way above football, especially when state ownership is involved. It didn't take them long to make sure Roman was removed from Chelsea.

It's just like the Newcastle takeover, when it was stalled. Allegedly it only too a few messages from MBS to the PM to get that pushed over ths line.

Agreed. Brown envelopes for all!

The most annoying part about the radio silence from the PL/City regarding this case is the gap in information being filled by nonsense conspiracy theories amongst casual fans and journalists that has been accepted as fact by most if not all.
What conspiracies do you think are afoot or commentary you think isn't feasible?

Money>* this is the way of the world, and if billions of pounds are on the line, you don't think an intervention or some kind of wrangling to prevent that from happening cannot/will not occur?

Money>*. What more is there to it than that?

The ownership group of City can literally threaten the relations between countries, throw the cost of energy into doubt, etc.

It’s why there is a vast sea of difference between billionaire backers and actual state ownership.

If I’m not mistaken the irregularities were in payments that are outside of UEFA penalty reach timelines, and when they occurred they wouldn’t have been violations of PL rules at the time, so …. I don’t see where they matter at all.

I would love to know how they intend to justify having by far the highest wage bill in English Football history despite being a small club that cant sellout its home games, tbe wage bill they currently have is simply not sustainable for a club their size.

Last edited:
What conspiracies do you think are afoot or commentary you think isn't feasible?

Money>* this is the way of the world, and if billions of pounds are on the line, you don't think an intervention or some kind of wrangling to prevent that from happening cannot/will not occur?

Money>*. What more is there to it than that?
Don't be silly. We all know that Pep > Money.

They will be relegated, appeal it, be overturned and it will drag on for 3-4 years until the PL get a grip on it, then City just breakaway to the Super League.

It’s proven by the media gush over City that all they want is the best players playing together, even if it’s done illegally at a small club who can’t even fill out to watch them. Hence why the owners will be like what the feck are we doing facing all these rules when we could just breakaway and do what we like in our own league, giving the fans what they want. Of course it’s the opposite of what real football fans in this country want.

There's huge question mark over whether or not that is actually true though, that article is a year old as well.

That's the point though isn't it?

Everybody already knows that there's no way a club like that can genuinely have a bigger revenue than the biggest clubs in Europe.