Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

7.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Funny how last year we apparently didn't have the midfield, and yet we're suddenly trying to play possession football with two players we had last season. It was criminal how underused Eriksen was last season, especially with how important he was the season before, thankfully we stumbled across him again and found a solution under our nose all along.
I don't think it's funny at all. We didn't have players available at the back to help play out from the back outside of Dalot. Licha and Shaw were out for most of the season and Maguire / Evans / Lindelof simply weren't good for that play stylistically. We can afford to play Eriksen knowing Mazraoui, De Ligt and Dalot have sufficient recovery pace between them.

I don't think it's funny at all. We didn't have players available at the back to help play out from the back outside of Dalot. Licha and Shaw were out for most of the season and Maguire / Evans / Lindelof simply weren't good for that play stylistically. We can afford to play Eriksen knowing Mazraoui, De Ligt and Dalot have sufficient recovery pace between them.

Martinez and Shaw weren't out all season, even when they played it was the same. We also had Varane, Reguilon who is perfectly capable on the ball, Wan Bissaka who has decent recovery pace and was tidy on the ball (he got a lot of plaudits in some games for this, even if he's not super dynamic in what he's doing). We were getting out possessed by Burnley (38% at their place :lol:) and other teams near the bottom of the table, whilst having 11 technically superior players on the pitch and players like Eriksen on the bench.

His impact on the team suggests our first purchase next Summer should be a playmaker, likely to replace him and Casemiro

if he had legs you'd be extending his contract

I think that's debatable as we haven't seen it in 6 years. Also, does he have the legs to cover the ground Bruno does? Remember - Bruno doesn't just sit there as a 10, being creative on the ball and doing nothing off the ball.
No, which is why Bruno still has to play. But yes, we have seen it - when he gets the chance he plays passes no one else including Bruno had seen.

Martinez and Shaw weren't out all season, even when they played it was the same. We also had Varane, Reguilon who is perfectly capable on the ball, Wan Bissaka who has decent recovery pace and was tidy on the ball (he got a lot of plaudits in some games for this, even if he's not super dynamic in what he's doing). We were getting out possessed by Burnley (38% at their place :lol:) and other teams near the bottom of the table, whilst having 11 technically superior players on the pitch and players like Eriksen on the bench.
I don't think Wan Bissaka is remotely tidy on the ball, and Reguilon could never get a run of games together for fitness. He came played and was out for 4 weeks then couldn't get back to it. He couldn't even rediscover much at Brentford either.

Licha when he returned was not fully fit and it was obvious. It came out later that he wasn't playing at full capacity and should have had the surgery months prior

Back on wan bissaka, teams literally targeted him to press because he had no ability to play under pressure and carry it up from deep areas.

His impact on the team suggests our first purchase next Summer should be a playmaker, likely to replace him and Casemiro

Agreed. Need a play maker to balance Mainoo and Ugarte. Then its up to front 3 to be as creative/productive as Liverpools.

He never had legs but he's been one of the best creators the league has seen. Ugarte and Mainoo can be the legs.

Last edited:
Couldn't believe this

Christian Eriksen Premier League minutes per assist for Man Utd from midfield: 335

Bruno Fernandes Premier League minutes per assist from attack: 348

Couldn't believe this

Christian Eriksen Premier League minutes per assist for Man Utd from midfield: 335

but how many misplaced passes from Bruno compared to Christian?

Couldn't believe this

It’s also a lot easier to assist when your frontmen are Kane and Son. Clinical guys. But great stats from Eriksen all the way, he’s always been a stable performer with a high bottom performance.

It’s also a lot easier to assist when your frontmen are Kane and Son. Clinical guys. But great stats from Eriksen all the way, he’s always been a stable performer with a high bottom performance.
The stats (no idea if they are accurate) are just for United, not including Spurs

The stats (no idea if they are accurate) are just for United, not including Spurs
I guess another thing to consider is if Bruno has been playing in a lot more of the tougher games than Eriksen. Bruno has been a constant through the good and the bad, Eriksen hasn't usually started in the biggest games, especially last season.

I think Eriksen as been one of the main reasons we’ve been playing decent the last 3 games. Just ashame he’s getting on a bit. He’s so good on the ball. Good at controlling the game, creative. We need a younger version of him to kick on.

Oh, read it like just the prem. Interesting then.
Just FYI:
“Christian Eriksen’s Spurs debut in September 2013 to the point he left in January 2020, he created the most chances (571), provided the most assists (62), scored the most goals from outside the box (23), and scored the most direct free-kicks (8), Most in the PL.”

I think Eriksen as been one of the main reasons we’ve been playing decent the last 3 games. Just ashame he’s getting on a bit. He’s so good on the ball. Good at controlling the game, creative. We need a younger version of him to kick on.

Agreed, he's been very good.

Just FYI:
“Christian Eriksen’s Spurs debut in September 2013 to the point he left in January 2020, he created the most chances (571), provided the most assists (62), scored the most goals from outside the box (23), and scored the most direct free-kicks (8), Most in the PL.”
Great stats, but Who are they comparing with? For those stats to truly compare with, then his competitors must also have played from 2013-2020 leaving many great players out of the equation. Just had a quick look on fantasy football’s stats and in the period 2014-202 period De Bruyne and Eriksen has 73 assists, albeit De Bruyne does it all in fewee games. Almost two seasons less he does it in actually.

Never the less it shows how stable a great player like him can be, and was at Spurs.

Great stats, but Who are they comparing with? For those stats to truly compare with, then his competitors must also have played from 2013-2020 leaving many great players out of the equation. Just had a quick look on fantasy football’s stats and in the period 2014-202 period De Bruyne and Eriksen has 73 assists, albeit De Bruyne does it all in fewee games. Almost two seasons less he does it in actually.

Never the less it shows how stable a great player like him can be, and was at Spurs.
Yes, it wasn’t to say that he’s better than KdB

Your argument is that Eriksen lost it in 2 games over the last 3 years and it led to goals. That's your argument for someone losing the ball 34 times in one game. I'm just stressing how bad Bruno is playing and how much time it would take Eriksen to replicate those figures.

The reason Bruno creates more and the reason Eriksen lost possessions might lead to goals are the same. Bruno plays in attack and Eriksen plays in midfield.
Eriksen keeps the ball far better than Bruno so no point in talking about getting dispossessed. Never seen a more wasteful player than Bruno over the last couple of years. One performance vs City changes nothing
There's another example tonight in case you needed reminding how often Eriksen doesn't have his windmirrors on.

He's in an unbelievable spell in terms of finishing, but we have conceded so many goals because of him getting caught out in out own half. Needs to play as a 10 or not play at all

Great hit, but as with Bruno, I really don't want to see him on the ball in our defensive third.

He should be playing as the no 10. instead of Bruno.

Will give us better consistency. He struggles defensively deep and doesnt have legs

There's another example tonight in case you needed reminding how often Eriksen doesn't have his windmirrors on.
Hahaha you quote after that match. Eriksen scores a worldie. Made a mistake for the goal fair enough and Bruno was by far the worst player on the pitch. You're being ridiculous

I can live with the mistake, but it feels we're overplaying him at this moment. He needs to be more advanced as well.

Hahaha you quote after that match. Eriksen scores a worldie. Made a mistake for the goal fair enough and Bruno was by far the worst player on the pitch. You're being ridiculous
This isn't a pro-Bruno post from me. At this rate, I'd consider dropping them both.

Re-read the post you're replying to. Eriksen is prone to getting dispossessed in dangerous areas as he's not press-resistant.

This isn't a pro-Bruno post from me. At this rate, I'd consider dropping them both.

Re-read the post you're replying to. Eriksen is prone to getting dispossessed in dangerous areas as he's not press-resistant.
Look at my first post you replied to. I don't think we're disagreeing much. I said play Eriksen ahead of Bruno. Meaning, play him in the 10, he's excellent in that area of the field.

Eriksen is a danger in a midfield 2, I completely agree, he loses the ball in poor areas but I'm just sick of seeing Bruno's he's so poor right now.

I know it’s a team game, but I’m surprised Eriksen didn’t take some personal responsibility for their goal in the post-match interview.

I think, he played reasonably well, but starting him the fourth time in 8 days is just dumb... sorry, I really can't say anything else about that. When we win this game, at least we have something from it but with a result like that, it just feels bad. Hopefully that ends the fawning over him for a while. If he is the answer, then the question is bad.

Look at my first post you replied to. I don't think we're disagreeing much. I said play Eriksen ahead of Bruno. Meaning, play him in the 10, he's excellent in that area of the field.

Eriksen is a danger in a midfield 2, I completely agree, he loses the ball in poor areas but I'm just sick of seeing Bruno's he's so poor right now.
Fair enough. Mount could end up being the solution due to his work rate. Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me to see Bruno pull a worldie out of the bag vs Spurs.

Great for our goal, poor for theirs.
Been on a bit of a resurgence so far this season.

I think, he played reasonably well, but starting him the fourth time in 8 days is just dumb... sorry, I really can't say anything else about that. When we win this game, at least we have something from it but with a result like that, it just feels bad. Hopefully that ends the fawning over him for a while. If he is the answer, then the question is bad.
Our clown of a manager is in survival mode and will run Eriksen into the ground to save his own skin.