Christian Eriksen image 14

Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

Anyone else dislike him, lovely story overcoming his heart issue. Still, never warmed to him since he arrived. He's like a luxury player that's incapable of tackling. Clearly staying to pick up the wage like Lindelof and leaving then. Be glad when all these unambitious players leave, fair play to Ineos moving some on. More work to do, getting rid of a poor mentality.

With Mount out there is absolutely no reason for him not to get some minutes as sub to Bruno few times a month with two midfielders behind him now when we have Ugarte, he has proved during the EUROs that he is not past it completely, certainly doesn't look much worse than someone like Casemiro or Rashford(in regards to their own positions) who play every game for us.
Monumental difference between the pace and intensity of international football and the PL. He’s donezo.

Monumental difference between the pace and intensity of international football and the PL. He’s donezo.

I know there is, but I don't think playing Bruno every game 90 minutes again this year will be any better than giving Eriksen some minutes now and then.

With Mount out there is absolutely no reason for him not to get some minutes as sub to Bruno few times a month with two midfielders behind him now when we have Ugarte, he has proved during the EUROs that he is not past it completely, certainly doesn't look much worse than someone like Casemiro or Rashford(in regards to their own positions) who play every game for us.
Yeah he had good Euros. Perhaps his best position now is number 10 but Bruno's there so guess we'll see him more often in Europa League and domestic cups.

You've some players who get better when the don't play (Mount, Van Der been initially) and you've some who get worse when they don't play. Eriksen is a very good player who I hope to see quite a bit of this season.

How did we end up giving him a 3 year deal in the first place? An old player picked up on a free as a stopgap and we decide we need to guarantee his wage for 3 years to ensure we can't get rid of him until his contract runs out.

Ten Hag didn't fancy him last season despite massive injury problems so God knows what sort of contribution we're expecting of him this year.

You've some players who get better when the don't play (Mount, Van Der been initially) and you've some who get worse when they don't play. Eriksen is a very good player who I hope to see quite a bit of this season.

If he's playing next to Ugarte and Mainoo or Casemiro then he might have a surprising number of good matches.

If he's playing next to Casemiro and Bruno then it's not the best idea.

Whenever he plays the team becomes composed. There is a clear direction. Smart and skillful player. Sad that we could not pick up a prime Eriksen.

Anyone else dislike him, lovely story overcoming his heart issue. Still, never warmed to him since he arrived. He's like a luxury player that's incapable of tackling. Clearly staying to pick up the wage like Lindelof and leaving then. Be glad when all these unambitious players leave, fair play to Ineos moving some on. More work to do, getting rid of a poor mentality.

What a daft post.

As our third choice no10 behind Bruno and Mount he’s great. A touch unnecessary perhaps but a good player for that role.

This business of trying to play him in a deeper role has never really worked for me. I can’t remember a single game where he played behind Bruno and been effective.

As our third choice no10 behind Bruno and Mount he’s great. A touch unnecessary perhaps but a good player for that role.

This business of trying to play him in a deeper role has never really worked for me. I can’t remember a single game where he played behind Bruno and been effective.
I definitely get what you mean though I think overall he was pretty decent is his first half season here. I recall a fairly big fuss being made when it was known he was going to be out of a couple of months after that tackle from Carroll so he was doing something right prior. Actually I think that moment ruined any momentum and form he had and he hasn't been the same since really.

Probably should only have been offered a 2+1 deal in the first place and I'm sure we'd have moved him on this window if we had the right offer come in.

Agree though when he is used now it should be as a back-up 10, not further back. Maybe he might rotate in for some of the Europa/League cup games.

Please elaborate why, are you convinced he's committed to United going forward.

He doesn't deserve the disrespect.

He sounds like he wants to leave to play more, for one.

The performed well for us until he was intentionally injured by Andy Carroll, for another.

Most footballers have major limitations, many change during their careers and usually you manage the squad or team selections to mitigate some of that. He's been asked to perform a role we lacked that he can do ok but exaggerates his weaknesses. That's not his fault.

Seems an excellent option in the last 20 mins in almost every situation. Can keep the ball, can slow things down but can also move us up the field.

Just don't make him run for more than a few minutes and it'll be okay .

Seems an excellent option in the last 20 mins in almost every situation. Can keep the ball, can slow things down but can also move us up the field.

Just don't make him run for more than a few minutes and it'll be okay .
Except when we are hanging on by a thread in the last 10 mins, and we need midfielders who can track runners. But I would prefer Eriksen over Bruno during those last 10-15 mins tbh

He doesn't deserve the disrespect.

He sounds like he wants to leave to play more, for one.

The performed well for us until he was intentionally injured by Andy Carroll, for another.

Most footballers have major limitations, many change during their careers and usually you manage the squad or team selections to mitigate some of that. He's been asked to perform a role we lacked that he can do ok but exaggerates his weaknesses. That's not his fault.
That's a fair enough point, I personally feel he's not bothered or would have pushed for move. Scott was brought on the last two games over him, more than a hint from the manager in my opinion.

That's a fair enough point, I personally feel he's not bothered or would have pushed for move. Scott was brought on the last two games over him, more than a hint from the manager in my opinion.

One is a player who can run into the box and get on the end of things

The other a player can unlock a low block defence with his passing.

Both have uses depending on the situation, opposition and other players on the pitch and their performances in the game/ fitness etc.

Eriksen should probably be looking for opportunities elsewhere but maybe the manager wants him because of the above and the economics mean he is more valuable as a squad player than the transfer fee income and wages saved. Lots of games to be played this year and it's not like Mainoo can do 90 mins consistently.

He can still be useful and will hopefully. Should start in some home games in Europa so we can rest Bruno for league.

Team lacks creativity so he should be used...Mainoo up to 60-70 mins then Eriksen for 30 mins would be totally fine for a club challenging 4th-6th place.

If you are gonna have him in the squad then use him.

Team lacks creativity so he should be used...Mainoo up to 60-70 mins then Eriksen for 30 mins would be totally fine for a club challenging 4th-6th place.

If you are gonna have him in the squad then use him.
We shouldn't be challenging for 4th-6th. We should be challenging for 3rd-4th. Then next season - the title.

He's ideal for some of the easier Europa league ties and the early stages of the cup competitions.

He's ideal for some of the easier Europa league ties and the early stages of the cup competitions.

Agreed, especially teams on the low block. Needs a runner besides him, and hopefully Ugarte can be exactly that

Man Utd 0:3 Liverpool New
Should be the #10. Freddie Mercury is nowhere near the footballer he is

Nice and tidy in possession today. Kept our team ticking. Needs to be played higher up the pitch though.

Not dead.

Both metaphorically and literally.

Rumors of his death always seem greatly exaggerated. He doesn't run fast and is not physical plus he's been given a bunch of thankless tasks here. A little weird to have him as an utility player but he's showing up.

Pleasantly surprised by that performance. Not that he’s now the go-to-guy or any kind of real solution, but he was very good today.

Good opposition for him really in that i didn't feel he was pressed or in trouble like he was in the game against Palace at the end of last season. Will be useful in certain games.

Brain of the squad. Without him the team looks brainless.

A midfielder like him who can dictate the game should be our priority in next summer.

A midfielder like him who can dictate the game should be our priority in next summer.
I agree, that’s a good description. You always get reminded of what we’re missing when Eriksen makes these cameo appearances, someone who can dictate a game with quality passing in the middle of the park. An absolute priority to sign someone who can replicate that. He’s shown he can still be a useful player if his minutes are managed correctly.

I agree, that’s a good description. You always get reminded of what we’re missing when Eriksen makes these cameo appearances, someone who can dictate a game with quality passing in the middle of the park. An absolute priority to sign someone who can replicate that. He’s shown he can still be a useful player if his minutes are managed correctly.
Which is why Mainoo shouldn't be a regular starter for us yet. At least not in his current role. Hopefully having someone like Ugarte in allows Eriksen to play more without us losing too much defensively.

Which is why Mainoo shouldn't be a regular starter for us yet. At least not in his current role. Hopefully having someone like Ugarte in allows Eriksen to play more without us losing too much defensively.
Exactly. Why waste minutes on a teenager when we could give them to the 32 year old with the heart condition.

Exactly. Why waste minutes on a teenager when we could give them to the 32 year old with the heart condition.
Stop it.

We have full squad and this season it will do wonders if we can utilise it instead of breaking players with 3 games a week. Everyone needs to have a part to play and this is where we build a better culture where we are team and we fight for each other.

Agree completely.