Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
He was very good at the Euros for Denmark from what I saw. Surely there are clubs that would still want Eriksen even if he's 32.
bundle him up and send him to Panathinaikos with Pellistri. :lol:

He cant play in PL. unless he has perhaps a more advanced CAM position that for us is occupied already.
Italy or France perhaps?

Still think there is a role for him, how SAF used Scholes in his last season.

Bring him on for the last 25-30 mins, to control possession if we are ahead, and to play long defense splitting passes if we are behind.

We dont have a player with his profile, so I would be catious to get rid. I can say the same for McT as well(physical tall B2B player), which is why I was open to Rabiot. But you can only have so many players. Also if you already are playing with a destroyer at #6, makes less sense to have a defensive #8, although they can come in handy in scenarios. Hopefully we can develop Collyer into that player.

bundle him up and send him to Panathinaikos with Pellistri. :lol:

He cant play in PL. unless he has perhaps a more advanced CAM position that for us is occupied already.
Italy or France perhaps?
Yeah those leagues should be more likely than PL. Italy is slower league so think it would suit Eriksen better.

Yeah those leagues should be more likely than PL. Italy is slower league so think it would suit Eriksen better.
I don't think Italy is happening. Didn't he had to leave Inter because their rules didn't allow him to play with the defibrillator fitted in him? Did they change the rule?

Bring him on for the last 25-30 mins, to control possession if we are ahead, and to play long defense splitting passes if we are behind.

We dont have a player with his profile, so I would be catious to get rid. I can say the same for McT as well(physical tall B2B player), which is why I was open to Rabiot. But you can only have so many players. Also if you already are playing with a destroyer at #6, makes less sense to have a defensive #8, although they can come in handy in scenarios. Hopefully we can develop Collyer into that player.
We are not retirement home. He should be sold and his place should be passed to a youngster or someone else who can step upo. You dont need a palyer who can run for 10-15 ax. He doesnt have that intensity, also Euros, dont have it either, low quality teams play pragmatic football.

Unfortunately for us he doesn have value anymore and is on high wages..

The problem is him having the time to play those passes, he had time in tournament football, but in the PL he's going to be harassed more quickly on the ball. Given his already shaky legs and inability to last more than 60 minutes in higher energy games he'd only ever be suitable as a sub or starting cup games. He has served a purpose as a free signing, don't get me wrong, but he doesn't seem happy with the role he should most likely fill.

All that said the lack of rumblings around him makes me think he's staying.

No credible sources yet, but there’s been some talk on twitter that Ajax are interested in taking him on loan and that United want to sell him or at least insert an obligation to buy in the deal.

No credible sources yet, but there’s been some talk on twitter that Ajax are interested in taking him on loan and that United want to sell him or at least insert an obligation to buy in the deal.
Saw that myself though I struggle to see how the loan with an obligation can work. He’s in the last year of his contract with no option to extend so a loan would just see him to the end of his deal and a free transfer. Better surely just to try and work out a permanent move for a small fee.

Saw that myself though I struggle to see how the loan with an obligation can work. He’s in the last year of his contract with no option to extend so a loan would just see him to the end of his deal and a free transfer. Better surely just to try and work out a permanent move for a small fee.

True. Ajax need to sell some players first though.

No idea on the quality of the source but a Belgian media outlet are apparently reporting Anderlecht are interested in signing him.

No idea on the quality of the source but a Belgian media outlet are apparently reporting Anderlecht are interested in signing him.

Perfect. I would expect a similar deal to Donny. Minor cash and eat his contract or 5m and we subsidise his wage a bit. But at least it trims the squad and given he's past it at Prem level it makes perfect sense.

Perfect. I would expect a similar deal to Donny. Minor cash and eat his contract or 5m and we subsidise his wage a bit. But at least it trims the squad and given he's past it at Prem level it makes perfect sense.
Agreed, that’s the kind of deal we’d be looking at.

Given his age and how it looks like he's best as a number 10 these days (as for Denmark) and given that we have at least 2 players for that position, think club will accept any potential offer for Eriksen until the end of the summer. It'll probably be the same for McTominay (though they won't sell under some reasonable fee) as it's similar situation position wise.

Old and slow. Past it. Sell him. We have got 3-4 players who should be in front of him at the 10-position. He can´t play in the PL anymore.

This is the recap of a lot of posts in here in the last months.

And some of it is valid. He is not a 6, and he is not a B2B-player. He is also not a ball-winning 8.

He is a 10.

If used as a 10, he is still top notch. The stats from the Euro are clear. Eriksen created 16 chances in the group stage. KdB was second with 13 and only five players created 10 or more. Yes. The PL is faster, but that counts for all other players at the Euro as well. Numbers are numbers. I can see why Bruno should start over him in the current set up. EtHY need his legs. We haven´t got players like Hjulmand and Højbjerg creating the spaces that our 10 needs. Casemiro is too slow, Mount is a good player without a real preferred position in the system and Mainoo is more of a creator than a ball-winner. Mainoo is brilliant, but you can only afford Mainoo AND a 10, if you get a Rodri-Level player in. Even Brunos energy won´t cover it, as we saw last season. A guy like Rabiot could make the midfield better. Kimmich or Hjulmand would be a real push forward. Rodri is the guy we need, but that is unrealistic.

Back to Eriksen. He was by far our best player in the second half. I see him as back up number 1 for Bruno, and we should really get that Rodri-type player in ASAP.

P.S.
I still think he will go, but that would be a mistake.

Still our only DLP, and only midfielder who can control games from deep, and is not afraid of the ball(Mainoo too in this aspect). Will not sell unless we get a suitable replacement, which we wont, because we will barely get 5M from selling him, if that.

Gotta be a difficult and long season mentally for him. Hard to see him getting into the match day squad on most days, particularly when Bruno moves back into his more natural role when our CFs are fit.
I imagine we are trying to sign another midfield player which will make it even more difficult for him, but I think his role is largely going to be 'play keep ball when we're 2 or 3-0 up', replacing Mainoo for the last 15-20 minutes. But that is a position we have very rarely found ourselves in :lol: I can't imagine he wants to do that, as he already said it was a difficult time for him last season when Mainoo took his place.

Edit: Of course he would play some cup games if he stays, but that should go without saying for any squad player.

Ehhh, he would definitely be needed if we sell McT.

DM/Casemiro
Mainoo/Eriksen
Bruno/Mount

The way I see it.

Forget he's still part of the team, what's going on with him is he injured?

Forget he's still part of the team, what's going on with him is he injured?
No, just surplus to requirements. It's obvious he needs to leave as his lack of physicality now is just so obvious in this league that for everything he gives the team on the ball, it's just not worth how much we lose off the ball

If he is to leave this summer then we probably can get some 500k fee like we did for van de Beek. Wouldn't be much but we also got him for free. But no way he's leaving before we get the replacement like Rabiot or someone else.

Last edited:
He really ought to consider a move to the MLS. He still has a lot to give and would look excellent in a less physical league.

If he is to leave this summer then we probably can get some 500k fee like we did for van de Beek. Wouldn't be much but we also got him for free. But no way he's leaving before we get the replacement like Rabiot or someone else.
Think he’s worth more than VDB.
Put him in a Spanish / Italian team with 2 hard working midfielders behind him and he can do well.
Much more effective player than Donny.

Would be pointless giving him out on a free right now, just keep him for the Carabao Cup and Europa League campaigns, unless he wants more game time than this.
The Europe League is a treacherous incredibly long competition.

No way is Dannemann his middle name???

Ehhh, he would definitely be needed if we sell McT.

DM/Casemiro
Mainoo/Eriksen
Bruno/Mount

The way I see
What is needed is to sell both him and McTominay.

DM / Casemiro / (Collyer)
Mainoo / CM / (Collyer)
Fernandes / Mount

Won’t happen though. We’re too focused on swapping right backs and potentially looking for a third striker instead of trying to massively fix the midfield profiles we’ve accumulated.

Mainoo / CM / (Collyer)
Fernandes / Mount

Won’t happen though. We’re too focused on swapping right backs and potentially looking for a third striker instead of trying to massively fix the midfield profiles we’ve accumulated.
I dont disagree. Think we will need two new midfielders next summer, DM and playmaking CM. We kept most of our budget for the defence this summer it seems

Mainoo / CM / (Collyer)
Fernandes / Mount

Two midfielders would be the ideal. Won’t happen, though.

Still correct to flog Wan Bissaka and replace him.

I don’t see much mention of him, but he is still the only player on our books that can control the tempo of the game, which is an indictment of the state of our midfield. Unless we are getting someone else in, wouldn’t make sense to sell him for pittance anyways.

Mainoo has lots to learn and grow in terms of controlling a game for 90 mins.

needs to go to a different league. Just not able to deal with this tempo consistently since the stupid ass carroll injury.

Even if paired with Ugarte, opponents will simply attack down our left. Unless Ugarte can somehow be a 1 man wrecking ball.

Ajax want him, but at this point can't afford him. But I see this happening before the deadline.

Genuinely surprised he stayed. Someone made a good point that he could potentially be useful for the Europa League campaign but I can't see him getting many games otherwise.

With Mount out there is absolutely no reason for him not to get some minutes as sub to Bruno few times a month with two midfielders behind him now when we have Ugarte, he has proved during the EUROs that he is not past it completely, certainly doesn't look much worse than someone like Casemiro or Rashford(in regards to their own positions) who play every game for us.

With Mount out there is absolutely no reason for him not to get some minutes as sub to Bruno few times a month with two midfielders behind him now when we have Ugarte, he has proved during the EUROs that he is not past it completely, certainly doesn't look much worse than someone like Casemiro or Rashford(in regards to their own positions) who play every game for us.
Other than Bruno he is the only real creative passer we have in the squad. Think he should be getting some minutes as a sub but probably won't because ten hag is bad at rotating the squad