g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Christian Eriksen image 14

Christian Eriksen Denmark flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Hendrixity

I'm biased, I'm a big Eriksen fan. However, I thought he looked very good during the latest match, sharp passing, also in tight areas.

While statistics aren't something to go on by themselves imo, they do confirm what I saw during the game, and what I saw was not in line with the many derogatory posts which I noticed in the game thread. Seemed a bit like scape goating imo. He compensates for his lack of physicality with superb technique and a cool head. That's what some can't seem to grasp imo. Having said that, we will not see the best of him when he is not further up the pitch.

Clearly, he has been affected by his injury when that idiot Carroll cut him down, but he may still improve in the coming months, speed-wise - the older you get, the longer it takes to recuperate.

edgecutter

8 completed passes out of 14. Not really the player you want to help protect a lead, though it was 0-0 when he came on.
He was forcing the play at the end which boggled the mind. That said, he was far better than the ghost of Mason Mount.

Ace of Spades

Can we stop playing him in these tight games. Useless in tracking back and tackling, slow and even his passing was off.

Idxomer

He's usually in the right position because he has a great footballing brain but any hint of physicality he had is completely gone.

Tonight, he had an ok 10 minutes before we surrendered possession to Wolves.

Pronewbie

Peep
I'd rather see him start over Mount. We are more assured and controlled with him on the pitch. He's no Busquets/Carrick but it's not his fault ETH didn't sign a player of that profile.

Rockets Redglare

I'd rather see him start over Mount. We are more assured and controlled with him on the pitch. He's no Busquets/Carrick but it's not his fault ETH didn't sign a player of that profile.
I wouldn’t see him over Mount but I’d see him over Bruno. He was appallingly bad.

Lights Out

Infuriating when he sloppily gave the ball away deep into injury time.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's done. Even in a 25 minute cameo he was awful. Really sad, but EtH has to planning without him.

Lyng

He's done. Even in a 25 minute cameo he was awful. Really sad, but EtH has to planning without him.
He is lacking physically but we became much better as a unit when he came on. Notice how much better Bruno got after Eriksen came on.
Christian reads the game better then all our other midfielders and thus Bruno and Case play better with him.
We need to somehow get Christians football intelligence transferred to Mount.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Weird, I thought he was alright when he came on (particular when it was still 0-0) ... Was actually moving for the ball and had composure (apart from right at the end)

ManRed

I think its his last season with us and will feature more in cup games once mainoo is back and we sign Amrabat. He is a good option off the bench to unlock defences especially when we chasing a game.

Lecland07

I didn't see us become better when he came on. They almost scored several times after he came on; we looked no different to beforehand.

I think the goal is skewing people's opinions, but that didn't really have anything to do with him. That was just one good moment in a terrible team performance.

city-puma

He regressed faster athletically than we would like. It’s better to reserve him to play during the winter.

Chief123

The thought of starting casemiro and Eriksen together as our deepest midfielders all of a sudden feels frightening. These two seemed to have aged years within just a few months.

Silverman

The thought of starting casemiro and Eriksen together as our deepest midfielders all of a sudden feels frightening. These two seemed to have aged years within just a few months.
They can't be paired together in a midfield two imo. They can be overrun far too easily.

edgecutter

Makes the signing of Mount even more bizarre. Erikson is far superior and how anyone at the club couldn't see that just shows the utter incompetence at the club.

Guapa

Was great today & still going strong right to the final whistle.MoTM.

Baxquux

Still class when teams are pinned back by our quicker players and allow space for him to dictate tempo and pick passes. He'll get swamped in midfield if we play energetic front-foot sides with decent movement though, particularly with Case also half a yard slower...

podurban2

Makes Mount look like such a weird transfer. Well it was obvious but this settles it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s way more of an actual no.8 than Mount or Fernandes but even he is very far away from the type of midfielder we need. Crazy how we’ve found ourselves with such an awkward mix of midfielders to choose from

Pronewbie

Peep
This is why I don't understand so many of our fans slag him. He's an amazing squad rotation player who can cover the CM and CAM role and we would hardly miss a beat. It's on ETH and the owners for not bringing in high quality CMs.

izec

Makes the signing of Mount even more bizarre. Erikson is far superior and how anyone at the club couldn't see that just shows the utter incompetence at the club.
Starts with the incompetence of the manager. His prime target. And then nobody challenging him. I guess that would be Murtough. But yeah, lets continue to assemble a random squad and piss money away.

Based Adnan

No way near good enough defensively off the ball. If he plays vs Arsenal we're in trouble.

CG1010

Even if that's true, we need more bodies there. It's a long season.

Abraxas

This is why I don't understand so many of our fans slag him. He's an amazing squad rotation player who can cover the CM and CAM role and we would hardly miss a beat. It's on ETH and the owners for not bringing in high quality CMs.
Do we slag him?

I think legitimate concerns and slagging him off are pretty different. Ultimately games such as Notts Forest at home are the ones he should play well in but there would be concerns about mobility and the physical effect a long season has on him based on last season.

Yet somehow we're in a position where we haven't noticeably improved upon him. In fact I'm not even sure if we've supported him with somebody similarly competent in the 8 position.

Pronewbie

Peep
Do we slag him?

I think legitimate concerns and slagging him off are pretty different. Ultimately games such as Notts Forest at home are the ones he should play well in but there would be concerns about mobility and the physical effect a long season has on him based on last season.

Yet somehow we're in a position where we haven't noticeably improved upon him. In fact I'm not even sure if we've supported him with somebody similarly competent in the 8 position.
Yes many do.