Chelsea 2024/25

Has Gallagher been unavailable for sale multiple windows he was supposed to go due to injury?

Also, are the leverage positions even remotely the same? You can’t send this type of message to Gallagher, because he can just run his last year down. I don’t think he will, because he just can’t stand not playing. So sitting down with Gallagher and being straight about his playing time will be enough. They will probably settle a deal with Atleti.

If something happens to Chalobah, then that will be 3 windows of failed deals. And they already aren’t completely thrilled with with the turn them of offers. My guess, from the “must have European football” comments coming out, that Forest isn’t the only move he’s rejected; just the one we’ve found out about.

Keep in mind they were offering him for 25. 25m. I rate him more than that. Do I think he’s better than Desasi? Yes. But it’s Josh I see playing before Desasi long term, and we won’t get anyone to buy Desasi right now… and we can’t afford to have his full payment come due. But the club literally doesn’t rate Chalobah

What I don’t want is for it to drag on.

So basically your stance is that Chalobah should just 'know his place' and accept a move to a Forest or similar, despite genuinely not wanting to move and instead desperately hoping to stay and fight for playing time at Chelsea? Mind you Trev's got a contract till 2028, given to him by Boehly & Eghbali. He has every right to refuse offers if he doesn't consider them tempting enough to change his stance.

I can tell you're American by the way you talk about players like they're not even human beings rather than just pawns to be trafficked at the whim of these scumbag owners and directors. I actually wouldn't be surprised if the owners were genuinely surprised by the fact you can't actually trade players against their wishes in Europe due to the players having some basic human rights unlike over there in the states.

With Reece James suspended, we are a Levi Colwill injury away from Chelsea starting the season with none of their own youth players in their squad.

This is, despite producing…

Hall
Hutchison
Livramento
Maatsen
Olise
Broja
Gilmour
Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Guehi
Lamptey
Rice
Mount
Aina
Christensen
Abraham
Tomori
Loftus-Cheek
Solanke
Chalobah
Ake
Traore

…all within the last decade. Genuine insanity and it’s getting worse.

With Reece James suspended, we are a Levi Colwill injury away from Chelsea starting the season with none of their own youth players in their squad.

Hall
Hutchison
Livramento
Maatsen
Olise
Broja
Gilmour
Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Guehi
Lamptey
Rice
Mount
Aina
Christensen
Abraham
Tomori
Loftus-Cheek
Solanke
Chalobah
Ake
Traore

This is massive for FFP though. Each sale of these players is pure profit and gives them more money in the market.

Enzo and Greenwood have their own threads. Let's not clog this thread up by going on messy and downright daft tangents.

It was a nothing challenge mate, hardly warranted that reaction

It's a friendly mate. Why's he fouling people after the ball was clearly gone?

These kind of deliberate "let the player know I'm there" fouls are shitty in actual proper games but in a pre season friendly they're just unnecessary and reckless.

It's a friendly mate. Why's he fouling people after the ball was clearly gone?

These kind of deliberate "let the player know I'm there" fouls are shitty in actual proper games but in a pre season friendly they're just unnecessary and reckless.
Wasn't even a foul.

The general feeling among those who bothered to stay up for it seems to be;

Lavia looked sharp and brilliant
Guiu looked good.
Colwill looked good.
Nkunku looked good.
Tyrique George had a couple of nice moments.
Gusto is an absolute joy to watch.
Work to do for James, Fofana, Tosin, Madueke etc.

Hall
Hutchison
Livramento
Maatsen
Olise
Broja
Gilmour
Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Guehi
Lamptey
Rice
Mount
Aina
Christensen
Abraham
Tomori
Loftus-Cheek
Solanke
Chalobah
Ake
Traore

That is genuinely ridiculous.

Hall
Hutchison
Livramento
Maatsen
Olise
Broja
Gilmour
Gallagher
Hudson-Odoi
Guehi
Lamptey
Rice
Mount
Aina
Christensen
Abraham
Tomori
Loftus-Cheek
Solanke
Chalobah
Ake
Traore

I think since Abramovich, the intention has always been for Chelsea's academy to basically be a farm to help offset the revenue difference between them with their small stadium and relatively small fanbase and the bigger clubs they're competing with. At least since the Battersea power station thing and various other attempts to move/expand fell through.

This is pretty much it working as intended.

If no clubs are interested and it’s not for PSR reasons, the price is too high. A non starting centre back, who is 25, isn’t worth £25 million.

Dont think the price is high it could be because clubs dont need to buy a RCB at the moment.

What is theoretically their best XI (and most cohesive)?

-----------------------------?
James-------Fofana--Colwill-----Cucurella
--------------Lavia ---------Caceido
Palmer---------------?------------------?
--------------------------?

Gusto is pretty good too, and James is always injured, so maybe I should have put him in there instead. But they lack that creative force and a striker, do they not?

Gusto is pretty good too, and James is always injured, so maybe I should have put him in there instead. But they lack that creative force and a striker, do they not?

Petrovic

Gusto
Colwill
Tosin
Cucurella

Caceido
Gallagher

Palmer
Nkunku
Sterling

Jackson

I'd say, god knows what is going on with Nkunku though so you can switch him for Dewsbury-Hall if being realistic Madueke should probably be ahead of Sterling too but I wouldn't say he is factually a better player right now though.

Second minute of the first pre season friendly and McLean leaves one on him after the ball was gone for no reason whatsoever.

Left one on him?! You sound as soft as him, he just nudged him slightly as he got to the player. It wasn't even a foul, left one on him, have a word with yourself.

I think since Abramovich, the intention has always been for Chelsea's academy to basically be a farm to help offset the revenue difference between them with their small stadium and relatively small fanbase and the bigger clubs they're competing with. At least since the Battersea power station thing and various other attempts to move/expand fell through.

This is pretty much it working as intended.

I don’t think “working as intended” means being so ruthless and callous with players that could have genuinely made them a better team. They need to value their own products more and start to differentiate better between who should be kept and who shouldn’t.

It’s just a waste of so much talent who have a genuine connection to the club. It’s not like the fees they get are as extravagant as what they spend, on sometimes inferior players. It’s just not efficient.

Petrovic

Gusto
Colwill
Tosin
Cucurella

Caceido
Gallagher

Palmer
Nkunku
Sterling

Jackson

I'd say, god knows what is going on with Nkunku though so you can switch him for Dewsbury-Hall if being realistic Madueke should probably be ahead of Sterling too but I wouldn't say he is factually a better player right now though.

It’s been reported consistently over the summer than Maresca favours Sanchez over Petrovic. Though we have been linked with a Danish keeper from Villarreal.

Apart from that;

James Fofana Colwill Cucurella
Lavia Caicedo Enzo
Palmer Nkunku Jackson

Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling, KDH, Tosin, Chilwell, Badiashile, Gusto, Gallagher the de facto rotational players depending on opposition, fitness, form etc.

-------------------Sanchez--------------------

Gusto---fofana----colwil---Cucurella

----Caicedo---Lavia----enzo----

---palmer---jackson---nkunku---

It’s been reported consistently over the summer than Maresca favours Sanchez over Petrovic. Though we have been linked with a Danish keeper from Villarreal.

Apart from that;

James Fofana Colwill Cucurella
Lavia Caicedo Enzo
Palmer Nkunku Jackson

Mudryk, Madueke, Sterling, KDH, Tosin, Chilwell, Badiashile, Gusto, Gallagher the de facto rotational players depending on opposition, fitness, form etc.

I am mostly rating it on who I think is best as it's so hard to judge what a new manager will do. I think Petrovic looked marginally better for me.

Replacing a young full back in Gusto who had a very good first season with an unreliable player feels counter intuitive. Also I think Tosin becomes your main centre back pretty quickly, I really like him and think it's a great signing.

I feel like your best football came with Gallagher and Caicedo. Enzo is a talented player but seems to create more questions than answers in your midfield.

I'm assuming Dewsbury-Hall will start the season in the first 11 as he was signed by his former manager who he did well with despite you being packed in that area. Clearly rates him very highly.

I am mostly rating it on who I think is best as it's so hard to judge what a new manager will do. I think Petrovic looked marginally better for me.

Replacing a young full back in Gusto who had a very good first season with an unreliable player feels counter intuitive. Also I think Tosin becomes your main centre back pretty quickly, I really like him and think it's a great signing.

I feel like your best football came with Gallagher and Caicedo. Enzo is a talented player but seems to create more questions than answers in your midfield.

I'm assuming Dewsbury-Hall will start the season in the first 11 as he was signed by his former manager who he did well with despite you being packed in that area. Clearly rates him very highly.

I personally rate Petrovic higher than Sanchez too, but he’s inferior in the one area that I guess is crucial for Maresca’s system. Sanchez is a much better ball playing keeper, so on that basis I think he’s going to end up first choice.

James is the captain, and in my view, the best player at the club, so Gusto unfortunately has to bide his time. I wouldn’t be opposed to switching him to LB during preseason to see if he can do that. He played there a couple of times last season and he was OK.

You may well be right about Tosin. I don’t know much about him though, I have to admit.

I don’t see a scenario where Enzo and Caicedo aren’t guaranteed starters. So it’s a question of who grabs the last spot in midfield. My feeling is it’ll be Lavia. Could be KDH though. Could be Gallagher too, though I doubt it.

Petrovic

Gusto
Colwill
Tosin
Cucurella

Caceido
Gallagher

Palmer
Nkunku
Sterling

Jackson

Those spots I did not fill seem to me to be the weak points in their starting XI. @Rajiztar @WeePat Do you think Enzo and those two powerhouse midfielders work well as a unit? I would have thought having Lavia and Caceido behind some creative force (a mobile creative force at that, who plays higher up the pitch) would be a better fit, no?

Maybe that racism scandal is an opportunity to rectify that midfield makeup and shift Enzo (what would make it poetic would be if it were a French player coming in).

You are clearly after a good enough striker though, but what about that right wing, is any of Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke the answer?

Out of interest is this because of how much you spent on Enzo or performances?

Both, and his overall talent and ability. None of the KDH, Gallagher etc are even close to good enough to taking his place.

That may have been true in a Pochettino team where off the ball pressing and generally having a good engine for running were just about the most important qualities he'd want in a player. Maresca is looking to play more of a possession-based game so apart from one of them being a racist I don't see any reason why Gallagher would be favored to start over Enzo who's much better on the ball than Gallagher is.

Making Enzo look like a bad player was one of Pochettino's biggest failures last season.

Those spots I did not fill seem to me to be the weak points in their starting XI. @Rajiztar @WeePat Do you think Enzo and those two powerhouse midfielders work well as a unit? I would have thought having Lavia and Caceido behind some creative force (a mobile creative force at that, who plays higher up the pitch) would be a better fit, no?

Maybe that racism scandal is an opportunity to rectify that midfield makeup and shift Enzo (what would make it poetic would be if it were a French player coming in).

You are clearly after a good enough striker though, but what about that right wing, is any of Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke the answer?
In my opinion that's best team possible to start the season. Three man midfield should give us enough thrust in both offense and defense. Three man midfield with that quality should work fine with lavia,caicedo and Enzo all can compliment each others well.

That may have been true in a Pochettino team where off the ball pressing and generally having a good engine for running were just about the most important qualities he'd want in a player. Maresca is looking to play more of a possession-based game so apart from one of them being a racist I don't see any reason why Gallagher would be favored to start over Enzo who's much better on the ball than Gallagher is.

Making Enzo look like a bad player was one of Pochettino's biggest failures last season.
You could make it two of them. Search Conor Gallagher Racist on X, you'll see a few funny videos.