Chelsea 2024/25

There was a tweet earlier today that Enzo has spoken with his teammates about the incident and apologized to them. It didn't say how that happened as he is not with the team currently.

There was a tweet earlier today that Enzo has spoken with his teammates about the incident and apologized to them. It didn't say how that happened as he is not with the team currently.

It was just a text message from Enzo that was shared in the group chat the players are in.

Whatever it takes. It can’t be a: “he’s apologized enough, and he paid the fine, move on”

It needs to be something big, up to and including not letting him even back to training with the team unless the other players agree.

Games missed is a given, but he needs to understand that never returning to the team could be on the table if letting him back causes the other players to feel betrayed or lose faith in what the leaders of the team are doing
I mean it absolutely never will be, he's too big an asset for you guys.
It was just a text message from Enzo that was shared in the group chat the players are in.
Apologising for racism in a group chat, wonderful!! Hope he sent a nice gif.

He is indeed a big asset but it's upto him to do the right thing by apologize publically and accept the punishment whatever club give it to him. He need to own up his wrongdoing and move on.

He is indeed a big asset but it's upto him to do the right thing by apologize publically and accept the punishment whatever club give it to him. He need to own up his wrongdoing and move on.
He posted an apology in Comic Sans MS and got his PA to post in the group WhatsApp, what more do you want?

He posted an apology in Comic Sans MS and got his PA to post in the group WhatsApp, what more do you want?
I want him acting as the personal boot caretaker for all his teammates… before and after they have left the locker room. When they head out for training he can then come in and prepare… and then head out to a far adjacent practice pitch where he can work with some cones with a view of the team in the distance. If Kante decides to retire I would invite him back on staff to run Enzo’s conditioning drills on said isolated pitch … and there would be a lot of puking involved.

This would continue until the other players are satisfied

We have shipped out players of near equal price tag and MUCH higher wages on a series of endless loan fees before.

Enzo was a generally well liked guy with a family that bedded in well with the team before. So my preference would be a LOT of contrition, him being open to education, earning back the trust of his teammates… etc. But that’s up to him.

As I said before, as a start, he should, RIGHT now: Get on press conferences, social media, all of it and tell the Argentinian leaders that are denouncing people for finding fault with him “NO, I am at fault. What I thought was funny, really, really wasn’t. I hurt people that care about me, and people shouldn’t be defending me.”

That would be a start.

Wow really?
I mean, they used to be listed as “Golden Parachute Payments”, but for accounting purposes it could still be laid out as monthly payments until a particular date. I believe there was a point under Romans tenure where we were paying 4 managers at the same time? Considering the length of his contract, This October seems pretty early/reasonable to me.

I mean, they used to be listed as “Golden Parachute Payments”, but for accounting purposes it could still be laid out as monthly payments until a particular date. I believe there was a point under Romans tenure where we were paying 4 managers at the same time? Considering the length of his contract, This October seems pretty early/reasonable to me.

Typically the money train ends when the sacked manager finds a new job. It’s not uncommon at all, and definitely not something that unique to Chelsea. Potter being unemployed more than a year later I guess wasn’t in anyone’s plans. He’s rejected several offers now from good clubs.

Typically the money train ends when the sacked manager finds a new job. It’s not uncommon at all, and definitely not something that unique to Chelsea. Potter being unemployed more than a year later I guess wasn’t in anyone’s plans. He’s rejected several offers now from good clubs.

Good luck to him, I'd do the same!

Good luck to him, I'd do the same!
Especially when he’s on £10.4m per year which is probably 4 to 5 times what he’s ever been paid before of offered subsequently, ludicrous that’s him out of the England reckoning now too!

Especially when he’s on £10.4m per year which is probably 4 to 5 times what he’s ever been paid before of offered subsequently, ludicrous that’s him out of the England reckoning now too!
If he's getting paid this til October, that might be why the FA mentioned they had an interim solution if needed. If he's their priority, let Carsley do it for the first qualifiers, then get Potter in.

Fernandez is surely facing a ban isn't he? Something similar to what Suarez got I imagine.

Fernandez is surely facing a ban isn't he? Something similar to what Suarez got I imagine.
I'd imagine it'll be less than Suarez got but more than Cavani got. We know they view these things on a sliding scale of shittyness.

Suarez racially abused another player during a match. Cavani posted something recently racially insensitive on social media (I'm not passing judgement on Cavani here, just saying what his got banned for).

4 to 6 matches would be my guess for Enzo.

In a time of seriousness, turmoil, and unrest … there is at least the absurdity of Cucurella’s red hair in honor of Spains victory here to save us with a giggle.

It is sad, especially when they have so much guff in the squad and he's been decent for them but poor ownership is to blame. Can't even do what Gallagher has done and held his nerve because they are being active in pushing him out.

On the surface, with the way the squad is right now, throwing all emotions out of the window, sure there are 3 LCB (Fofana, Disasi, Tosin) in the squad, so it would be overkill to take 4 players for the exact same position.

Truly speaking though, it's fecking shit. There was no need to sign Tosin, and there definitely was no need to sign Disasi. Leaving him out of the squad entirely is just treating a local lad horribly for no reason.

It is sad, especially when they have so much guff in the squad and he's been decent for them but poor ownership is to blame. Can't even do what Gallagher has done and held his nerve because they are being active in pushing him out.

Poch completely dropped Disasi in favour of Chalobah when he returned to fitness and I don't think we lost a single game that he started in. Signing Tosin and sacking Poch has eroded some of that leverage he built up, but there's a good chance, if he refuses to leave, that Maresca will realise, just like Poch did, that Chalobah is a very, very good player who can fit into several different systems and roles.

If they're gonna sell him there's no point wasting anyone's time.

He doesn't want to leave though, and I haven't seen a single club linked with him this summer, so there's a chance he's still around when the season starts. Unless they have something lined up secretly and he's agreed to go, this feels like a tactic to force him out of the club.

He doesn't want to leave though, and I haven't seen a single club linked with him this summer, so there's a chance he's still around when the season starts. Unless they have something lined up secretly and he's agreed to go, this feels like a tactic to force him out of the club.

I get that he doesn't want to leave and I don't want him to be sold but if they've made a decision to sell him, then it'll be better for everyone if he starts looking for a new club.

I get that he doesn't want to leave and I don't want him to be sold but if they've made a decision to sell him, then it'll be better for everyone if he starts looking for a new club.

They made a decision to sell him a long time ago. He's been on the market since summer 2023. Leaving him at home only makes sense if they have something lined up and he's agreed to go. It makes no sense to do that to him if he's still chilling at Cobham when squad returns. It feels like a bullying tactic to force him out.

They made a decision to sell him a long time ago. He's been on the market since summer 2023. Leaving him at home only makes sense if they have something lined up and he's agreed to go. It makes no sense to do that to him if he's still chilling at Cobham when squad returns. It feels like a bullying tactic to force him out.

I think "bullying" is a bit of a stretch. He's just not wanted.

On the surface, with the way the squad is right now, throwing all emotions out of the window, sure there are 3 LCB (Fofana, Disasi, Tosin) in the squad, so it would be overkill to take 4 players for the exact same position.

Truly speaking though, it's fecking shit. There was no need to sign Tosin, and there definitely was no need to sign Disasi. Leaving him out of the squad entirely is just treating a local lad horribly for no reason.

Is Tosin even better than Chalobah? Looks like Chelsea management is like FM transfer Muppets.

I think "bullying" is a bit of a stretch. He's just not wanted.

I think it feels that way a little. It feels like he's been singled out, and if they let Gallagher join the squad, who they've also been actively trying to sell, then that would confirm it.

There are other players we know almost for a fact will be loaned out or sold this summer (Angelo, Santos, Broja, Ugochukwu) who have been allowed to travel with the squad.

Is Tosin even better than Chalobah? Looks like Chelsea management is like FM transfer Muppets.

I didn't watch that many Fulham to know exactly how good he is. Statistically Tosin looks better on paper in almost all metrics but on the eye test, I rate Chalobah so highly so

Last season we made a lot of signings, young players too. Of those signings we could argue Nicolas jackson, Cole palmer, Gusto have all been great value for the money.

Moises is going to be a great player for us as he showed in the latter parts of the season. Nkunku is quality and hope he stays fit.

Lavia was great for Southampton before the injury probably the best u21 midfielder in the Premier at the time.

Noni and Mudryk needs coaching and a proper system then will come good. Letting trevoh and Conor leave for greater good for them as well as for chelsea then I am ok with it.