Chelsea 2024/25

Last season we made a lot of signings, young players too. Of those signings we could argue Nicolas jackson, Cole palmer, Gusto have all been great value for the money.

Moises is going to be a great player for us as he showed in the latter parts of the season. Nkunku is quality and hope he stays fit.

Lavia was great for Southampton before the injury probably the best u21 midfielder in the Premier at the time.

Noni and Mudryk needs coaching and a proper system then will come good. Letting trevoh and Conor leave for greater good for them as well as for chelsea then I am ok with it.

I have very very high hopes for Madueke this season. I think it might just be his true breakout season. Not getting Olise could end up being a blessing in disguise.

Last edited:
I have very very high hopes for Madueke this season. I think it might just be his true breakout season. Not getting Olise could end being a blessing in disguise.
Very optimistic about our season especially with fit Reece,nkunku and lavia we will be one hell of a team already.

Since Adam was a boy clubs have reverted to all sorts of tactic’s to get a player to leave. From making them travel with both the first team and the reserves and never getting a game to making players train on their own.If anyone thinks Chelsea are unique in forcing a player out they are naive.
To hear some talk you would think at 25 he has made hundreds of PL appearances he hasn’t he has made just over 50 and yes he had a good end to the season but will he be a starter when Fofana and Colwill are fit ? Will we be playing with 2 central defenders? Either way I just don’t see him being anything more than just a squad player going forward

The owners and sporting directors are putting Maresca in a difficult situation. He is already a manager with a thin personal resume who is succeeding another manager that was sacked despite being popular among the group, handling a squad that is much bigger than any manager wants, and dealing with the fallout from the Enzo thing. Now they are rewarding and punishing players not based on sporting merit - Chalobah is obviously among the best 28 players in that group and might even start a must win match right now for Chelsea - but based on how much the owners paid for them and how much PSR profit they could generate.

Don't think there have been many times I've been as disappointed in the club as I have been since the news about Chalobah broke out. Say what you want about Trev's ability as a player, that's an utterly disgraceful action to take on a club trained lad who's only ever known Chelsea. Scumbag behavior by a bunch of scumbags in the club leadership.

The writing was absolutely on the wall when the club brought in Adarabioyo. On the spread sheet it makes perfect sense to sell Trev for £15-20M and get a replacement of similar quality on a freebie. That's all these players are to these scumbags, a name on a spread sheet rather than a human being who might take offence to being trafficked to another club against his will.

Don't think there have been many times I've been as disappointed in the club as I have been since the news about Chalobah broke out. Say what you want about Trev's ability as a player, that's an utterly disgraceful action to take on a club trained lad who's only ever known Chelsea. Scumbag behavior by a bunch of scumbags in the club leadership.

The writing was absolutely on the wall when the club brought in Adarabioyo. On the spread sheet it makes perfect sense to sell Trev for £15-20M and get a replacement of similar quality on a freebie. That's all these players are to these scumbags, a name on a spread sheet rather than a human being who might take offence to being trafficked to another club against his will.
:o
He's 25 and has seen the Chelsea circus first hand for a few years. The manner is pretty bad but for his own sake and career, he should himself want to move and play every week. Going the other way to Fulham or a Palace/West Ham would be a good idea.

It's a really strange situation when FFP/PSR/whatever it is incentivises clubs to sell their academy graduates. It must be a pretty horrible situation for Chalobah to be in right now. Being forced out of your club to likely fund another summer of reckless spending. It's all a bit messy.

Apart from the bad optics, I'm not sure it's the wisest negotiation strategy from Chelsea either. I get the idea will be to make it clear to the player that he's not wanted, but doesn't that do the same to any potential buyers? Surely that drives the price down.

Chalobah makes one massive mistake every time he plays. He shouldn't be sold for PSR purposes...he should be sold because he's not good enough.

There have been better players who have contributed miles more to the success of the club who have been treated way worse. Poor Trevor though. Poor Trevor.

Look pulling on a Chelsea top probably isn't fun but you can't blame him for it, he's literally employed to do so.
He's going to be putting on thousands of mistakes every time he wears the shirt if he stays.

CFC+M+NK+DF+JSY+SS+STAD+HM.png

Chalobah makes one massive mistake every time he plays. He shouldn't be sold for PSR purposes...he should be sold because he's not good enough.

100% this

There have been better players who have contributed miles more to the success of the club who have been treated way worse. Poor Trevor though. Poor Trevor.
Probably says more about Chelsea football club than this situation. Find him a club that’s going to be suitable for him and sell him at a price that club can afford.

Don’t tell him he can’t come on pre season and even get any training in, then treat him like a piece of meat who needs to be sold at a certain price because the club has gone out and spent a billion on other players.

Probably says more about Chelsea football club than this situation. Find him a club that’s going to be suitable for him and sell him at a price that club can afford.

Don’t tell him he can’t come on pre season and even get any training in, then treat him like a piece of meat who needs to be sold at a certain price because the club has gone out and spent a billion on other players.

£25M seems fair and not many clubs showing interest, i don't think he start as a CB for most teams in the PL. They aren't selling him for PSR reasons they want to sell him because they dont rate him, being pure profit is just a bonus.

£25M seems fair and not many clubs showing interest, i don't think he start as a CB for most teams in the PL. They aren't selling him for PSR reasons they want to sell him because they dont rate him, being pure profit is just a bonus.
If no clubs are interested and it’s not for PSR reasons, the price is too high. A non starting centre back, who is 25, isn’t worth £25 million.

Someone on a chelsea forum put up a comparison chart of him and Disasi and he’s so so limited compared to Disasi, which in itself should say it all. I don’t care what chelsea fans on here say about him, they were waxing lyrical about Mount just last year. I hope we steer clear unless it’s for a very low fee.

Chalobah looks a decent player to me. Great athlete at a good age, not a terrible price if someone takes him for 30 million. Would fit in well at Villa with how they set up their back four I would think.

Looked a significant upgrade on Disasi in comparison, Disasi probably cost more too.

One of those clubs appears to be Villa.

Would make sense to me. Have him and Konsa alternating between RB/CB. Can see Newcastle being interested aswell as they're still weak at CB with their long term injuries.

30M or so isn't that excessive either for someone Tuchel loved and played regularly in a higher performing Chelsea team than this one. He plays 40 games for someone next season and he'll probably get in the England squad.

Big call from Chelsea if Tosin's going to be your one major CB signing. Him, Colwill, Disasi, Badiashile and Fofana if he's still alive feels underwhelming to me and you wouldn't be too worried if you were a CF coming up against that. Lacks leadership for a start.

Couldn’t agree more.

He has played less than 60 times for Chelsea in the PL to read some of the comments you would think he had played over 200 games. He never has been able to tie down a regular place under any manager and only played so many games at the end of season due to injuries indeed had he not been injured for so long in 23/24 he probably would have been sold much earlier

As for all this loyalty tosh there is no such thing in football never has been save a very few exceptions vast numbers of academy players are shown the door and even those that develop to a certain standard are often sold on I can’t be arsed but Utd are probably as ruthless as any other

At 25 he is highly unlikely to improve and the hope is that Fofana will be first choice as will Colwill. There are other options that come int play with Tosin, Badiashile and Disasi but again hopefully with James and Gusto fit then he like Disasi will almost certainly not be called upon to pay in the RB berth.

Hopefully we won't cry over any kids jump the ship when they get their first opportunity. If club can treat academy players like that then they can treat the club like the way they want. You can't have advantage both ways.

Someone on a chelsea forum put up a comparison chart of him and Disasi and he’s so so limited compared to Disasi, which in itself should say it all. I don’t care what chelsea fans on here say about him, they were waxing lyrical about Mount just last year. I hope we steer clear unless it’s for a very low fee.

He took Disasi’s place at the end of the year and Chelsea improved a lot. That seems like a relevant comparison.

I don’t think Chalobah is a world beater by any means but I don’t see much argument for Disasi or Tosin being clearly better as CBs. Chalobah also offers more positional versatility.

He has a lot of control now.
Just pick one team he will join, have them submit a low fee and negotiate a large signing on fee and minimum release clause.

Excited for the first pre-season game tonight. A bit annoyed it's in the middle of the night but that's pre-season tours for you. Against lower league opposition in Wrexham so you can't really draw any conclusions regardless of result, but it'll be interesting to see if they've managed to cement any patterns or if they're still far off.

Hoping to see Fofana and Lavia play as it's been far too long since we saw them play a game (the odd half hour last season doesn't count).

Shhhhhh, we don’t admit stuff like this until AFTER hes sold.

Right now we are meanies who are completely undervaluing a sure fire elite team starter.

Its amazing that you dismiss it as just a stupid song. Did you hear the lyrics to it? Stop diminishing the severity of it. If a united player was caught singing that and we had a poll on whether he should be sold, I'm pretty sure the answer would be overwhelmingly yes but given Chelsea's history I guess that would be too much to ask of the club.

The fact that you said "that song that Enzo sang was brilliant and I sing if all the time, he's now my favourite player" is amazing. Stop diminishing the severity of it. Jeez

Shhhhhh, we don’t admit stuff like this until AFTER hes sold.

Right now we are meanies who are completely undervaluing a sure fire elite team starter.

It's not even remotely true though. He was a bit mistake prone 2-3 years ago when Tuchel was around but 'one mistake every game' wasn't even true back then, and definitely isn't accurate now.

Also nobody says he's an elite player, nor a sure fire starter. But he is an academy player that I value a lot, that I rate quite a lot and I don't think the signings of Tosin and Disasi were neccesary because we had Chalobah. Even if you think both are better (I'll wait and see on Tosin) its no more than marginal, and therefore you might as well keep the academy player that loves the club instead of signing replacement that barely improve the team.

Excluding him from the tour is poor treatment in my eyes.

They made a decision to sell him a long time ago. He's been on the market since summer 2023. Leaving him at home only makes sense if they have something lined up and he's agreed to go. It makes no sense to do that to him if he's still chilling at Cobham when squad returns. It feels like a bullying tactic to force him out.
But remember, didn’t he get injured when they went to sell him in January? It isn’t like people haven’t seen him play. What is the purpose of playing in friendlies when he’s not in your plans? The best thing thing that could happen is he takes minutes from people that will actually be with the team. The worst case scenario is he sits out another window injured again.

Having him fit and available to talk to teams seems like a better course to me.

But remember, didn’t he get injured when they went to sell him in January? It isn’t like people haven’t seen him play. What is the purpose of playing in friendlies when he’s not in your plans? The best thing thing that could happen is he takes minutes from people that will actually be with the team. The worst case scenario is he sits out another window injured again.

Having him fit and available to talk to teams seems like a better course to me.

We'll see what they do with Gallagher then, because they've been actively trying to sell him too. There are quite a few players on that tour that we know aren't going to be part of the team next season, so your reasons for excluding him aren't really good enough for me.

Excited for the first pre-season game tonight. A bit annoyed it's in the middle of the night but that's pre-season tours for you. Against lower league opposition in Wrexham so you can't really draw any conclusions regardless of result, but it'll be interesting to see if they've managed to cement any patterns or if they're still far off.

Hoping to see Fofana and Lavia play as it's been far too long since we saw them play a game (the odd half hour last season doesn't count).

I'm actually really looking forward to watching it back tomorrow. Not that I'm dying to watch preseason football, but when you haven't had a Chelsea game for like 2 months, we're starving here.

I know it's cliche but Lavia and Fofana are basically new signings. First looks at Tosin and KDH.

Fingers crossed nobody gets any serious injuries. Last year's preseason was going swimmingly well until Nkunku picked an innocuous injury that side-lined him for 5 months.

It's not even remotely true though. He was a bit mistake prone 2-3 years ago when Tuchel was around but 'one mistake every game' wasn't even true back then, and definitely isn't accurate now.

Also nobody says he's an elite player, nor a sure fire starter. But he is an academy player that I value a lot, that I rate quite a lot and I don't think the signings of Tosin and Disasi were neccesary because we had Chalobah. Even if you think both are better (I'll wait and see on Tosin) its no more than marginal, and therefore you might as well keep the academy player that loves the club instead of signing replacement that barely improve the team.

Excluding him from the tour is poor treatment in my eyes.

Couldn't agree more.

So far I don't think I've seen anyone claim that Chalobah as a player is irreplaceable or even that he's better than some of the others we also have, just that it sucks to see a true Chelsea lad being flogged off just to cover for the board's previous mistakes.

They brought in Disasi who turned out to be an utterly terrible signing who can't now be sold without making a massive deficit which the club simply cannot afford to make, and now they've brought in Adarabioyo who on paper is not necesssarily even a bad signing but was just thoroughly unnecessary when we already had Chalobah who's of similar level. Instead of signing Tosin I feel we should have gone for either a much, much bigger upgrade or just sat the feck down and continued with what we already had.

I could even have been on board a change if it was Chalobah himself who wanted to go to a club where he's a guaranteed starter and a player like Tosin then came in to take the squad role from him but to actually force him out against his will like that is just vile and doesn't sit well with me. He'd very clearly be happy to stay at the club, just take whatever role offered to him and never make a fuss over playing time, all of which are exactly the kind of qualities you'd want from a squad player. If you get those kind of characteristics from a player who's also really passionate about the club, it's an absolute no-brainer to keep him.

It kind of looks like the circus will continue though. Petrovic has been put on the chopping block to seemingly make room for the arrival of Filip Jörgensen. I'll admit I've not seen much from the proposed newcomer Jörgensen but by all accounts he's about as average as they come. Should the move go though for the rumored £21M price tag, we'll have spent something silly like £60M on goalkeepers within the last year and somehow still ended up with multiple second choice quality keepers but not a single goalie of the quality required to be a starter for a top team.

Chalobah stuff is awful and really poor from the club. I still have the gif of his first goal for the club and his reaction about his mom. It was a lovely moment. He deserves better.

Couldn't agree more.

So far I don't think I've seen anyone claim that Chalobah as a player is irreplaceable or even that he's better than some of the others we also have, just that it sucks to see a true Chelsea lad being flogged off just to cover for the board's previous mistakes.

They brought in Disasi who turned out to be an utterly terrible signing who can't now be sold without making a massive deficit which the club simply cannot afford to make, and now they've brought in Adarabioyo who on paper is not necesssarily even a bad signing but was just thoroughly unnecessary when we already had Chalobah who's of similar level. Instead of signing Tosin I feel we should have gone for either a much, much bigger upgrade or just sat the feck down and continued with what we already had.

I could even have been on board a change if it was Chalobah himself who wanted to go to a club where he's a guaranteed starter and a player like Tosin then came in to take the squad role from him but to actually force him out against his will like that is just vile and doesn't sit well with me. He'd very clearly be happy to stay at the club, just take whatever role offered to him and never make a fuss over playing time, all of which are exactly the kind of qualities you'd want from a squad player. If you get those kind of characteristics from a player who's also really passionate about the club, it's an absolute no-brainer to keep him.

It kind of looks like the circus will continue though. Petrovic has been put on the chopping block to seemingly make room for the arrival of Filip Jörgensen. I'll admit I've not seen much from the proposed newcomer Jörgensen but by all accounts he's about as average as they come. Should the move go though for the rumored £21M price tag, we'll have spent something silly like £60M on goalkeepers within the last year and somehow still ended up with multiple second choice quality keepers but not a single goalie of the quality required to be a starter for a top team.

Yeah it would be much more understandable if they had signed Saliba, for example, or Marquinhos, as the clear bonafide star CB, which pushes Fofana to the bench, and then okay, Chalobah would be 3rd or 4th choice, but what they've done is sign, best case scenario, marginally, slightly better players for no reason other than because they're addicted to signing players and Chalobah is the casualty.

They've done in this multiple positions too. Hall/Maatsen vs Cucurella. Even Mudryk/Sterling vs Hudson-Odoi to an extent.

We'll see what they do with Gallagher then, because they've been actively trying to sell him too. There are quite a few players on that tour that we know aren't going to be part of the team next season, so your reasons for excluding him aren't really good enough for me.
Has Gallagher been unavailable for sale multiple windows he was supposed to go due to injury?

Also, are the leverage positions even remotely the same? You can’t send this type of message to Gallagher, because he can just run his last year down. I don’t think he will, because he just can’t stand not playing. So sitting down with Gallagher and being straight about his playing time will be enough. They will probably settle a deal with Atleti.

If something happens to Chalobah, then that will be 3 windows of failed deals. And they already aren’t completely thrilled with with the turn them of offers. My guess, from the “must have European football” comments coming out, that Forest isn’t the only move he’s rejected; just the one we’ve found out about.

Keep in mind they were offering him for 25. 25m. I rate him more than that. Do I think he’s better than Desasi? Yes. But it’s Josh I see playing before Desasi long term, and we won’t get anyone to buy Desasi right now… and we can’t afford to have his full payment come due. But the club literally doesn’t rate Chalobah

What I don’t want is for it to drag on.