Chelsea 2024/25

He’s obsessed with transfers to an unhealthy degree, he is always retweeting his own stuff, he constantly updates the same information on transfers about 15 times a day with zero new information, he photoshops 16 year olds into kits, he is always there one minute after Ornstein because he cannot bear to be seen to not know something. He’s a weirdo.

I second this, a grifter who has faked it until he has become a name in the sport. Just constant spam all day, every day. He is now on YouTube too, posting updates where he waffles for 7-8 minutes with no updates.

I don't like it. Hopefully it looks better in real life.

Nobody likes it. Everyone has their own Theories, mine is that Nike has a division of gender studies majors that can’t get jobs so they hire them as designers. And if a team screw up so much it ruins, say, a planned Jordan deal they may have invested time in…. Nike sicks “the designers” on you.

Health is obviously going to be the thing. But I think they are resting a really nice adaptive balance.

One thing I predict: with wanting to create width … of Reece is healthy and can slot in the RB position that inverts to a third CB… I could see Gusto challenging for minutes to create width at RW.

If the season goes well it will come down to the new medical team. We even fire the masseurs after tracking data and the performance/injury ratio of people they worked on. We brought in a fantastic staff, and didn’t go cheap.

Great appreciation for Bath and the others who led our academy to many great heights, but their ficus was always on going their own thing and winning trophies. Nothing wron g with winning, but the primary focus should be developing players that can step in to the style and play of the first team. The people we hired from City’s elite development squad specialize in that. I am thrilled that they, and Maresca will have a chance to mold the Tyrique George’s in our team.

As far as “learning a new system” again….

We have essentially been implementing portions Marescas system since January, so the play has been smooth (as reflected by the closed door friendly performance). Many of the players have played for him, come out if the City system, or come out of La Masia where they teach similar concepts.

For many players, adapting to the nuances of how we want to play won’t be as difficult as adapting to Marescas “standards”. KDH talked about that when he was at Leicester last year in an interview. Passes to the wrong foot? Unacceptable. Decision making, tempo, interplay .. it all has to be at a certain standard. “Close” or “a little off” doesn’t work.

I am very curious to see how players like Mudryk and Madueke will respond. I think Madueke in particular could make huge leaps.

I would not spend money on a striker unless it’s an obvious upgrade like Alvarez.

Same with right footed left winger. An obvious ten we’ve been tracking for awhile like Desire? Yes, but otherwise leave it alone.

If you're going to design the kit around a blue flame, at least make it look flamey. This took me 2 minutes and is a far superior design.

Screenshot-20240715-190238.png

Surely the design means you're getting British Gas as sponsor.

Enzo Fernandez not the brightest bulb is he? Posts a video of him and some Argentina players singing a racist song about French players.

Enzo Fernandez not the brightest bulb is he? Posts a video of him and some Argentina players singing a racist song about French players.

You can just tell he’s a moron.

Not like half Chelsea’s squad are black French players either…. He needs banned for that.

Wait a minute, Chelsea still do not have a potent striker?

You can just tell he’s a moron.

Not like half Chelsea’s squad are black French players either…. He needs banned for that.
Don't think the PL can technically do anything since it was during an international tournament ?

Wait a minute, Chelsea still do not have a potent striker?
Club is really backing Nico Jackson to take a leap. He was very good last season in his first year in the PL. Club is hoping he can become that 20 goal per season striker I guess.

As for this new kit, feck me. By far the worst I’ve ever seen. Absolutely disgusting.

If you're going to design the kit around a blue flame, at least make it look flamey. This took me 2 minutes and is a far superior design.

Man… that actually IS better. The weird commercials and print ads they are putting out are only making things worse.

It is shameful. Lisandro was signing it too along with the rest. For those not familiar with the chant that all these players have been signing since they were children.

they play for france
but are from angola
how nice they are going to run
they are cometravas (like to feck transgender)
their mom is nigerian
their father cambodian
but on the passport:french

It is shameful. Lisandro was signing it too along with the rest. For those not familiar with the chant that all these players have been signing since they were children.

they play for france
but are from angola
their mom is nigerian
their father cambodian

Bunch of idiots.

they play for france
but are from angola
their mom is nigerian
their father cambodian

Wow, your Copa America and World Champions ladies and gents, bet Fifa will be delighted.

Going back into any dressing room with any French players is going to be awkward!

Club is really backing Nico Jackson to take a leap. He was very good last season in his first year in the PL. Club is hoping he can become that 20 goal per season striker I guess.

As for this new kit, feck me. By far the worst I’ve ever seen. Absolutely disgusting.

Rightfully so, in my opinion. Jackson has shown a lot of positives ever since pre-season last year. The only thing missing was actually finishing the chances his good movement often got himself into, and in the second half of the season he already started looking a little bit better in that regard. He also doesn't look like a player who's finished developing and I would think there's a decent chance he might yet grow into a top class player. There's of course every chance he doesn't but from what we've seen so far he definitely deserves the chance to try.

Despite that, I'm a bit on the fence about whether a new striker is still needed or not. Not to displace Jackson but to provide cover and compete with him. I guess any new signing would depend on whether Nkunku is seen as a striker or something else, and also if the latest in a long line of teenage signings Marc Guiu is deemed ready for a squad role.

Wow, your Copa America and World Champions ladies and gents, bet Fifa will be delighted.

Going back into any dressing room with any French players is going to be awkward!
If seems there will be several Argentina players suspended to start the season.

If seems there will be several Argentina players suspended to start the season.

These guys are such fecking idiots. I would absolutely love it if Chelsea self-policed their player and gave Enzo a fine and a suspension.

Rightfully so, in my opinion. Jackson has shown a lot of positives ever since pre-season last year. The only thing missing was actually finishing the chances his good movement often got himself into, and in the second half of the season he already started looking a little bit better in that regard. He also doesn't look like a player who's finished developing and I would think there's a decent chance he might yet grow into a top class player. There's of course every chance he doesn't but from what we've seen so far he definitely deserves the chance to try.

Despite that, I'm a bit on the fence about whether a new striker is still needed or not. Not to displace Jackson but to provide cover and compete with him. I guess any new signing would depend on whether Nkunku is seen as a striker or something else, and also if the latest in a long line of teenage signings Marc Guiu is deemed ready for a squad role.

Totally agree. I'm perfectly fine with Jackson keeping his starting role.

I can see you playing Jackson from the left and Nkunku upfront this year or at least start the season so think that dynamic could be decent for Jackson at least.

:lol:

Looks like an ambitious night out for bowling

On one hand he is Argentinian but on the other he is racist against other foreigners. Quite the dilemma the fans have on their hands here.

On one hand he is Argentinian but on the other he is racist against other foreigners. Quite the dilemma the fans have on their hands here.
What's the difference?

Why would Chelsea care about the FFF?

The can pursue FIFA or the Argentinian FA for whatever they want to happen. That shouldn't impact what Chelsea and the clubs of all the other players do.
No idea.

Thought post (I replied to) was saying certain actions would change FFF views. Maybe it’s the way it’s worded and it meant the players not the FFF?

Totally agree. I'm perfectly fine with Jackson keeping his starting role.
Jackson’s improvement of performance against xG in the second half of the season was remarkable. He still ended with a horrendous -4 to his xG. But he also worked hard was smart in his runs so that his xG was very high. He missed a lot of golden chances 1st half of the year, but his improvement and his overall game has warranted more opportunities.

Why would Chelsea care about the FFF?

The can pursue FIFA or the Argentinian FA for whatever they want to happen. That shouldn't impact what Chelsea and the clubs of all the other players do.
I agree.

I don’t think Chelsea's primary concern will be any of the governing bodies. At least as long as I’ve been a fan, the team has had a large African fanbase. We are the team of Drogba, Obi Mikel, Essien.

I mean, N’golo Kante is one of our heroes. And his parents immigrated from Mali(?) I think. Does that make him less French?

Immediately Enzo’s own teammate called this out.

So Chelsea should be more worried about the reprocussions of allowing Enzo back into the team than whether he is fined or suspended.

Whatever it takes. It can’t be a: “he’s apologized enough, and he paid the fine, move on”

It needs to be something big, up to and including not letting him even back to training with the team unless the other players agree.

Games missed is a given, but he needs to understand that never returning to the team could be on the table if letting him back causes the other players to feel betrayed or lose faith in what the leaders of the team are doing.

Agreed with that. Running a squad is like running a pack of wolfs. The pack has to allow him back in. He cant just waltz into the training ground like nothing happened.