Chelsea 2024/25

That 36 is including some players who are already out on loan and also some kids who will play in the younger age groups.
I'm guessing Anjorin is still on this "list" given sky named him twice while he was still here.

Looking at transfermarkt and it shows Chelsea still have 36 players in their squad. Sancho and Osimhen could join today as well. How many players could leave today? Petrović, Sterling, Washington, who else?

Ornstein reported talks for Broja's move to Ipswich have been revived so that's one possibility. Leicester seemingly also interested in him.

Aside from the ones you mentioned Chalobah, Chilwell, Chukwuemeka, Casadei, Angelo and Datro Fofana are all on the chopping block if some late offers were to come in so it's a buyer's market for these guys. For some of them there have been some rumors but nothing concrete as of now. Bergström and Kellyman are fine to stay with the U21s if needed.

There will almost certainly be at least 4-5 players who can't be moved and who won't be a part of the first team squad either.

Why does Chelsea want Sancho? They just banished Sterling saying no minutes available and they want another attacker also on high wages who has completely flopped in the PL? I’d be ecstatic as a United fan but from the Chelsea side it’s hard to see the logic.

Why does Chelsea want Sancho? They just banished Sterling saying no minutes available and they want another attacker also on high wages who has completely flopped in the PL? I’d be ecstatic as a United fan but from the Chelsea side it’s hard to see the logic.
They’ve got Neto who’s injury prone and Mudryk who’s a part time pub footballer and full time sprinter as their options on the left. So they really do need someone there tbf.

Back when the talk was a potential swap with Sterling, I could kind of rationalise it with ‘OK they’ll get him in, loan him to Palace or something, then flip him for £30-40m hopefully next summer’.

Outright paying money for him makes no sense, especially if there’s no guarantee Sterling goes anywhere either.

Shiny new things ? Maybe doing Utd a favour for one in return, or for one that was done already? Or will be in future?

Similar to our dealing with Atletico.

Shiny new things ? Maybe doing Utd a favour for one in return, or for one that was done already? Or will be in future?

Similar to our dealing with Atletico.

I could understand you doing the deal when it was mentioned that Sterling was going the other way.

In essence it felt like neither of us really got anything we wanted but due to Sterling doing what he did before the city match it felt more pressing for you to get rid.

Now it just seems totally senseless. Maybe we have agreed to let you keep Palmer for an extra season before getting in his ear.

I could understand you doing the deal when it was mentioned that Sterling was going the other way.

In essence it felt like neither of us really got anything we wanted but due to Sterling doing what he did before the city match it felt more pressing for you to get rid.

Now it just seems totally senseless. Maybe we have agreed to let you keep Palmer for an extra season before getting in his ear.
Keep him for an extra year, he'll be 50 by then

Yep Petrovic is there. Agree as well that Rosenior is definitely one to watch - I won't pretend to be an expert on his Hull sides but if Chelsea are sharing tactics, methodology, data, etc it's a good opportunity for a young manager to get up to speed quickly you'd think.

It was a really curious hire as he did pretty well at Hull and was generally regarded as the brains behind Rooney at Derby. Was expecting Rosenior to end up at Burnley or Sunderland so Strasbourg is interesting with them basically becoming the new Vitesse Arnhem for you in terms of giving them squad players/youths.

In this window, for the first time ever I've been genuinely angry at a Chelsea signing when we got Felix. And now signing this piece of shit is yet another one I'm pissed off with. What the feck?

In this window, for the first time ever I've been genuinely angry at a Chelsea signing when we got Felix. And now signing this piece of shit is yet another one I'm pissed off with. What the feck?

Footballs weird. Maybe Sancho will get 20 assists and Felix will get 20 goals.

(Just don't want to take too much glee after knowing what it's like to be lumbered with him)

I don't understand Chelsea at all. Great for us that they've agreed to take Sancho (I think?) but how does it help them to sign a player in a position they were so stacked in already that they literally have banished a very high-profile senior player from the first team who plays the same positions? Mayyyybe they get Sancho back to decent form and make a profit on him in a few years, but he has to play a lot of football to do that, which means if they do, one of the other high-profile wingers they've bought to develop and make a profit on will suffer.

Chelsea's current wingers:
- Pedro Neto
- Mykhialo Mudryk
- Cole Palmer
- Noni Madueke
- Christopher Nkunku
- Jadon Sancho
- Joao Felix

Now you could maybe argue that a few of those can play as a #10, but from what I can tell Maresca wants to play a classic 4-3-3, which means you have 7 players for two positions, with a couple of them maybe able to deputise as a false #9. There's also no clear hierarchy aside from Palmer. None of those players seem to me that they would accept being squad players.

Make it make sense.

I don't understand Chelsea at all. Great for us that they've agreed to take Sancho (I think?) but how does it help them to sign a player in a position they were so stacked in already that they literally have banished a very high-profile senior player from the first team who plays the same positions? Mayyyybe they get Sancho back to decent form and make a profit on him in a few years, but he has to play a lot of football to do that, which means if they do, one of the other high-profile wingers they've bought to develop and make a profit on will suffer.

- Pedro Neto
- Mykhialo Mudryk
- Cole Palmer
- Noni Madueke
- Christopher Nkunku
- Jadon Sancho
- Joao Felix

Now you could maybe argue that a few of those can play as a #10, but from what I can tell Maresca wants to play a classic 4-3-3, which means you have 7 players for two positions, with a couple of them maybe able to deputise as a false #9. There's also no clear hierarchy aside from Palmer. None of those players seem to me that they would accept being squad players.

Make it make sense.

I think it’s truly over for Mudryk at Chelsea. You don’t sign two players for LW (3 if you include Felix) if they had any belief in him at all. My guess he’ll hang around the squad until January and then they’ll work on finding him a new club.

I don’t think there’s any point listing RW and 10s. Madueke and Palmert have nothing to do with Mudryk and Sancho. We currently have Mudryk, Neto and Sancho for the LW position. One of them is not gonna see many minutes.

Why would none of them accept being squad players? I get Sterling not accepting it as he was a genuine starter as he has pedigree for being a consistent starter at a high level for years... none of that lot has/had before they joined Chelsea.

Sure you could claim Nkunku or Neto - but injured prone and still Chelsea is a massive step from Wolves and Leipzig.

What are you guys doing? Seriously? His knee is fecked enough for Ipswich to pull out and yet you guys are offering £30m for him? Who's your DoF?
I think it's more the fact that we are probably still at risk of DCL leaving with the Saudi and other windows still open/January a possibility for him to go. Thelwell is a long term admirer of Broja. We also have feck all money.

What are you guys doing? Seriously? His knee is fecked enough for Ipswich to pull out and yet you guys are offering £30m for him? Who's your DoF?

Ipswich didn't pull out of the Broja deal because of any knee issues. It's true his knee is somewhat dodgy after the ACL injury two years ago, but that wasn't the reason this time.

He picked up a minor ankle injury in training the other day and will be out for some weeks because of that. Ipswich then tried to use that to renegotiate the financial terms and Chelsea said feck no.

Also, the Everton loan is not with an obligation but with an option. If he's shit they'll just send him back.

Ipswich didn't pull out of the Broja deal because of any knee issues. It's true his knee is somewhat dodgy after the ACL injury two years ago, but that wasn't the reason this time.

He picked up a minor ankle injury in training the other day and will be out for some weeks because of that. Ipswich then tried to use that to renegotiate the financial terms and Chelsea said feck no.

Also, the Everton loan is not with an obligation but with an option. If he's shit they'll just send him back.

Yeah the optional purchase thing is good. I was worried we would get involved in obligations.

I think we are pre-empting DCL leaving still to Saudi perhaps or at the very least in January so are getting ahead by getting a striker in now who can be around the club and training so there is no settling in period.

I would have taken Broja a couple of seasons ago but his stock has really fallen. I hope for his and our sake he can turn it around.

I would have taken Broja a couple of seasons ago but his stock has really fallen. I hope for his and our sake he can turn it around.

He's been terribly unlucky in the last couple of years. Did his ACL just when he was about to start being a regular at Chelsea and when he went on loan to Fulham for regular minutes there was just no way to know Rodrigo Muniz (zero G/A in the first half of last season) would all of a sudden turn into a monster performer who would keep him on the bench every game.

I still think there is a player in there, but he just needs the platform and consistent minutes to get back to his best. And he needs to steer clear of injuries.

He's been terribly unlucky in the last couple of years. Did his ACL just when he was about to start being a regular at Chelsea and when he went on loan to Fulham for regular minutes there was just no way to know Rodrigo Muniz (zero G/A in the first half of last season) would all of a sudden turn into a monster performer who would keep him on the bench every game.

I still think there is a player in there, but he just needs the platform and consistent minutes to get back to his best. And he needs to steer clear of injuries.
I'm interested to see what happens. Chermiti looked great in preseason before his injury and I imagine Beto will be given more chances over the next few months so I'd be surprised if he was 2nd choice backup. Can easily be the type of loan where he gets barely any game time as much as one where he gets a lot.

- Pedro Neto
- Mykhialo Mudryk
- Cole Palmer
- Noni Madueke
- Christopher Nkunku
- Jadon Sancho
- Joao Felix

Make it make sense.
Nkunku and Felix are 10s and not wingers. The 433 is just the fixed positions on paper, in possession it's a 3-2-4-1. As is the current fad of pushing a fullback higher up into midfield to create an overload against the opposition.

Can someone educate me about Chelsea's net expenditure this transfer window? It seems that they have had at least one dozen players moving in one direction to another? What is their net expenditure?
And if the weekly wages have increased?

Total mess, that club

And it is nice to a see a big club run so much worse than ours - schadenfreude is the right word, I think.

Sancho will likely be first choice on the LW for Chelsea won't he? A position where he was 3rd choice here.

Jackson, Sancho, Palmer, Neto is a dangerous front 4. With Nkunku, Mudryk, Felix, Madueke as back up options.