Chelsea 2024/25

Will be a busy day for the club I imagine.

Where will Sterling, Chilwell and Chalobah end up? Broja deal collapsed. Will he move?

Missed out on Osimhen. Will it be Ivan Toney at the death or no one?

Any drama or surprises?

David Fofana did alright at Burnley so surprised other lower end prem clubs haven't looked at him. He'd be a good signing for Leicester so perhaps a last minute move tomorrow.
Yes. I think he would be a good loan for a mid table team.
Agreed; he had his moments at Burnley. Still very raw but there's potential there.

This 'partner club' stuff is particularly embarrassing. Don't look forward to it at United if it starts with Nice and co.

Must have been a tough negotiation

Petrovic gone on loan to Strasbourg hasn't he? Wonder what the odds are on Liam Rosenior managing Chelsea in next five years as was interesting Strasbourg went for him after leaving Hull so he must be scoring highly in some of the metrics Clearlake use to appoint managers.

Petrovic gone on loan to Strasbourg hasn't he? Wonder what the odds are on Liam Rosenior managing Chelsea in next five years as was interesting Strasbourg went for him after leaving Hull so he must be scoring highly in some of the metrics Clearlake use to appoint managers.
Probably pretty high. Apparently they're wanting all their teams to play a somewhat similar style and formation.

Yep Petrovic is there. Agree as well that Rosenior is definitely one to watch - I won't pretend to be an expert on his Hull sides but if Chelsea are sharing tactics, methodology, data, etc it's a good opportunity for a young manager to get up to speed quickly you'd think.

Can they offer us Chukwuemeka as a makeweight in the Sancho deal, to get it over and done with please. Think he’s the only one on the want out list I’d be happy for United to sign.

For all their attackers, it has to be said Sancho actually wouldn't be competing with a certified starter at LW.
  • Neto - would likely favour playing on the right
  • Mudyk - say no more
  • Felix - would likely favour playing centrally
  • Nkunku - would likely favour playing centrally
  • Madueke - would likely favour playing on the right
  • Jackson - striker
  • Palmer - would likely favour playing on the right or centrally
Come to think of it, if they don't sign Sancho the LW spot is potentially lacking as Mudryk is their only natural left winger left, since they have cast out Sterling. They have options and plenty of players who can cover that position but less of a natural fit. It's not a big issue for them but I do see some logic from Chelsea.

For all their attackers, it has to be said Sancho actually wouldn't be competing with a certified starter at LW.
  • Mudyk - say no more
  • Jackson - striker
Come to think of it, if they don't sign Sancho the LW spot is potentially lacking as Mudryk is their only natural left winger left, since they have cast out Sterling. They have options and plenty of players who can cover that position but less of a natural fit. It's not a big issue for them but I do see some logic from Chelsea.
Even if it isn't their preferred position, I would still probably pick most of the above ahead of Sancho from what he has shown.

Fecking stupid club. Wonder what completely pointless and daft transfers they’ll end up doing by 11pm tonight.

• Mudyk - say no more
  • Jackson - striker
Neto is very obviously the first choice LW. I'd also rather play anyone who can run in behind with pace at LW ahead of Sancho - so that would include Neto, Jackson, Mudryk, and Nkunku

Neto is very obviously the first choice LW. I'd also rather play anyone who can run in behind with pace at LW ahead of Sancho - so that would include Neto, Jackson, Mudryk, and Nkunku
Exactly. When you have Palmer in the team on one side, or in the hole, then you need pace in behind to give him the space to play and make things happen.

Even if it isn't their preferred position, I would still probably pick most of the above ahead of Sancho from what he has shown.

I think it generally just puts into question Chelsea's other transfer business and squad planning. I know Neto is capable of playing on the left, but I think he'll probably end up back on the right side. Madueke played well against Wolves but I won't be surprised to see him out of the side, Neto on the right and Palmer central for a lot of the season.

Perhaps Maresca won't care but having Neto on the left means there's a good chance that would mean all three players behind Jackson would be left footed. Even just from a balance perspective, some managers could have an issue with that.

Isn't this just a way to move money from one club to another to increase one club's profit? Clearly the player isn't worth more than they bought him for.

Sucks for Strasbourg, basically having money sucked from them to give to another club.

Last edited:
I think it generally just puts into question Chelsea's other transfer business and squad planning. I know Neto is capable of playing on the left, but I think he'll probably end up back on the right side. Madueke played well against Wolves but I won't be surprised to see him out of the side, Neto on the right and Palmer central for a lot of the season.

Perhaps Maresca won't care but having Neto on the left means there's a good chance that would mean all three players behind Jackson would be left footed. Even just from a balance perspective, some managers could have an issue with that.
Neto isn't as much of a goalscorer; he's a very good option staying wide and crossing in with his left. Madueke and Palmer are more finishers so it makes sense to have them move infield more regularly - especially with Gusto or James (RIP) overlapping down the right.

Don't really think it's a balance problem since we have right footed options anyway who are much better than Sancho and a better fit tactically.

Sancho and Chelsea, what an unholy alliance!

Imagine Sancho and Mudryk running down the wings. Actually, not much different to Rashford or Antony when you think of it...

Looking at transfermarkt and it shows Chelsea still have 36 players in their squad. Sancho and Osimhen could join today as well. How many players could leave today? Petrović, Sterling, Washington, who else?