Chelsea 2024/25

The whole thing is an absolute joke. Skysports finance guru said last night.
The average pl wage is 72k a week.
Chelsea have most of these guys on really really long contracts at between 60 and 70k a week, which is low for top clubs.
They top up their wages with massive incentive bonus’s.
They see players as sellable assets so don’t mind them not playing and just sitting in the reserves on that money.
It’s purely business not sport. They are finished under the current regime.

Who are the 15-20 players who are training separately then?

These are the players I think are training elsewhere and what we want to do with them (IMO).

Lukaku (31) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Arrizabalaga (29) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Chilwell (27) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Sterling (29) - Surplass to requi, rements signed before sporting directors came in, to be sold

Armando Broja (22)- Going on loan, to be sold

Trevoh Chalobah (25) - to be sold

Djordje Petrovic (24) - Going on loan

Ângelo Gabriel (19) - to be sold or loaned

Deivid Washington (19) - to be loaned

David Datro Fofana (21) - to be sold or loaned

Omari Kellyman (18) - to be loaned

Marcus Bettinell (32) - to be sold or released

Faustino Anjorin (22) - to be sold or loaned

Charney Chukwuemeka (20) - to be loaned

Tyrique Georg (18) - to be loaned

Cesare Casadei (21) - to be sold or loaned

Lucas Bergström (21) - to be loaned

Eddie Beach (20) - to be loaned

Josh Acheampong (18) - to be loaned

Last edited:
Bet those 20ish other players feel great? If I was a buying club, I’d be starting low, very low…

Not sure if they’ll be done this season or next.

If he plays his cards right, he'd have a group of motivated players that know they can be replaced anytime.

“I don't see them. It's not a mess like it looks from outside. Absolutely not.”

:lol:

“It’s not that bad really. You just tell them to feck right off and pretend they don’t exist. Out of sight, out of mind, as the saying goes. fecking mugs they are.”

Bet those 20ish other players feel great? If I was a buying club, I’d be starting low, very low…

Not sure if they’ll be done this season or next.

Everything I've heard come out of this guy's mouth has been utter disrespect. I'm sure the players are going to absolutely love him.

I give it 5 months tops.

Do agree with your statement as a fan, but I think these owners might seriously test that.
It's all hypothetical what will he appen in future. There's nothing to worry about regarding what happens outside the team as far as I'm concerned, my concern is how the team plays on the field.

It seems to me that the team coach freely expresses his opinion to the technical directors.

Sterling is indeed an excellent player, but he has always struggled to keep the ball under control when he is under pressure, the same goes for Conor. Both are great players, but they have had difficulty controlling the ball.

Maresca believes that all players in his team should be able to handle the ball well under pressure. Therefore, it seems he has excluded them from the team. This is just my opinion.

Chelsea should be getting a lot more scrutiny in the media than they are, over spending on players, scatter fun approach, treating experienced players like cattle, keeping some away from the first team and now stripping Sterling of his number.

No matter what they say, it’s been a pretty disgraceful and tasteless couple of years. I’m surprised anyone still signs for them. Just seen their managers press conference about it all and he came across a right piece of work for someone who’s done nothing much in the game.

The whole thing is an absolute joke. Skysports finance guru said last night.
The average pl wage is 72k a week.
Chelsea have most of these guys on really really long contracts at between 60 and 70k a week, which is low for top clubs.
They top up their wages with massive incentive bonus’s.
They see players as sellable assets so don’t mind them not playing and just sitting in the reserves on that money.

It’s purely business not sport. They are finished under the current regime.
That doesn't even make sense because if they're just sitting on the bench and not playing, how would they get decent transfer fees for those players ? and how would they get the players on 6-7 year contracts to leave and take less when they inevitably only get interest from teams that don't want to pay them 60-70k a week because they're not playing ? The whole thing makes no sense.

Unless they have some sort of agreement when those players sign those contracts that they have to forego their loyalty bonus when they leave.

I'll give you an example, they signed Angelo Gabriel, a highly rated young Santos player for 13 mill. They now want to sell Angelo Gabriel without him even making an app. from what I've seen they've only had loan offers from Turkey and I would be extremely surprised if they manage to get half of that original transfer fee back if they do sell him.

Basically, it's not business either it's just confusing as hell.

Last edited:
These are the players I think are training elsewhere and what we want to do with them (IMO).

Lukaku (31) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Arrizabalaga (29) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Chilwell (27) - Signed by old owners, for sale

Sterling (29) - Surplass to requiments, signed before sporting directors came in, to be sold

Armando Broja (22)- Going on loan, to be sold

Trevoh Chalobah (25) - to be sold

Djordje Petrovic (24) - Going on loan

Ângelo Gabriel (19) - to be sold or loaned

Deivid Washington (19) - to be loaned

David Datro Fofana (21) - to be sold or loaned

Omari Kellyman (18) - to be loaned

Marcus Bettinell (32) - to be sold or released

Faustino Anjorin (22) - to be sold or loaned

Charney Chukwuemeka (20) - to be loaned

Tyrique Georg (18) - to be loaned

Cesare Casadei (21) - to be sold or loaned

Lucas Bergström (21) - to be loaned

Eddie Beach (20) - to be loaned

Josh Acheampong (18) - to be loaned
Armando Broja doing his medical at Ipswich . Loan with an obligation to buy if Ipswich stay up
One down .. 18 to go

We'll find out in a few years

Why?

I'm genuinely interested in who you think would money launder in this way.

Although I've only had a few days training in financial crime, buying a high profile sports team for a where every large transaction is reported in 100s of different media outlets doesn't really seem like the way you would launder money.

Why?

Although I've only had a few days training in financial crime, buying a high profile sports team for a where every large transaction is reported in 100s of different media outlets doesn't really seem like the way you would launder money.
There are a lot more efficient ways of laundering money than buying a new 11 of pro footballers every transfer window. :lol:

Why?

What is reported in the media is not necessarily the whole story. Financial shenanigans can go much bigger than a football club, even a high profile one. We'll have to wait and see.

Apart from anything else, no other explanation makes any sense.

What is reported in the media is not necessarily the whole story. Financial shenanigans can go much bigger than a football club, even a high profile one. We'll have to wait and see.

Financial shenanigans absolutely. Spending £2.5 billion to buy the club in order to launder money via transfers just makes no sense at all.

Chelsea can be criticised for a lot of things right now but spending 2.5 billion (of already clean money) to then spunk another idk how much on players that may end up losing half of their value when they try and resell is not money laundering.

Financial idiocy, maybe.

Chelsea can be criticised for a lot of things right now but spending 2.5 billion (of already clean money) to then spunk another idk how much on players that may end up losing half of their value when they try and resell is not money laundering.

Financial idiocy, maybe.

There must be more to it than meets the eye (and not just transfers) . They didn't make all the money they have/had by being financial idiots even if they give that impression.

Financial shenanigans absolutely. Spending £2.5 billion to buy the club in order to launder money via transfers just makes no sense at all.
Money laundering is one of those terms used on here way too often considering most people don't understand what it is, what it achieves or how it works.

That doesn't even make sense because if they're just sitting on the bench and not playing, how would they get decent transfer fees for those players ? and how would they get the players on 6-7 year contracts to leave and take less when they inevitably only get interest from teams that don't want to pay them 60-70k a week because they're not playing ? The whole thing makes no sense.

Unless they have some sort of agreement when those players sign those contracts that they have to forego their loyalty bonus when they leave.

I'll give you an example, they signed Angelo Gabriel, a highly rated young Santos player for 13 mill. They now want to sell Angelo Gabriel without him even making an app. from what I've seen they've only had loan offers from Turkey and I would be extremely surprised if they manage to get half of that original transfer fee back if they do sell him.

Basically, it's not business either it's just confusing as hell.
100%

The guys pinning his hopes on transfer fees exploding over 7-8 years. History says he’s sort of right, however PSR has shook up the market.

It’s suicide for Chelsea and players will catch on, which top or aspiring to the top player wants to sit in the reserves for 8 years without the bonuses. Crazy business model which will implode.

Feel sorry for Maresca.

Much like Tuchel, then Potter and more recently Poch, he’s being made to look an idiot and answer questions about the bloated squad right from the off.

I’m sure he could do without all this nonsense that the club keep pulling.

Laughing stock.