Chelsea 2024/25

wtf....they've signed 11 players this summer and have 42 registered players on the first team. how the holy hell do they avoid FFP rules given the squad and monies they've spent???

wtf....they've signed 11 players this summer and have 42 registered players on the first team. how the holy hell do they avoid FFP rules given the squad and monies they've spent???
No idea, you're the first person to bring it up.

Everyone criticised Mourinho for banishing Schweinsteiger. Chelsea are doing far worse with Chalobah, Sterling, Chilwell etc.

Not really, Chalobah has done feck all, Sterling is clearly a pissed off twat and deserves to be banished for that statement and Chilwell is always injured.

The coaches can only work with so much, they can only register 25 players for the PL. If the club gives Maresca 40+ players then obviously a lot of players need to be left out.

I was looking at his name as well. What happened to him? Wasn't he very promising?

He's pretty solid IMO. Could be a decent rotational piece for any PL team.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea are forcing him out due to him being a good PSR asset.

I don’t know if this has been posted but it looks like Chelsea could be in even bigger shit! I would say “if true” but it seems they’ve already admitted to essentially bribing players and agents to get them to join the club over rivals in the Abramovich era.

Oh, do one. Hazard clearly opted for Chelsea because of sporting reasons. He was clear about it.

"There was a struggle between Chelsea and [Manchester] United but, for me, Chelsea has the best project. It's a wonderful club (and we recieved big, fat check under the table to say such bollocks)."

The club is there to support. Nothing will change that.

Do agree with your statement as a fan, but I think these owners might seriously test that.

He's pretty solid IMO. Could be a decent rotational piece for any PL team.

I'm pretty sure Chelsea are forcing him out due to him being a good PSR asset.

Apart from Sterling and Lukaku who are probably both on giant wages the rest is pure book balancing. Sell off young academy assets which are pure profit pn the books.

Should be fine to it this year, but eventually you will run out of road with that tactic as your youth no longer can be sold as they've all gone and your looked onto real lengthy contracts for any that flop that your stuck with.

Chelsea have to get champions league in the next two years otherwise they will be bang in trouble with how much they've pushed down alot of transfer fees down the road. But for now despite having a gigantic squad I doubt the wages for a large portion of the squad are anything special. I'd imagine there would only be a handful who are on what you'd describe as large champions league level wages, and they are actively trying to get rid of a few.

Selling hotels and home grown players. We really shouldn't have bought Mount

Sterling situation justs looks bad all round.
He's not part of the plans, but finds out by being left out of squad v City and kicking up a fuss, instead of just being told beforehand, so now has a week to find a new club or he's going to stink up the place for at least 4 months.

According to multiple reports Sterling got told on Friday, two days before the City game, that he wouldn't be in the plans going forward. It's not like he found out about it when the team news were released. How much further beforehand should he have been given notice?

All through the summer the club have entertained the idea of Sterling leaving. Up until now it just hasn't happened so now they're actively trying to nudge him off, much like the likes of Gallagher and Chalobah before. It's a scummy way of doing things if you ask me but can't say I'm going to miss Sterling as a player if he does indeed go.

Just one normal day following Chelsea is all I ask.

Player did nothing wrong imo, he's under contract and was expecting to play. Only to be told the night before that he's probably not going to be involved.

Raheem de Jong

I'd feel bad for treating players like that in FM.

There's ruthless and acting like a shite club...
I mean if it gets results that's what counts. No one is going to remember this or even care about it. Those two players getting the message could generate the club upwards of £60/£70m, which I think has far more of an impact on the club than people saying they're acting a bit mean.

I mean if it gets results that's what counts. No one is going to remember this or even care about it. Those two players getting the message could generate the club upwards of £60/£70m, which I think has far more of an impact on the club than people saying they're acting a bit mean.
Couldn't disagree more.

There's ruthless and acting like a shite club...

To add to this, I think there is a very good argument that internal club culture is an important component to a successful club. You'll always have different personalities and sometimes conflicts but in the end you need players fulling buying in to the manager's vision, developing bonds with each other, and all pulling in the same direction and supporting each other, even when they are out of the team or not playing as much as they would like.

I just don't see how Chelsea's approach is conducive to any of that. Players will have close friends in the squad who are treated terribly by the club/manager and they are supposed to block all that out and buy in fully to the project. Players are supposed to support each other and row in the same direction, yet they also must fear that if their teammates in the same position succeed they could be just cast aside completely and banished from the first team. The young players on the fringes are supposed to work hard to improve key aspects of their game, but its nearly impossible to see a pathway to a bigger role even if they do improve.

They owe Sterling £50 million in wages on the remaining three years of his contract.

He will need to go to Saudi or Chelsea will be paying him a big chunk of money to leave. Given the way the statement was worded, I don’t think Sterling has any intention of losing out on wages.

They owe Sterling £50 million in wages on the remaining three years of his contract.

He will need to go to Saudi or Chelsea will be paying him a big chunk of money to leave. Given the way the statement was worded, I don’t think Sterling has any intention of losing out on wages.
If I'm Sterling, I'm doing a Bale and taking up golf.

No way they’re getting paid for a 30 year old Sterling who’s on 300k. Only United have done those things, and apparently we’ve learned our lesson now. Best you can do is a free transfer to Saudi imo. About the same as us with Casemiro.

Sterling should just train and collect his 14 million in wages, let Chelsea sort out the mess, he isnt going to get that wage anywhere else.

Sterling should just train and collect his 14 million in wages, let Chelsea sort out the mess, he isnt going to get that wage anywhere else.

According to Ornstein earlier today, Sterling doesn't want to do that. He wants to leave.

He's 29 and already mega rich. He's not going to be sat doing nothing for the next 3 years.

Something will be worked out and if it doesn't, there will be a new manager soon enough.

Hopefully Chelsea will continue to pay him what he's owed. Should not have to take a massive pay cut just cause Chelsea had a lapse in concentration and accidentally bought 14 players in his position.

I hope he does a Bale and is just content sitting there picking up his £300,000 p/w wage for the remainder of his contract. Make it as awkward as possible for Chelsea.