Chelsea 2024/25

It does actually perfectly explain the insane spending, if they're expecting a transfer ban. It's actually the only reasonable explanation.

Take a 4 window ban. Use that time to consolidate the squad. Loan/sell well, if possible. Come out of the 2 year ban with a settle squad and 2 years of posting profits. I'd never wish for a ban because it would mean we had broken some rules, which sucks, but this punishment might just be exactly what Chelsea need.
Not sure that you can sell under a transfer ban.

Pretty sure we sold Hazard just as the transfer ban started in 2019. We couldn't sign any players that summer but we sold Hazard and couple of others.

We were allowed to make the Kovacic loan permanent though, which was technically a transfer.

Last edited:

It's a ban on new player registrations (it's commonly called a "transfer ban" but this is not strictly accurate). You can sell and loan out players, but you cannot acquire any new ones, whether by loans, purchases or Bosmans.

It's a ban on new player registrations (it's commonly called a "transfer ban" but this is not strictly accurate). You can sell and loan out players, but you cannot acquire any new ones, whether by loans, purchases or Bosmans.

Correct. That's why we were able to buy Kovacic during our "transfer" ban.

Cheers, “registration ban” should be the words used.

Rumours going around of a 2 years, 4 window transfer ban for chelsea due to the investigation into the previous board's conduct, which the new board brought to the league's attention. Might explain their crazy spending.

As a Chelsea fan this plan has my full endorsement.

The ban part I mean, not the crazy spending part.

It does actually perfectly explain the insane spending, if they're expecting a transfer ban. It's actually the only reasonable explanation.

Take a 4 window ban. Use that time to consolidate the squad. Loan/sell well, if possible. Come out of the 2 year ban with a settle squad and 2 years of posting profits. I'd never wish for a ban because it would mean we had broken some rules, which sucks, but this punishment might just be exactly what Chelsea need.
Would be curious to see if we are able to register Paez and Estevao if we're banned...

Your club is so goddamn weird
Fans begging for a transfer ban to protect the club from the board. I dont know if its hilarious or sad.

Would be curious to see if we are able to register Paez and Estevao if we're banned...

Would they be newly registered in 2025? Or they already registered in advance as incoming Chelsea players? I'm not sure how this stuff works to be honest.

Though mostly sad

Football fans typically want their owners to splash the cash. When you see fans welcoming a transfer ban to stop the spending, you know the owners are completely out of control.

Team is shaping up well. A striker will be great but okay with it. Man City game will say where we are but I am confident we will match city in opening match. Come on blues.

Team is shaping up well. A striker will be great but okay with it. Man City game will say where we are but I am confident we will match city in opening match. Come on blues.
Failing that, you could always disrupt the match with a pitch invasion. No need for fans, players will suffice.

Failing that, you could always disrupt the match with a pitch invasion. No need for fans, players will suffice.
Don't worry pl allowed max 25 players per team. Everybody else will be moved away.

I think Chelsea has a really great opportunity to win.

City is likely to be unable to start KDB, Rodri, Foden, Bernardo, Ake, Walker, or Stones. They've obviously still got other good players but you'll never catch them weaker than this weekend.

I have the feeling Chelsea even with all the craziness might have a decent season. I saw games last season where you were legitimately a handful. It can be finicky sometimes to get on a roll and build some confidence. Need to be clinical and get some early results or it could spiral downwards pretty quickly.

They just have so many bloody players, it's difficult to keep track. I have no idea if they have a good team or not. You'd think they could find 11 good players somewhere in the shuffle.

Maybe they will do well? Who bloody knows. It's the same about everything with them, maybe the manager is good even Leicester fans don't really seem to know.

Must be a bloody headache for their fans trying to keep up with it all.

They just have so many bloody players, it's difficult to keep track. I have no idea if they have a good team or not. You'd think they could find 11 good players somewhere in the shuffle.
Think the same! There are definitely 11 good players in there. They have made it so bloody difficult for themselves. They also have some injury issues though....not sure adding Neto was going to make that issue any better.

Maybe they will do well? Who bloody knows. It's the same about everything with them, maybe the manager is good even Leicester fans don't really seem to know.

Must be a bloody headache for their fans trying to keep up with it all.

Just use last season’s team as your reference. Not a whole lot of changes to the first team. Only Gallagher and Silva are gone from last season’s regular starters. Potentially the only outright starter we’ve signed is Neto.

Just use last season’s team as your reference. Not a whole lot of changes to the first team. Only Gallagher and Silva are gone from last season’s regular starters. Potentially the only outright starter we’ve signed is Neto.

Are you gonna start that new keeper you signed?

I reckon Tosin will be your best defender too. One of the few Prem signings I'm jealousy of cause I think he's actually terrific and could have a Rudiger like trajectory when he settles.

Yep last season starters as reference we should take then first teamers we can count as new additions.

Nkunku,
Lavia
Neto
Tosin,
Veiga.
Jorgensen

I am okay with that.

How does Lavia fit in?
Lavia looked sharp in pre season. Probably he will be the most important player for us coming season.

Probably lavia and caicedo holding the midfield and Enzo given free role in midfield against big teams.
-----------caicedo------------------Lavia------------

---------------------------enzo------------------------

Neto------------------nkunku---------------palmer

This is our best line up if all six are fit and ready. Palmer and nkunku , Neto all capable of interchanging their positions.

Last edited:
Are you gonna start that new keeper you signed?

I reckon Tosin will be your best defender too. One of the few Prem signings I'm jealousy of cause I think he's actually terrific and could have a Rudiger like trajectory when he settles.

I think the hope is he'll be the first choice long term, but Sanchez looked better and more accomplished on the ball in preseason, so I have no doubts he will start the season on the bench.

I liked some things I saw from Tosin in preseason but the defence in general looked all over the place. Even Reece James, who can usually always be relied upon to be consistently good, looked weirdly off his game. My guess is Maresca will start the season with a Colwill/Fofana CB pairing and see how we go from there.

Rumours are beginning to surface around Disasi getting interest from European clubs. He had hernia surgery at the start of the summer, but it does feel like he's been relegated to 5th choice.

Looking at their squad.

Their centre back options really aren't great.

Disasi, Fofana (crock), Badiashille, Colwill, Adarabioyo.

I wouldn't have much hope of them doing much this season.

I don't understand why they're trying to get Felix back.

Nkunku is fit now so he'll be playing in that false 9/support striker position. Cole Palmer had some really good games infield so if Pedro Neto stays fit he'll probably play more as a 10 and you've still got all of Jackson, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke in the mix,

I get they need to get someone from Atletico to push through the Gallagher deal. Thinking about it Jose Maria Gimenez would be ideal fit for them at the back. Vastly experienced and cunning so he'd add a bit of edge to their defence.

No idea if he wants to stay there for eternity with Simeone but that sort of signing would elevate them back up the league if he was available in 40-50m bracket.

I don't understand why they're trying to get Felix back.

Nkunku is fit now so he'll be playing in that false 9/support striker position. Cole Palmer had some really good games infield so if Pedro Neto stays fit he'll probably play more as a 10 and you've still got all of Jackson, Mudryk, Sterling, Madueke in the mix,

I get they need to get someone from Atletico to push through the Gallagher deal. Thinking about it Jose Maria Gimenez would be ideal fit for them at the back. Vastly experienced and cunning so he'd add a bit of edge to their defence.

No idea if he wants to stay there for eternity with Simeone but that sort of signing would elevate them back up the league if he was available in 40-50m bracket.

I don't think they really want him, it just seems like doing a deal for doing a deal sake. Chelsea don't want Gallagher, Atletico don't want Felix, Mendes will be involved, probably seen as a means to an end rather than actually wanting Felix.

Chelsea have some really good players, so if they can get them to gel, they could be in for a good season. Maybe they are still missing a quality striker. Will Lukaku play for them this season?

Chelsea have some really good players, so if they can get them to gel, they could be in for a good season. Maybe they are still missing a quality striker. Will Lukaku play for them this season?

There are strong links with Osimhen again, and Lukaku will almost certainly move to Napoli on a permanent transfer. Last time I checked Napoli weren’t willing to go above £38m including all addons while we wanted at least £43m. I think this deal will happen soon.

There are strong links with Osimhen again, and Lukaku will almost certainly move to Napoli on a permanent transfer. Last time I checked Napoli weren’t willing to go above £38m including all addons while we wanted at least £43m. I think this deal will happen soon.
12-year contract incoming for Osimhen.

Sterling releasing a statement after being left out of the squad is as giga cringe as me using the phrase giga cringe.

I can't fathom how some would want to have Sanchez over Petrovic. He's going to cost us so much this year with his shitty goalkeeping and hospital passes.