Chelsea 2024/25

Sky Sports' Ben Grounds at Stamford Bridge:

"No celebration from Kovacic. He's been my pick of the Manchester City players. And what a time to score against your former club, who have thrown the cheque book at trying to resemble a team and were more than happy to see him leave."

Ouch

Look like they have good players, but I don't see how that set up they had today will work. Know nothing of this manager though.

should've keep Poch until City match at least . He has good record against Pep

They will have a worse season than 2015/16

No balance in the squad a manager who is out of his depth

Not many players will make 20 plus appearances for them this season

Actually thought they looked decent in large parts of the game. Technically and physically, they’re a very decent team and that will show over a season IMO.

Must say Jackson and Enzo look like weak points though.

Really don't see this Maresca chap lasting long.

Must be the favourite to be first Premier League manager sacked. Chelsea have had a few of these types now (managers who ostensibly play 'good football'), but somehow it never works out. I think Chelsea fans actually enjoy being spoilers, defensively impregnable and fundamentally tough to beat - I think that's part of their club identity and their most successful managers have leaned into it, while Sarri, Potter and, I would predict, Maresca, never really win the hearts of the fans or translate their football 'philosophy' into actual results.

Edit just checked and he is 2nd favourite to be sacked next, behind Eddie Howe. He has a five year contract, but the last Chelsea manager to last five yeas was Dave Sexton (1967 to 1974). Mostly, they are gone after two years and they only get their 2nd year if they win the Premier League or the Champions League in their 1st year, which Maresca isn't going to do.

Last edited:
The way Chelsea just bin players doesn’t wash with how we expect clubs and players to operate… feels like how a large US company or an NFL team would act.

Feels all or nothing and if it fails, I think it fails big time
American sports they can just trade you during the window to whomever they want, unless you have a no trade clause. Not sure they treat players as badly as Chelsea do with such lack of respect.

Really don't see this Maresca chap lasting long.
Their next six fixtures are fairly favourable, and I can see them scoring (and conceding) plenty if they're playing the kind of naive stuff they were showing in preseason.

He could just as easily develop some 'big Ange' hype as get the sack. Neither would shock me.

Enzo and Jackson were poor, especially in a couple key moments, and it cost them a result today.

Anyone with a passing interest in the Championship knew it was a crap appointment.
They are presuming he is another Arteta, A Pep acolyte who is a good coach, Kompany has shown he cannot hack it in the PL. Time will tell. They have qualifier on Thursday for Europa Conference and then go to Wolves.

Sky Sports' Ben Grounds at Stamford Bridge:

"No celebration from Kovacic. He's been my pick of the Manchester City players. And what a time to score against your former club, who have thrown the cheque book at trying to resemble a team and were more than happy to see him leave."

Ouch

He wanted to leave

A squad full of players who can't finish and a shitty goalkeeper prone to errors. The owners could never have seen this coming. A real bolt from the blue that.

Our priority must be to get the Felix deal sorted so we can have yet another player who is useless in the final third.

Actually thought they looked decent in large parts of the game. Technically and physically, they’re a very decent team and that will show over a season IMO.

Must say Jackson and Enzo look like weak points though.

Thats because Enzo isn't a number 10, cant believe i have to tell people that.

Sterling has is on 325k a week and has 3 years left on his contract. He won't be going anywhere.

Probably have about 40 or so of these statements released by player agents before every game we play this season.

A squad full of players who can't finish and a shitty goalkeeper prone to errors. The owners could never have seen this coming. A real bolt from the blue that.

Our priority must be to get the Felix deal sorted so we can have yet another player who is useless in the final third.

"we won the XG!"

Probably have about 40 or so of these statements released by player agents before every game we play this season.

To be fair, I doubt there's enough seats on the Chelsea first team coach to transport this lot to a game - most weeks the majority of the squad will be watching the matches on TV:

GVQ83eeXcAAi8Zi

What happened to the whole Enzo racist bus incident? Brushed under the rug at Chelsea?

As captain he was moaning more than Bruno today. What has he accomplished to be made captain at Chelsea?
Most expensive Premier League player ever is an accomplishment, although the credit probably needs to go to Benfica for finding someone willing to pay that much for him.

The club is unrecognisable from the prior era and from what Bates built. Absolutely no soul in the team. Spending billions of borrowed money on a bunch of kids.

Shipping out academy players and freezing the likes of Chalobah out.

Meanwhile the worst parts of our far right racist past and financial vultures who are only in it for the money.

To be fair, I doubt there's enough seats on the Chelsea first team coach to transport this lot to a game - most weeks the majority of the squad will be watching the matches on TV:

GVQ83eeXcAAi8Zi
A billion pounds spent on that. Incredible. How many are even close to being the best in their position in the league? Hell there's probably only 4 or 5 i'd take in our swiss cheese of a squad.

If they dont see some serious player development in the coming season or two, they're going to be locked out to the top 4 for some time.