Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are Liverpool back to being the best team in the world again?

Let's not forget United and Mourinho schooled them at Old Trafford and anyone with a decent target man will cause them issues. They have a style of play which City can't deal with and deserved their victory.

City get dumped out. But Liverpool progress with Roma a potential opponent....

Like winning the lottery but losing your fecking ticket.

So all you people who wanted to see Liverpool progress?....Yeah they could end up playing Roma and being in a one off game in Kiev in June

Good one lads....

everyone writing off Roma already after they just beat Barca 3-0

idiots

Roma will be a different test for Liverpool should they draw each other. One they may struggle with more.

Now that the plastics are gone we want the Scouse hammered in the semis

People wanted them to go through "because there's no way they'll beat any of the last 3" :lol:

So are Liverpool back to being the best team in the world again?

Let's not forget United and Mourinho schooled them at Old Trafford and anyone with a decent target man will cause them issues. They have a style of play which City can't deal with and deserved their victory.
Likewise, we have a style that troubles Liverpool. If you're not concerned, I wish I had your confidence.

everyone writing off Roma already after they just beat Barca 3-0

idiots

Let's be realistic mate, Barca are a significantly greater threat to Liverpool than Roma could ever hope to be.

I was genuinely shocked when people were happy to see Roma go through.

Never thought I would see the day to be so disappointed that City lost a game. The thought of City winning the CL is bad, but Liverpool winning it is just unbearable.

Liverpool fans and Klopp are such hypocrites, the lot of them. Pathetic performance tonite, park the bus, long balls and counter attack. Wait a minute, thats Jose's blueprint. How dare they play so bad and win the game. How dare they park the bus? Disgraceful the lot of them. Klopp took it out of Jose's book and won. Simple as that. They were shyte.

Likewise, we have a style that troubles Liverpool. If you're not concerned, I wish I had your confidence.

They are still in the competition so have a chance but I think people have short memories. A powerful ariel threat like Lewando, Dzeko, Ronaldo will cause them issues. Lukaku terrorised them and according to the Caf he's shite..

Liverpool haven't been tearing up European football let's not forget and barely scraped out of one of the easiest groups in the competition.

They way everyone is talking like they accept Liverpool have won it is fecking stupid.

The lot who wanted Liverpool to win are sadist feckers.

Please someone beat the shit out of Liverpool.

Let's be realistic mate, Barca are a significantly greater threat to Liverpool than Roma could ever hope to be.

I was genuinely shocked when people were happy to see Roma go through.

i agree but liverpool are still highly unlikely to win the CL.

its nice to see a bit of romance though, roma deserved it. barca are a bunch of wankers.

Liverpool are hugely dependent on Salah. Mane and Firmino are really good but should Salah pick up an injury before the semi’s, Liverpool will be a much easier side to beat. Also thinking this will help us in our quest for second.

They are still in the competition so have a chance but I think people have short memories. A powerful ariel threat like Lewando, Dzeko, Ronaldo will cause them issues. Lukaku terrorised them and according to the Caf he's shite..

Liverpool haven't been tearing up European football let's not forget and barely scraped out of one of the easiest groups in the competition.

They way everyone is talking like they accept Liverpool have won it is fecking stupid.

I mean, we've scored the most goals in Europe, conceded one goal in our last 6 CL games and just beat the bookies favourites (a couple of weeks ago). Keep praying though.

Its getting serious now lads. Nobody will be laughing if City win the league and Liverpool win the Champions League. That's a nightmare scenario.

Liverpool now have a 25 per cent chance of being European Champions for a sixth time. That's a frightening prospect.

Eh, Liverpool winning another European cup is normally worst case, but they already have enough to boast about at any given opportunity. Thankfully enough of them have enough fingers on one hand to do 6 times so no real change, just harder to catch up with in the long term. The press creaming themselves over City/Guardiola would be much worse in the short to medium term.

Eh, Liverpool winning another European cup is normally worst case, but they already have enough to boast about at any given opportunity. The press creaming themselves over City/Guardiola would be much worse in the short to medium term.
Very true

Eh, Liverpool winning another European cup is normally worst case, but they already have enough to boast about at any given opportunity. Thankfully enough of them have enough fingers to do 6 times. The press creaming themselves over City/Guardiola would be much worse in the short to medium term.
My thoughts too.

Its getting serious now lads. Nobody will be laughing if City win the league and Liverpool win the Champions League. That's a nightmare scenario.

Liverpool now have a 25 per cent chance of being European Champions for a sixth time. That's a frightening prospect.

It’s not a 25% chance.. they’re not flipping a coin for the trophy.

Absolutely, long way to go. We got a bit lucky in that first half tonight. If we play like that against Madrid or Bayern chances are they will bury us. We need a lot of stars to align for us to win this - not least improving Klopp's poor final record should we even get there. When we qualified against Hoffenheim I did think we could do well as it suits our game, because teams come out to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.