Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to the match tonight. All I want to see are goals, good football and a painful end to the tie for one of the teams. Don't really care who.

it was piss funny seeing city get smashed last week. It would be even more funny if Liverpool went out tonight

City are still capable of turning this around. Still I think either team will struggle in semis.

They are. Dont think Ive ever been so nervous with a 3 - 0 lead before. Liverpool please score one to start my arse twitching. Its nights like this I wish I was born in fecking Grimbsy or somewhere daft like that.

They are. Dont think Ive ever been so nervous with a 3 - 0 lead before. Liverpool please score one to start my arse twitching. Its nights like this I wish I was born in fecking Grimbsy or somewhere daft like that.

Genuinely nervous about tonight. Can't count City out at all. Especially if they score an early goal.

City are still capable of turning this around. Still I think either team will struggle in semis.
I don't rate City's capability that high, but I agree that there is possibility due to L'pool's unstable nature.

I don't rate City's capability that high, but I agree that there is possibility due to L'pool's unstable nature.

We all know that City are more than capable of beating Liverpool by 3+ goals, what I doubt is whether they're mentally strong enough to actually get themselves in the mindset to do so. I think they're just as likely to lose 4-0 tonight as they are to win 4-0.

We all know that City are more than capable of beating Liverpool by 3+ goals, what I doubt is whether they're mentally strong enough to actually get themselves in the mindset to do so. I think they're just as likely to lose 4-0 tonight as they are to win 4-0.
That's what I meant. They have the ability with football, but lack the mental strength. So this is more about L'pool's ability to feck thing up (mental prowess too). This L'pool team has the habit of letting teams back in games

That's what I meant. They have the ability with football, but lack the mental strength. So this is more about L'pool's ability to feck thing up (mental prowess too). This L'pool team has the habit of letting teams back in games

City scoring first, and before half-time, will make for a very interesting game. Can see Liverpool absolutely shitting themselves, which they nearly did after Salah went off in the first leg.

I hope for a high energy game, ending in overtime. Let them both run around enough to stumble plenty in the final few games of the PL season. I don´t really care who goes through, but I do hope we get to watch both teams feck up massively in the run in in the PL because of fatigue and loss of motivation.

City will not win CL, and LFC will not win CL. My hope for tonight's game is 3-0 after full time. City win on penalty after Salah misses.

Can't decide what result I want. Liverpool have less of a chance to advance from the next round whereas City could very well win the whole thing, so for the purpose of ensuring neither of our rivals end up in a CL final, it's certainly best if Liverpool knock City out. But Liverpool's pain and meltdown if City recover from a 0-3 deficit is going to be so delicious that it's difficult not to want that.

Dont care what happens as long as neither team gets beyond the semis. Fairly sure I said this before the first leg as well.

I didn’t care that much so long as none got to the final, but now I want to see disappointment in the eyes of the scousers. I wanna see them cry

Liverpool would get done in the semi’s. City could genuinely win it though.

Liverpool would get done in the semi’s. City could genuinely win it though.
This is how I feel. Liverpool getting thrashed by a team like Real would be lovely. Them throwing away a 3-0 aggregate lead would be as well, but then I'd actually be worried about City going all the way.

It's almost impossible for City to win this one. Not only will they need help from the football gods but the refs as well. This tie was over the moment they allowed 3 goals in the first leg while scoring none.

It's going to be interesting to see Liverpool's attack against one of Europe's (true) elite teams in the next round though...

I’m actually coming round to the idea of Liverpool getting shown up against a Barca or Real.

They’re such a one dimensional, naive side but they’re fecking lucky in Europe and always have been.

Some of us new fans only know City as the rival, not Liverpool. We have some plastic around us, but we still support as well as we know

I’m actually coming round to the idea of Liverpool getting shown up against a Barca or Real.

They’re such a one dimensional, naive side but they’re fecking lucky in Europe and always have been.

Let’s bloody hope so! This is a fecking disaster

I can sort of (but not really) understand wanting City to lose more than Liverpool.

However, should Liverpool somehow win the CL then those who cheered them on today should be held partly if not wholly responsible.

I can sort of (but not really) understand wanting City to lose more than Liverpool.

However, should Liverpool somehow win the CL then those who cheered them on today should be held partly if not wholly responsible.

Everyone one these feckers should have to sacrifice their first born to correct this sin.

I jest

Ban the cnuts. They're going to go through when they draw Roma. Roma are fecking bottlers and will feck up eventually.

You fecking idiots. Liverpool are going to draw Roma and fond themselves in a Champions League final..

I hope some of you are happy. Chickens are coming home to roost.

Come down people. It's not as if tonight was the CL final. If City would have won the CL this season and not suffered this dip in form it would have given them even more advantage going into next season. Liverpool are not going to win the league next season or the season after that or the season after that (continue..)

Status
Not open for further replies.