Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The last thing I want to do is blow smoke up Klopp's arse (because I think he's a knob and I fecking despise the club he manages) but watching the Ox, Henderson and Milner completely dominate central midfield for the first 45 minutes did make me depressed about how we've entered a perennial cycle where the only way to get us to the next level is to buy new players. I mean, the caf consensus until very recently was that all three of them are useless. Remember when we destroyed Arsenal with Rafael playing in central midfield? I miss those days. I fecking hate being the sort of fan who thinks that the best way to fix their team is with a shopping list for the summer. Is it too much to ask for us to get some of the players already in our squad to punch way above their weight like Milner et al did last night?
It's very relevant to us because it's becoming an issue that's dividing us as fans. There's a growing amount of fans tired of the annual clamour for new signings.

Ace of Spades

I hate them both, and hate both their managers as well. Did not watch the game at all, and I hope someone knocks whoever goes into the next round.

mad1max954

I loathe Liverpool. There is literally no team I’d want to win the CL or PL less. Despite this, City going out is a better result. They have the quality to possibly win the thing, whereas Liverpool will definitely get mugged off by the Spaniards later in the tournament. Yesterday was a good result.
Exactly my thought process too. Dont get me wrong, I am not cheering them on by any stretch, but I was satisfied that Liverpool won comfortably. Liverpool are much more likely to get whittled out in the next round!

Hopefully the fact that they have had a good workout last night will play into our hands at the weekend!

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
I think there's always a clamour for big new signings, but until Mourinho came along we rarely got any. Its a case of be careful what you wish for. His signings have been immense but he's giving our local young lads a chance too, so I'm not sure what the problem is. His challenge now is to turn them into a team that delivers good football consistently. We're seeing the signs, first half v Swans for example. Don't forget this time last year Pep was worried about keeping his job. Keep the faith, be patient, Mou will deliver. Sermon over :)

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I hate them both, and hate both their managers as well. Did not watch the game at all, and I hope someone knocks whoever goes into the next round.
My sentiments entirely, my only thought was that if Liverpool win then they may have a better chance of losing in the next round. The longer City don’t win the CL the better. God that would be unbearable.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
@FootyGirl88

Exactly. The moment I get an ounce of sympathy for Liverpool, a Liverpool fan starts acting extremely smug and arrogant to remind me why I dislike them.

The exact same thing happened last year. Liverpool had a very good first half of the season, then capitulated in the 2nd half. So the Liverpool fans convinced themselves that with new signings and Klopp adapting to the league, that next year is their year. It's an endless cycle.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Don't get the thinking behind wanting Liverpool to win as they are less likely to win it than City, imo it's the complete opposite. Liverpool are the ultimate game raising cnuts and have been a cup team for over 2 decades, they have more chance than City.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Liverpool in their day are capable of beating the rest of the sides left in. Barca aren’t that great at the back. Bayern - Klopp more than anyone will know how to play them. Madrid will be the biggest test, but they are capable of an off-day too

Tbh I’m already imaging the open topped bus and the “six times”’chants. Absolutely sickening.

Anyone that isn’t appalled by that scenario, well you’re nothing to me. Lower than the shit on my shoe

golden_blunder

Staff
I always fancied their chances to beat Manchester City but I was expecting a more open match with shit defending on both sides, so it turned a perfect game for them in the end.

More than a Liverpool fan what I admire is the style Klopp has developing since his days at Dortmund as it's very attractive to watch as it's very direct and energetic. Also I think Real Madrid would be better avoiding them as they're still very impredictable and posses almost the same goal threat as we do, so I'd love them to see them advance and dispatch the likes of either Bayern or Barcelona.
Are you a Liverpool fan?

midnightmare

Liverpool in their day are capable of beating the rest of the sides left in. Barca aren’t that great at the back. Bayern - Klopp more than anyone will know how to play them. Madrid will be the biggest test, but they are capable of an off-day too

Tbh I’m already imaging the open topped bus and the “six times”’chants. Absolutely sickening.

Anyone that isn’t appalled by that scenario, well you’re nothing to me. Lower than the shit on my shoe
Exactly. The earlier Liverpool are knocked out, the happier I am. Wouldn’t mind City tonking them for 12 unanswered. The team and their smug cnut of a boss - hopefully City can do to them what Barca did to PSG. Last minute goal to seal it and kill the scum buzz would be acceptable too.

PoTMS

But, but, but Liverpool are City's bogey team!

Big Andy

Bloke
Everyone saying how Liverpool are more likely to get knocked out in the semi's obviously have forgotten what happened in 2005 then...

Arguably one of the most nauseating football related memories I have...

Cal?

CR7 fan
Everyone saying how Liverpool are more likely to get knocked out in the semi's obviously have forgotten what happened in 2005 then...

They were actually a very good side in 2005 and Milan weren't that great.

The other 3 teams left in the CL this season are all miles better than the current Liverpool.

golden_blunder

Staff
Exactly. The earlier Liverpool are knocked out, the happier I am. Wouldn’t mind City tonking them for 12 unanswered. The team and their smug cnut of a boss - hopefully City can do to them what Barca did to PSG. Last minute goal to seal it and kill the scum buzz would be acceptable too.
Would be great but unlikely, Liverpool will score there imho then it’s game over :(

Plus city need Aguero back

golden_blunder

Staff

I think I just vomited a little in my mouth

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yes I cheered when Liverpool scored yesterday. I'm not proud of it, but at least I'm honest.

There I said it, hurl your petty insults, I can take it!

Big Andy

Bloke
They were actually a very good side in 2005 and Milan weren't that great.

The other 3 teams left in the CL this season are all miles better than the current Liverpool.
From memory, they weren't exactly favourites to win it when the semi finals rolled round...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yes I cheered when Liverpool scored yesterday. I'm not proud of it, but at least I'm honest.

There I said it, hurl your petty insults, I can take it!
Boo, and so on.

backtowhiteside

City are in deep trouble. They are going to score of course, probably three but Liverpool are going to score at least one. Makes me so happy to see the empty faces on the oil-company players. Loads of cred to the Lpool players who chased down and broke that shitty Pep tikka tikka. That I want to see from our players in red and the atmosphere in Old Trafford needs to be cooking.

City are not feckin robots, they're not untouchable. You just need a bunch of great football players and some courage to take the feckin ball from them and attack.
Get a shot at target and score. If that fails you do it again, and again.

Teams in the PL have been to afraid of these cnuts. Liverpool were brilliant last night,cred to them. I hope they win 0-3 at Etihad and destroy City. I have no problem with that because I know Lpool can't go all the way and win the CL. Forget about Istanbul, it was a once in a lifetime thing.Their last title is still going to be a coca-cola one.

Cal?

CR7 fan
From memory, they weren't exactly favourites to win it when the semi finals rolled round...
They weren't favourites in 2005, but they weren't massive underdogs either.

This time they will be.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I want them to lose every game they play. I couldn't care if that's against Accrington Stanley or Manchester City, the thought of them winning anything makes me feel ill. The only absolute exception is if them winning a game helps us to win a trophy.

TheFlagStaysDown

Supports
Shamrock rovers
What is this wum? No one wants Liverpool to do well. I personally hate city a tad more, with Guardiola being my least favourite manager, spending over 300mil pounds on defenders to buy the title. They are just plastic clubs. At least Liverpool didn't quite buy it and has some traditions. I hope they get knocked out next round. But very hard to choose to support any of those cnuts like Bayern, Barcelona or Madrid

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The last thing I want to do is blow smoke up Klopp's arse (because I think he's a knob and I fecking despise the club he manages) but watching the Ox, Henderson and Milner completely dominate central midfield for the first 45 minutes did make me depressed about how we've entered a perennial cycle where the only way to get us to the next level is to buy new players. I mean, the caf consensus until very recently was that all three of them are useless. Remember when we destroyed Arsenal with Rafael playing in central midfield? I miss those days. I fecking hate being the sort of fan who thinks that the best way to fix their team is with a shopping list for the summer. Is it too much to ask for us to get some of the players already in our squad to punch way above their weight like Milner et al did last night?
I feel just the same. The way we've been buying so many players and struggling to get them to perform has been a big worry for me since SAF has left. Shopping for players is a good tool when you do it very precisely and the player ultimately delivers.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Game-raisers in game-raising shock.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I really want Liverpool to win it. Sick of the merrygoround of Bayern, Real, Barce and the richest teams always winning it. I can appreciate you're their big rival so will have a different outlook.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Liverpool vs Madrid is the game I want to see.. would be a cracker IMO

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool

I see your point, but City have shown a dominance and consistency to suggest this year they are a bigger threat to winning the CL. Liverpool are the only team to really have one over Pep, whereas Pool are way less consistent so are more likely to screw up one round.

Its not to say they don't have a chance or can raise their game, of course any team in it could win it, but on balance of probabilities I'd rather odds on Liverpool screwing up semi or final, vs. City

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
I really want Liverpool to win it. Sick of the merrygoround of Bayern, Real, Barce and the richest teams always winning it. I can appreciate you're their big rival so will have a different outlook.
How about backing Sevilla. At least it would make our loss less sickening and at 1-2 against they have a chance that most other teams don't. That said they still have to go to Bayern and get 2 goals which won't be easy.

But Juve need 3 at Madrid, Roma need 3 at home, City need 3 at home (to tie).

This is probably the most one sided quarter finals ever. The chances of any turnaround for any of the losing teams is very slim.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I don't think it'd even be close, Ronaldo will rip them a new one.
Hopefully. Just would be great to see him put in a performance at Anfield.. plus great both sides are very direct on the ball and play at a high tempo.

Stacks

Not to tickle Klopp's private parts because he is a knob and hasn't won much here, but he did say we are obsessed with money in England and he prefers the training aspect as you spend time training, much more than you spend meddling in transfers over the course of the season. with most United fans on the Caf nowadays its the inverse. Lets focus on buying lots of expensive pieces, selling everyone who we don't rate and it'll all fall into place. Basically 11 world class players in every position. It has been working wonders clearly.

Not at all. You'd think improving what is at his disposal is pretty much a given when it comes to the manager's job but we have this weird line of thought some have where that doesnt come into consideration at all. Some even go to the extent of saying Jose can only be judged when at least 8 players in the starting 11 are guys he's bought. Imagine that, how detached from reality does one have to be to think a club needs to give every manager an entire new team basically before starting to judge them.
I've heard this. It was what Moyes wanted too. If only any job or life in general was that easy. its an endless cycle. the next coach will demand the same and again and again. As I mentioned above, with the money involved now, the training aspect has been pushed aside and its a case of "he got to spend more than me" etc etc.

It's very relevant to us because it's becoming an issue that's dividing us as fans. There's a growing amount of fans tired of the annual clamour for new signings.
Every season is "which 4 players shall we sign for our 1st team" for the past 5 seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.