Cheering on Liverpool - 2017/18 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I'm very neutral here. Can enjoy the game but dont want either to go through... so idk. Dont care much for who goes through tbh, as long as either lose in the semis.

JG3001

The thing is I honestly couldn’t see either of these teams beating Barca or Real, even before what we are seeing now. Those two teams just know how to win these knockouts in the CL.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
I know he hasn't won shit during his time there, but I wish we had Klopp as manager instead of the dross we see week in week out.

Redforever<3

IMO an emphatic Liverpool win would certainly sweeten the pot for us come Saturday. Imagine forcing them to wait at least another week to clinch title just a few days after they're knocked out of the Cl.

Oscie

City vs Liverpool is a case of deciding who you think is the lesser of two evils. Thread title's a bit petulant.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Hope you guys are happy now. They're just another European Anfield night away from the final.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Barca? People still throwing their name in with little knowledge how casual they are in possession, it’s best possible opponent for this Liverpool.
Barca aren't as naive as City.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Barca? People still throwing their name in with little knowledge how casual they are in possession, it’s best possible opponent for Klopp’s Liverpool.
A very typical machine-like performance from Bayern will end any hope Liverpool have of making it number 6. That's assuming of course that City don't find a way back in to the tie at the Etihad.

buckooo1978

A very typical machine-like performance from Bayern will end any hope Liverpool have of making it number 6. That's assuming of course that City don't find a way back in to the tie at the Etihad.
Bayern were very poor last night and struggled against a quicker Sevilla side - very fortunate not to lose

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Barca aren't as naive as City.
I actually agree with Rajma. Liverpool are inconsistent but if they have a good day there is a very realistic chance they'd spank Barca. Only teams left in the competition that would be considerable favourites against them would be Madrid since they're the only team that is able to sit back somehow which is by far Liverpool's biggest weakness.

Rajma

Yeah Bayern and Real are certainly capable of doing Liverpool without much trouble, I was talking specifically about Barca and their current state though.

Last edited:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Bayern were very poor last night and struggled against a quicker Sevilla side - very fortunate not to lose
They have a lead at least, albeit a precarious one, which should be enough to overcome Sevilla. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, though.

Bayern were my pick as eventual winners of the competition from the start, so I'll stick with them.

The Bloody-Nine

They have a lead at least, albeit a precarious one, which should be enough to overcome Sevilla. I didn't get a chance to watch the game, though.

Bayern were my pick as eventual winners of the competition from the start, so I'll stick with them.
Both of their goals were deflected.

Raru9

I think Liverpool in a good game like this could beat Bayern and Barcelona if they play like yesterday.

But also, is really rare to see Liverpool playing at this level. Everybody was counting in his great attack but his defense playing good to stop one of the best attacks of Europe was a shocker.

trafford1980

I’d pay good money to see Liverpool lose in this competition.

So I am going to do just that, and dump a load of cash on them lifting the trophy.

If they lose, I’m ecstatic.

If they win, I’ll cry into a couple of sizable banknotes.

An emotional hedge.

Reactions: golden_blunder

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sickening. Absolutely sickening to see Liverpool pretty much make it to the champions league semi finals.

People are kidding themselves if they think this Liverpool side can't win the competition. They are frightening in attack and on their day can beat any team on the planet. Urgh. Going to be a miserable semi finals of the CL this year.

Eddy_JukeZ

I pray they don't get Barca. Think Liverpool's ruthless finishing would expose that 'great' defense Barcelona now have.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I pray they don't get Barca. Think Liverpool's ruthless finishing would expose that 'great' defense Barcelona now have.
Yep. Of the other three teams they're most likely to beat Barcelona. It's not just the finishing but also the pressing. They're pretty much the perfect team to expose Barcelona badly. This Barcelona are consistent and efficient but they struggle most when you press them high up the pitch, cut off the passing options and hit them with numbers winning the ball high up. Liverpool are one of the few teams built to play that way.

Madrid would be great because I think they'll deal very well with Liverpool and their tactics since their midfield is quality.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yep. Of the other three teams they're most likely to beat Barcelona. It's not just the finishing but also the pressing. They're pretty much the perfect team to expose Barcelona badly. This Barcelona are consistent and efficient but they struggle most when you press them high up the pitch, cut off the passing options and hit them with numbers winning the ball high up. Liverpool are one of the few teams built to play that way.

Madrid would be great because I think they'll deal very well with Liverpool and their tactics since their midfield is quality.
Yeah this Barcelona team are not good at attacking the press. It'll be the worst possible match-up for them. Only some serious Messi magic would get them through.

Hawks2008

Yeah don't want Liverpool going through, I could handle City progressing but any chance of Liverpool going through and then a possibility of hearing "6 times la" would be worse than seeing City lift a CL.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Seems everyone's hopes are pinned on Real and possibly Bayern.

Strange really given that if City went through I'd have backed Barce to beat them.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I always fancied their chances to beat Manchester City but I was expecting a more open match with shit defending on both sides, so it turned a perfect game for them in the end.

More than a Liverpool fan what I admire is the style Klopp has developing since his days at Dortmund as it's very attractive to watch as it's very direct and energetic. Also I think Real Madrid would be better avoiding them as they're still very impredictable and posses almost the same goal threat as we do, so I'd love them to see them advance and dispatch the likes of either Bayern or Barcelona.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's crazy really as to how stubborn Pep is.

Jose has already given him the blueprint on to how to easily deal with Liverpool and their style of play (see the total domination at Old Trafford and them failing to even registered a significant strike on target in 90 minutes).

Guess that won't be mentioned though.

MuranoLover

If they somehow get to the final and there is Barca/Real who rely on only 1 player , it will be very interesting if this 1 player is missing or not in his best form .

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
If we progress to the semi finals and get knocked out against Bayern, Barca or Madrid then so be it, their midfield and defence shits on ours. I still think Klopp is a genius for potentially reaching the semi finals with Milner and Henderson in midfield. I have to chuckle at the idea that because we may face Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona that it means we basically have no chance, of course we will be underdogs but that often brings out the best of Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.